GAC Roster View

I apologize if this has already been covered. I looked through the forum and didn't see anything, so here goes...

When viewing your opponent's roster through the GAC interface, are you seeing their current real-time roster or their GAC locked roster? I always assumed it was their GAC roster, because the whole point of viewing their roster is to prepare for your battle with them, so why would it be anything else. But something just happened that makes me rethink that.

I reviewed my opponent's roster yesterday to project who I thought they'd set on O and D so I could plan my squads accordingly. While doing so I noticed that two of their top toons (GMY and JKR) had no mods, so I thought, "Score! They must've been moving mods around before joining and forgot to remod." So I planned on using a weaker counter against my opponent's JKR squad. But now that defenses are set, and my opponent put their JKR squad on D, I'm looking at it and it's fully modded. And, unfortunately for me, now much tougher than what I planned for. If I had known, I would've brought 1 more good squad along for offense...now the clear is in serious jeopardy.

So when you click on an opponent in GAC and view their roster, what are you seeing? Looking now I see their fully modded toons so it's gotta be that you're viewing their roster in real time and I just happened to view my opponent's roster while they were moving mods around after GAC lock. Is that accurate?

If so, why wouldn't you be able to look at your opponent's GAC roster when viewing it through GAC? Makes no sense. I can see how viewing someone's roster any other way you'd of course want to be seeing their current roster. But if I'm about to fight someone in GAC, and select them to view their roster though GAC, wouldn't it make sense to show me the roster they're bringing into the battle?

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    It definitely used to be their current roster and.I believe that is still the case but I have not personally verified that recently.

If you view the characters / ships deployed on defense via the map, you will see the locked-in state.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    It definitely used to be their current roster and.I believe that is still the case but I have not personally verified that recently.

If you view the characters / ships deployed on defense via the map, you will see the locked-in state.

That I know for sure. But the problem is I can only see that after I've set my D and the offense stage has begun.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    So assume they all have mods, problem solved.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    So assume they all have mods, problem solved.

Obviously I will do that moving forward. But a true solution to the problem (and common sense) would be allowing us to actually view the roster our opponent is bringing into the battle.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    There's a ton more things I'd rather them spend time on.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    There's a ton more things I'd rather them spend time on.

I'm admittedly not a coder so I have no idea how much work is involved with this. To my amateur brain it isn't much since the rosters are locked in the system for GAC anyhow so all they're doing is making that roster visible within GAC instead of the real-time roster. But, I do agree that if I have to choose between that and new content I'd very much choose new content. Though a note on the roster view or somewhere in GAC that indicates the roster you're looking at isn't necessary the roster you're facing would be helpful.
  • CrownedPrince
    51 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    DragonCRC wrote: »
    I apologize if this has already been covered. I looked through the forum and didn't see anything, so here goes...

When viewing your opponent's roster through the GAC interface, are you seeing their current real-time roster or their GAC locked roster? I always assumed it was their GAC roster, because the whole point of viewing their roster is to prepare for your battle with them, so why would it be anything else. But something just happened that makes me rethink that.

I reviewed my opponent's roster yesterday to project who I thought they'd set on O and D so I could plan my squads accordingly. While doing so I noticed that two of their top toons (GMY and JKR) had no mods, so I thought, "Score! They must've been moving mods around before joining and forgot to remod." So I planned on using a weaker counter against my opponent's JKR squad. But now that defenses are set, and my opponent put their JKR squad on D, I'm looking at it and it's fully modded. And, unfortunately for me, now much tougher than what I planned for. If I had known, I would've brought 1 more good squad along for offense...now the clear is in serious jeopardy.

So when you click on an opponent in GAC and view their roster, what are you seeing? Looking now I see their fully modded toons so it's gotta be that you're viewing their roster in real time and I just happened to view my opponent's roster while they were moving mods around after GAC lock. Is that accurate?

If so, why wouldn't you be able to look at your opponent's GAC roster when viewing it through GAC? Makes no sense. I can see how viewing someone's roster any other way you'd of course want to be seeing their current roster. But if I'm about to fight someone in GAC, and select them to view their roster though GAC, wouldn't it make sense to show me the roster they're bringing into the battle?

When you view inventory you are seeing the real-time roster, not the GAC locked roster. I confirmed this in my last GAC multiple times. I agree, you should see the GAC locked roster. I went up against an opponent who ended up buying the hyperdrive bundle, so I had no idea what I would be up against in Division 11 (he had 1.2 million GP but division 11 is 600k and below). His defensive teams were very bad, so I assume that's why he bought the bundle.