Not Another "Are We There Yet?" Post

I keep checking this discussion daily, partially as therapy...somehow seeing other people share my impatience and frustration for the next Clash on Kamino event makes me feel slightly better.

What it seems that most are missing in their replies (the ones who already have GAS so don't care about the event) is CG put players in this position where there's frustration and angst over the event not happening yet. (To be fair they did so with good intentions.)

By going earlier than their usual cadence for the 2nd and 3rd events, they set up an expectation that this event's cadence would be more rapid than others, like Malak. Then by going even earlier for the 3rd event, some players got shafted who were farming towards the event 10 days later (or even a month later if they assumed the event would go back to the usual 3 month cadence). For transparency I will admit that is not me, I was not ready last time, so it made no difference to me.

Finally, you add to that a significant increase in events for #StayAndPlay (Thanks CG, that's genuinely been great!), leading many to logically assume that GAS would be coming back as part of that. Especially since if it did it would match the cadence of events ever since the character release.

So it's quite reasonable that I and many others are frustrated that this event hasn't come back yet. CG can of course run the event anytime they want, there's no official cadence, and they've never put these types of events on the calendar before. They've done nothing wrong here. But I work in communications, and unfortunately most of what we deal with are perceived wrongs, not actual wrongs. And because of all the reasons mentioned above, they really should have communicated that the event would not be part of #StayAndPlay, or that the last two events were early but this one would return to a more normal cadence, or the event would be delayed for the GAS/SLKR fix (which Kyno has rebuffed so that may not be the case). Something.

I mean, best would have been to actually run the event. If the whole point of #StayAndPlay is to give players something to do during the coronavirus lockdown, why not give them this event, especially since it would've been in line with the timing of previous GAS events? Plus it's content that's already ready to go, as I'm sure it's a lot more difficult for them to produce new content right now. But they chose not to do that and it's their game, they can do whatever they want.

Though not running the event does have some consequences. I haven't been around as long as most here so in between chasing metas I have to catch up on all the squads I don't have that hold me back in GAC, TW, and TB. So each time I hit a meta I then pause on the next one so I can catch up on a squad or two. After JKR it was NS and RJT, then after DR it was Sep Droids and ST, now I'm pushing for GAS and afterwards it's the rest of the separatists (Geos mostly). So I'm not a FTP player, I'm just catching up. I spent a significant amount of money (for me, at least), and of course time, getting ready for GAS on the timeline most expected...and ever since I've been a bit paralyzed. I have all the gear I need to get GAS up to g13r7 and my new arena squad all relic'd, but while I think I'm ready for the event some of that gear may be needed for toons in the actual event...so I can't put them on my clones now, for instance, or any other toons. Plus with a new arena squad I know I have to do a full roster remod, so that's pending. If you look at my character list right now, the screen is almost entirely green but I can't do anything. I'm ready to move forward but I can't make progress. It's so maddening.

I'm farming geos now and a few other toons, so I'm admittedly not 100% stuck. But I feel like I am. And I have time now, so I'd love to get unblocked and move forward, especially with the remod as that takes a lot of time (time that will be harder to come by when the economy opens back up).

So here's the consequence. Because I can't move forward I've gotten so frustrated that I downloaded another game and that game has been getting more of my attention (and all of my money). There's just too much frustration in the world right now, the whole point of this game for me is to have a bit of fun not more frustration. I'm not threatening to quit, I am sure I'll come back 100% when GAS finally releases again. But in the meantime GC has lost about $100 that I've spent elsewhere. It's not much money, but I cant be the only one. I feel like the smart business decision for CG would be to bring this event back to capture some revenue while they're delayed on some of their new content, bigger money plans.

Replies

• Options
    I'll say this before anyone else does. Yes, I know that was way too long of a post. It was partly therapeutic for me to get it all out...and partly that I wanted to make a fair and nuanced point, rather than just join the chorus of angry yelling.
  • Prattano
    9 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I may have also downloaded other games and spent a couple bucks for instant gratification.
    To be fair one was a hentai game... so I may have spent it either way
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this. I was thinking about saying something similar, lol I would not have been as eloquent though. I’ve completely stopped spending on this game, and communication from CG is the number one reason why (relatively small spender in this game, but a lot of money for me). It would take 5 minutes for CG to realize there are hundreds of posts on this forum, and to make a post addressing it. If this was a unique situation it wouldn’t bother me as much, but this happens over and over again. I love this game and the community and won’t be quitting, but I can’t see myself every spending another dollar when I have so little faith in CG.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    It happens over and over again because that's the deal with the top character events. They don't advertise them, they don't give you much notice, it happens when they're ready for it to happen.

If you're stopping your spending over this, you should have stopped years ago.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    It happens over and over again because that's the deal with the top character events. They don't advertise them, they don't give you much notice, it happens when they're ready for it to happen.

Agreed that this is their normal pattern, this was just the one that took me to my breaking point. But I still think this needs called out, if CG wants my money in the future better communication on everything is what I’m looking for. If they don’t, that’s fine, it is the pattern they’ve set, I just won’t be spending money on anything.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure they don't want your money then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Pretty sure they don't want your money then.

Lol fair. I’m definitely not their target
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options

Agreed that this is their normal pattern, this was just the one that took me to my breaking point. But I still think this needs called out, if CG wants my money in the future better communication on everything is what I’m looking for. If they don’t, that’s fine, it is the pattern they’ve set, I just won’t be spending money on anything.

At least they aren't as bad as the new Disney game. They announce new events hours before they launch, same with double drop events.

Also, the event that isn't even late by Legendary/hero journey/epic confrontation standards.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    GAS is returning 6/4 2020 :smile: