Just a small thank you

Replies

• kello_511 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Maybe I've missed it, but have the devs ever posted something along the lines of "Thank you for the $1 billion"?
    Why don't you:

Make a lemonade stand
    Sell a glass of lemonade for a dollar
    and then thank me for the dollar afterwards

I know I’m old school, but it makes me sad that I think you’re right on how business is run by CG and other companies nowadays.

because they never say thank you.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/search?adv=1&search=thank+you&title=&author=&cat=7&tags=&discussion_poll=1&discussion_d=1&comment_c=1&within=1+day&date=

Maybe i'm old school, but i feel its wrong to try bash someone by saying they didn't do something that they have done.....on multiple occasions.

Really?

Those all say “thank you for your understanding”, “thank you for your patience”, etc.
    He asked why they haven’t thanked customers for our financial support.

Those are different things.

Have you ever collected the anniversary gift?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • To the OP: I agree. Thank you CG. The extra challenge attempts and the temporary hard node cap increase were much appreciated.

I missed out on the final day's challenges because i didn't anticipate them ending it mid-day, which I complained about in another thread. But that does not negate that this was a much appreciated bonus from CG.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Imagine the absurdity of people out there who bash cg every day somehow being filled with contentment and happiness if CG put out a press release saying "Thanks for the cash!"
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Not to be controversial but I actually don’t like the 8 attempts. It only causes me to farm 2 characters at a time unless I refresh. Before I was doing 4 character/ship farms a day.

Without buying refreshes which I’m not into because I’m in hoard mode for GAS and Clones if Clash ever returns.

Completely your choice though, you don’t have to use all 8 attempts. You could just do 5 and still do your 4 char/ships a day.

So now I’m expected to finagle with a slider? No thank you.

Luckily they heard my complaint and ended it. ;)
  • JK_47
    41 posts Member
    Maybe I've missed it, but have the devs ever posted something along the lines of "Thank you for the $1 billion"?
    Why don't you:

Make a lemonade stand

People literally thank others all the time for their services? What's your point? Guess it's safe to assume you don't say thank you to baggers at grocery stores or the UPS guy when he drops off a package.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Imagine the absurdity of people out there who bash cg every day somehow being filled with contentment and happiness if CG put out a press release saying "Thanks for the cash!"

You are right. However I think there could be a middle ground here. For example when you purchase crystals the in game message says "success " it could say "thank you ". When you sell something you should always say thank you to the buyer.

They don't need to post in forums or a specialized email just change the wording of the generic popup.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Why don't you:

Make a lemonade stand

I know I’m old school, but it makes me sad that I think you’re right on how business is run by CG and other companies nowadays.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/search?adv=1&search=thank+you&title=&author=&cat=7&tags=&discussion_poll=1&discussion_d=1&comment_c=1&within=1+day&date=

Maybe i'm old school, but i feel its wrong to try bash someone by saying they didn't do something that they have done.....on multiple occasions.

Really?

Those all say “thank you for your understanding”, “thank you for your patience”, etc.

Okay, you can adjust those search settings to "Thank you for your support" and there are still quite a few posts. Personally, I feel as though it would be inappropriate to specify "...your financial support."
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    JK_47 wrote: »
    Why don't you:

Make a lemonade stand

People literally thank others all the time for their services? What's your point? Guess it's safe to assume you don't say thank you to baggers at grocery stores or the UPS guy when he drops off a package.
    Those are human beings who are working hard each and every day for hourly wages, and they are helping you get what you want (groceries, packages)

That's different than thanking a corporation for selling you a bundle of crystals

The argument here is the reverse, the UPS guy comes and delivers the package and thanks YOU for ordering

I think CG saying "Thank you for a billion dollars" is just meaningless words

Its not going to change anything. It doesn't mean anything. If CG wants to go and say it, great. If they don't, so what?

When I go watch John Wick, I don't care if Keanu Reeves thanked me for watching him on the big screen, neither does Disney thanking me for watching Avengers change my experience or opinion of the film or the company

The point of my lemonade stand analogy was that the business worked hard to earn that dollar and asking companies to thank you for their success undercuts the amount of effort that was put into making that milestone. I don't know, maybe its just me but DeVito's comment of demanding thanks for what the company achieved seemed like saying CG didn't put any work into earning the money, and its a charity case
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Why don't you:

Make a lemonade stand

I don’t think CG is thankful of this community even in the slightest.

That seems like a personal issue, but I dont know you, any more than you know them.....
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Why don't you:

Make a lemonade stand

I don’t think CG is thankful of this community even in the slightest.

That seems like a personal issue, but I dont know you, any more than you know them.....

Let’s put it this way, if I were in management involved with this game, people spending tens of thousands of dollars would hear directly from me how much I appreciate their business.
    CG does that too,
    They get to ban dodge!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I once bought 3 cases of Budweiser and I'm STILL waiting on a thank you from the high and mighty "King" of Beers. pretty outrageous
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I once bought 3 cases of Budweiser and I'm STILL waiting on a thank you from the high and mighty "King" of Beers. pretty outrageous

LOL at 3 cases

I bet they thank huge distributors though

IT'S THE PRINCIPLE!
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

LOL at 3 cases

IT'S THE PRINCIPLE!

Or maybe you missed the hoofwritten by Clydesdales Xmas card in your mailbox!

I hate horses! Go Burger King!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

LOL at 3 cases

IT'S THE PRINCIPLE!

Or maybe you missed the hoofwritten by Clydesdales Xmas card in your mailbox!

ngl, I would very much want to receive one of those, that sounds awesome (depending on which Clydesdale, of course)
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Not to be controversial but I actually don’t like the 8 attempts. It only causes me to farm 2 characters at a time unless I refresh. Before I was doing 4 character/ship farms a day.

Without buying refreshes which I’m not into because I’m in hoard mode for GAS and Clones if Clash ever returns.

Completely your choice though, you don’t have to use all 8 attempts. You could just do 5 and still do your 4 char/ships a day.

So now I’m expected to finagle with a slider? No thank you.

@BrashSchwartz I'm curious, do you take all your mods straight to level 15, or just refuse to engage in mods at all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Why don't you:

Make a lemonade stand

Really?

Have you ever collected the anniversary gift?

Yes I have.
    I’m not the one asking for a thank you here. I’m just pointing out that a link to posts saying “thanks for tolerating our errors” is not the same as saying “thank you for your support”.
  • exile038
    138 posts Member
    They could have waited a few more hours to end and not take away 2 zetas from people who were waiting for the guild activity change.

While I mostly agree, CG has been very consistent with their game updates. They are mostly on the same day of the week, the same time and there is an in-game announcement of update times.
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    Haha what a ridiculous conversation. Arguing about whether a company should thank their patrons outright? That's one heck of an insecurity issue that requires a thank you for your money. A company has a product you want; you have money they want. You exchange for mutual benefit; the end. Why does anyone need to be grateful beyond having obtained what you set out to obtain? Seriously, grow up.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Why don't you:

Make a lemonade stand

A **** stand might be a closer comparison. I've never done any hard drugs outside of tobacco and alcohol, but my cannabis provider back in the '80s used to say "Danke" every time I paid him.

ETA: The censored bit was the name of a popular synthetic recreational substance. Expensive habit to get into or so I've been told, but still a lot cheaper than getting addicted to gear purchases in SWGOH.