Barriss Darkside character

I would like to see Barriss for the Darkside considering she betrayed Ashoka and fought anakin a dual wielding red sabre Barriss needs to come in the future if your willing to take players advice I have a few skills I thought would work for her

Replies

• Options
    Interesting. She is listed as a fallen Jedi on Wookieepedia as well. Which is pretty much synonymous with dark Jedi. She did commit treason to the Order with a violent crime, and fought a fellow member, as you said. Seeing as how Luminara is already light side, this would actually be a good move to balance out the healing disparity between the two alignments, especially seeing as they have very similar passives as well. God knows I could use the extra HP for three-starring those darn Jawa levels on dark side stage 5. Maybe they could change her passive to start at 8-10% bonus HP for all allies (or just Force users, half for others) and scale by 1.5% per ability rank that grants that bonus. Would be nice to see a character reflecting their final canonical status in the game, seeing as how she will likely only have one version. Unless they're going to go Heroes of Dragon Age on us and make Order-Doubting Barriss and Dark Jedi Barriss as well. ;)
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm all for a dark side healer. Working on daka now. I wonder how a bariss type healer would balance with the existing darkside characters. Maybe a heal at or just below Talia without the health cost.
    I dont thik it would hurt Talia's relevance in the game, because any healer probably wouldnt have any ability that would have as much damage that would equal Talias special. I know I would start grinding shards right away if it happened.

I also like the idea that pazzak brought up about bringing in multiple instances of the same character. The Star Wars universe is definitely rich enough to implement it without causing balance issues.

It seems as though EA is already thinking of this with toons like Jedi Anakin, Old Ben, and Clone Wars Chewy.
  • Options
    Yeah, I was more making fun of them for having the habit of making sometimes inconsequential versions of characters that were essentially low-tier fodder and had no real relevance outside of representing a character in a way that sometimes wasn't even in the actual games. Or making a character who was a reskin/sidegrade variant or even releasing a weaker version at the same time as the superior one to incentivize you towards spending on the more powerful hero. In any case, they seem to be doing fine in this game from the examples you gave. Nothing wrong with the eventual release of Obi-Wan Kenobi and the existing pair of Anakin and Vader. Both examples represent the characters at very different stages of their lives, with different views and capacities/motivations to fight. Not that the latter few have any bearing on gameplay, but a lot of us do care about lore. Same thing with Jedi Luke and Luke Skywalker. Although, I wouldn't be averse to a Pod Racer Anakin. :p
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah...exactly what I was thinking. Old Ben is so different from Obi Wan Kenobe that it would actually add to the game to have them both rather than detract from it like those side characters you mentioned...the "have them in the game just to have them in the game" characters. An example might be a Queen Amidala with a tiny laser pistol and some kind of special ability that someone already has, and does better for that matter lol.
  • Lokorian
    29 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yea you gotta remember barriss wasn't only one either I'd like to see pong krell in here too. With barriss I thought it would be cool if she since she a fallen Jedi a passive ability could be The Fallen- barriss receives an increase to Eva, strength, and defense against Jedi characters. Her heal could be focused as % of her health that heals teammates so lower her health the smaller the heal to balance it, making her more a tank healer but takes no health cost like talia. Then she should have a stagger ability atk that dmgs all enemies with a small % chance for all to miss a turn but at least 1-2 for sure miss turn and dmg should be pretty decent since it's only big one she has since she'd be dual wielding tank of doom lol
  • Options
    Thanks for the spoiler alert
  • Options
    I'd rather have a dark side healer who uses force drain ;)
  • Options
    We will see barriss dark side. Attacker with low hp. No heal. I read it In localisation txt list for another language.
    Sorry for my english.
  • Options
    Lol no spoiler bro just facts from lore that is still staying. Clone wars was last thing kept in storyline rebels based from that and between clone wars and new movie everything here on out Disney plays hands in hence the changing of lore for the new movie not much change but still enough I almost walked out the theatre haha
  • Pure_Pazaak
    386 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Maybe in the next movie the main cast will meet WALL-E and team up to clean up the galaxy of the New Order trash. :)
  • Options
    I like the idea of multiple versions of one character. But seeing 4 different Luke's on one team wouldn't be great visually to me? Maybe a system where you had to unlock each version and switch between versions to use for a battle to suit the upcoming enemy? Then you get all your versions of a character, but don't have the awkwardness of seeing the same character twice. Just an idea.
  • Options
    I agree she should be on the dark side. I think this only for the fact the I have hardly any dark side healers on my roster.
  • Options
    This is where I saw it! I need to do a better job at footnoting and giving credit to the people who have the ideas. I thought neutral was the way to go - 2 healers for each side and Bariss a swinger!
  • Options
    +1 for Darkside. Heal should stay the same but a bit more Power on her Autos
  • Options
    Barriss is best option for a healer for Darkside at this moment in time, sadly we do not see many females On the Darkside.

There is so much that can be done and while visual appealing teams may get kinda old they can kinda fix that, like why is Luke a sniper anyways that's just silly we should have had Jedi knight Luke right away if they make another that should be it I know they could do new hope Luke, if they wanted his blue saber version.

They have a lot of options with characters and it's good they held off a bit think of all the clones we still haven't seen, they too could be some dark oriented since order 66 from Cody.

• Options
    I'll just second the general opinion that it's a good idea to make a dark side version for another dark side healer (the light one can stay too, as other characters already have that going on). An excuse to sell another character / costume if anything.
    Changing up her skills is optional, as long as the healing is kept in some form.

Bring us Darth Coffee.
  • Options
    I notice that Asaji heals when i fight in pvp. She has wicked heals too. Anyone else notice this? Is she a high dark side healer? (been tempted to farm for her)
  • Options
    She only heals herself based off her move, she's not a team healer
  • Options
    Muajin wrote: »
    I notice that Asaji heals when i fight in pvp. She has wicked heals too. Anyone else notice this? Is she a high dark side healer? (been tempted to farm for her)

She heals herself, i didn't bother.
  • Options
    Well Darkside really isn't known for healers and it makes sense. Rather than Barris darkside i rather see Supreme leader snoke[plagues] and he would be a healer plus a reviver, kinda like Ewoke Eldar but stronger since he is a Lord of Sith. A cool leader buff be cool too, also he could revive himself once. This would be way cooler than dark barris
  • Options
    Her 2nd skill strike fear heals the entire group. She dispells 1 posotive effect from each enemy and heals the group for 4% of each effect dispelled this way.
  • Options
    havn't skilled her up yet, I assume that comes in later on? intitially the tooltip says she heals her self....no mention of team members.
  • Options
    I was hoping with the Barriss adjustment the developers would adjust her to affect all force users with greater oomph.
    I'd like to see "force user" instead of "Jedi" in all of her ability descriptions.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    Ok. So she does have a heal skill. Guess I'll have to farm for her :D.
  • Options
    Dark side and healing team members are not two things that go together lol, self healing dark side yes. Not really a group of people that like to heal others though.