YetiYeti
434 posts Member
In Space?
Seriously?

Replies

• StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    It's a franchise about religious space wizards, and that's what you don't understand?
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    It's a franchise about religious space wizards, and that's what you don't understand?

Is the Imp Tie Bomber a space Wizard? Cus that'd be kinda sick.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »

Wouldn't it though?

Also, you are playing a game where your character is visiting a fictional cantina in a fictional galaxy and playing a trading card game. I wouldn't get too hung up on things like "fire cannot be sustained in a vacuum."
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Wouldn't it though?

Also, you are playing a game where your character is visiting a fictional cantina in a fictional galaxy and playing a trading card game. I wouldn't get too hung up on things like "fire cannot be sustained in a vacuum."

[Removed]

Why not Corrosion? Or I dunno... Something that isn't just a copy pasta of the character debuff. Why not just apply stagger too? Cus why not?
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options
    Fire in space? check
    220px-Starwars_explosion.jpg
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options

Wouldn't it though?

Seems pretty **** lazy though, doesn't it?

Why not Corrosion? Or I dunno... Something that isn't just a copy pasta of the character debuff. Why not just apply stagger too? Cus why not?

Why does every new thing need a new buff? It's just a fancy DoT anyway.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I’m upset that a make believe holotable game of a make believe story defies the laws of physics.

I demand justice!

Seems very Rian Johnson of CG there.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Fire in space? check
    220px-Starwars_explosion.jpg

But not *sustained* fire.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Wouldn't it though?

[Removed]

What, corrosion as in rust? Which is caused by the reaction between Iron and Oxygen in the presence of water?

In space?
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Options

Wouldn't it though?

What, corrosion as in rust? Which is caused by the reaction between Iron and Oxygen in the presence of water?

In space?

Galvanic Corrosion occurs without free oxygen. Sorry.
  • Options

Wouldn't it though?

In space?

Lucasian burning occurs without free oxygen.
    Sorry.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    What if the burning is on the inside?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    if anakin had been born in space maybe he wouldn't have been so angry (x2, amirite?)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »

Like a UTI?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Wouldn't it though?

Because if its other abilities keyed in off ANY DoTs it would get out of hand real fast. Also because burning reduces evasion and DoTs don't.

Thank God. I was scrolling further and further through this thread and feeling more and more despair that no one had suggested this yet...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    In Space?
    Seriously?

it’s just a game
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Wouldn't it though?

Because if its other abilities keyed in off ANY DoTs it would get out of hand real fast. Also because burning reduces evasion and DoTs don't.

No, I understand why it's burning instead of a DoT. But OP suggested a third damage over time debuff, and I was questioning why.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options

Like a UTI?

Yeah..... errr... maybe not
    or possibly the bomb concussions destroy some of the inner computers. Might have to use your imagination a bit.
  • LendersQuiz
    1168 posts Member
    Options

Wouldn't it though?

All while making noise in space too! :)
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    This is so tame and I think we need more outlandish stuff.

I want Thrawn to jump out of his cap ship, fly over Leia poppins style and scissor kick Biggs in the fase.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEE!!!!!!!!
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • Options

Wouldn't it though?

In space?

Galvanic corrosion also requires a liquid medium. Please explain how liquid can be forcefully propelled through space with any accuracy and then be forced to stay in contact with a surface. And then explain why Lucas never employed human waste torpedoes in space.

Go ahead. I'll wait.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I forget how apologist these forums are... Stockholm syndrome af.

Apologist about how George Lucas didn't care about the laws of physics when creating a science fiction movie in the 70s? Yup, you got me.

This seems like a good time to remind everyone that Lucas also told Carrie Fisher that she couldn’t wear underwear because underwear would supposedly strangle you in zero-G. And at no point in the OT is anyone in a zero-G environment.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just going to assume the bombing run ruptured some tanks and ignited them, and it takes the droids a couple of turns to repair them (or they empty). There, burning works just fine.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    Could have just named it concussion. Kind of lazy to not find a new word for the mechanic.
  • Options
    Ah yes, space. Hmm look a ship. Let me set it on fire, that seems fun.
    *few minutes later*
    Dammit! Why is there no fire! I want fire!
    *attempts to set alight again*
    I GIVE UP!
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Could have just named it concussion. Kind of lazy to not find a new word for the mechanic.

They would have to find a new word, and new artwork, and new mechanics, and new underlying variables and all that. Not as simple as "just rename it," and not worth the time when it's going to do the same exact thing but they didn't want to call it "burn" because no oxygen.
  • Options
    Too expensive.
    I have a bad feeling about this.