GL Kylo vs GL Rey

Daishi
718 posts Member
With the newest buff to Kylo and his entire team Rey has gone from on par in PVP and useless in PvE, to garbage in both. Yes compared to a non GL rey is still good. However if someone was to compare Rey vs Kylo, it's an EASY victory for Kylo now. It was at least questionable before.

So how do you restore the balance in the force?
Rey should be buffed in general.
1) Light side allies are immune to critical hits during ultimate.
2)Rey is immune to fracture and taunt effects
3) Light side allies that take fatal damage will stop at 1hp and trigger damage immunity if it has not already triggered.
4) Increase mastery gain when opponent gains bonus TM from 5% stacking to 5% multiplied. So first time they gain TM 5%, second time 25%, third time 125%.

Let's look at these individually.
1) Light side allies are immune to critical hits during ultimate.
Of all the tweaks this one is the most needed immediately. Currently Kylo can ultimate chain. He gets his ultimate and is immune, and if Rey didn't time her ultimate just before his, most of her team is immediately wiped out. Now if she does manage to pop her ultimate, her team survives but kylo does enough AOE attacks to not only drain their mastery, but to refill his ultimate, so once their protection ends he simply re-enters ultimate and wipes them.

2) Rey is immune to fracture and taunt. This is simply to block the thrawn counters to Rey, since they blocked all the non GL counters to Kylo.

3) Death stop. This is to allow the rey team to survive a Kylo AOE long enough to actually damage his team or possibly give rey time to do an extra whirlwind. It wont be too OP because whirlwind triggers at dropping below 60% but they will only regain 50% after damage immunity ends.

4) Increased mastery gain. This is needed to make Rey at least somewhat useful in HSTR or other future raids. Currently everyone I've talked to has had the same experience as myself. Rey is useless in raids. This stacking wouldnt allow her to stack very high since most phases increase speed, not TM. It might allow her to do some better damage tho.

None of this even takes into account the difference in requirements for arena teams. Currently kylo uses a full FO or at least mostly FO arena team. For rey to be close to on par she needs JKR, and GS at minimum. Breaking up 2 other possible teams to put together a harder to counter team. Now in arena this isnt a big deal, but in GAC or TW it very much is.

Tldr: Rey needs buffs to even compare to Kylo. Right now I'd never recommend anyone get Rey.

Replies

• Options
    @Sebek with the latest update Supreme Leader Kylo git a small touch up to his leadership to stop the undersized GAS counter. It's quite a nice and powerful addition that really makes his lead much better. I'm glad with it as his lead was the worst part of his kit. Thou this person now seems to be angry that Rey isn't the absolute strongest of the 2 anymore and he will now probably have to put in actual effort to counter Kylo with Rey and in their anger and haste over absolutely nothing (since Rey hasn't been nerfed in any way) has decided that his new toy needs to break the entire game now that Kylo is a bit stronger. Even thou we haven't even had the time to test out what kind of effect this has on other types of counters. The only good suggestion in this post is the first one: critical hit immunity during ultimate, which is actually pretty fair (guess he got lucky). The other ones are just ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    @Sebek with the latest update Supreme Leader Kylo git a small touch up to his leadership to stop the undersized GAS counter. It's quite a nice and powerful addition that really makes his lead much better. I'm glad with it as his lead was the worst part of his kit. Thou this person now seems to be angry that Rey isn't the absolute strongest of the 2 anymore and he will now probably have to put in actual effort to counter Kylo with Rey and in their anger and haste over absolutely nothing (since Rey hasn't been nerfed in any way) has decided that his new toy needs to break the entire game now that Kylo is a bit stronger. Even thou we haven't even had the time to test out what kind of effect this has on other types of counters. The only good suggestion in this post is the first one: critical hit immunity during ultimate, which is actually pretty fair (guess he got lucky). The other ones are just ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

I mean yeah, why would she be immune to fracture ??? Every rey counter without GL kylo had Thrawn and that was just because of Fracture
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »

I mean yeah, why would she be immune to fracture ??? Every rey counter without GL kylo had Thrawn and that was just because of Fracture

She would be immune to fracture to block any non GL counter, since they seem to have blocked any non GL counter to kylo by essentially making his whole team crit immune. Since he gives everyone advantage and advantage makes them crit immune. Why not just dispel? Oh wait he refreshes advantage if they lose it without actually using it.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Out of those 4, #1 NEEDS to happen to create equality in their ultimate. Kylo being able to chain ultimates invalidates rey and her damage immunity. Because it only reduces damage to -1 kylo can still rebuild his ultimate bar while in his ultimate to chain ultimates and devastate rey.

The 2 changes that NEED to happen are make light side allies immune to critical hits while in ultimate stance, and some type of increase to her PvE viability to allow her to also solo HSTR. Since kylo was given a massive boost to PvP viability, Rey should get an increase to PvE viability.
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    Out of those 4, #1 NEEDS to happen to create equality in their ultimate. Kylo being able to chain ultimates invalidates rey and her damage immunity. Because it only reduces damage to -1 kylo can still rebuild his ultimate bar while in his ultimate to chain ultimates and devastate rey.

The 2 changes that NEED to happen are make light side allies immune to critical hits while in ultimate stance, and some type of increase to her PvE viability to allow her to also solo HSTR. Since kylo was given a massive boost to PvP viability, Rey should get an increase to PvE viability.

So u want her to have an ability which she would use to instantly defeat Raid bosses ?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    no one should go for this "useless garbage" toon. please. lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Called it. Supreme Leader Kylo doesn't break the game after his buff:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-t-IAz6eT0
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    no one should go for this "useless garbage" toon. please. lol

Exactly right! In the choice between which GL to go for, one that is a solid PvP defense, an unstoppable force in PvP offense, and can solo the entire HSTR raid. Can make a team easily beat 4/4 in TB.

OR

One that's solid in offense and defense, better in 3v3 but equally easy to counter in 5v5, but is completely useless in raids. Can also make a team 4/4 in TB.

Of the 2, investing in one is garbage compared to the other. Maybe CG has some wonderful new game mode planned that Rey will shine in, and kylo will be useless that will also reward G12+ gear and mod salvage. I just struggle to understand how any game mode would make Kylo useless while letting Rey shine, because Kylo kit is just clearly stronger
  • OnlyZule
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo was already superior in PVE content and had the more useful prerequisite characters. Even the useless required FO toons are at least pilots for my FO fleet. Now Kylo shines in PVP compared to Rey. I should have went with my gut and farmed Kylo but Rey seemed better in PVP and I thought she would be decent for LSTB. Wish I had a Delorean LOL.
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    Options
    Very annoying. I was okay with one shinning in PvP, while the other was a PvE monster. Give and take.

Now it's not so. Smooth knee **** reaction as usual by the powers that be.
  • Options
    I support Daishi,now rey more investment than kylo,but PVP and PVE more useless than kylo.I think and hope EA must Balance them.