Stop asking to pay for purple gear

PGIII
24 posts Member
Lately there have been quite a few posts about wanting to spend money to get purples. Think long-term. Nothing would destroy this game more than that very implementation.

Look at the gear requirements for G9 10 11 and 12, think of the amount of money that you would logically need to spend if they made purples available to buy, and then draw your own conclusions.

But if you need help drawing one, I'll help:
Pay to win. Whales are every slot in the top 50 and krill have literally have no chance of beating them or catching up, ever. Gear level is the biggest differentiator in this game. Use your fully geared G8s to attack a team full of G7s and you'll see what I mean. If all the whales are G12 after spending for it, krill struggling to hit G10 will quit. The game will die. Period.

Replies

• slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Fo shizzle
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with you but I think the price would keep the whales in check. A 50 purple item takes 2500 energy to get. At 100 crystal refresh that's 2000 crystals. So they would charge more than that rate. You'd probably see the 200 crystal refresh rate as the price so $30-$40 per purple. With 18 slots to fill let's say 10 are bad. That's 300 per character so 1500 for an arena team.

So any non launch server might have 3 or 4 of these guys who would drop 1500 for 5 characters gear. This is the realm of the kraken rather than the whale. So having the limited number of 5k plus spenders dropping another $1500 is not really a big deal.

How many 5k plus players per shard on the launch servers.

They'd Also be getting something for their money.