Can we fix the back to back ulti on SLKR?

As title says, SLKR keeps looping with back to back ultimates while rey sits there getting rekt.
If you do ulti to protect your team, then they die on second ulti.
If you wait for his 2nd ulti, then you have lost enough toons to not be able to recover.

Replies

• vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    In all the top 25 ranking toon topic or videos I read or watched, Rey was always rank 1 so She should be able to beat Kylo :D
  • Options
    In all the top 25 ranking toon topic or videos I read or watched, Rey was always rank 1 so She should be able to beat Kylo :D

That aint the point, is it?
    She is able to beat Kylo, point is the back to back ultimate.
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options

Let us know how you feel when you actually use her.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Not sure that i will ever use her. I already have Kylo, but i have no more energy to go for 2nd GL.
    If they do new batch of GL with Vader i ll go for him
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I agree. OP do you actually use Rey?

As a SLKR user, the AI does a pretty good job of getting me to 3 to 5 on 1 pretty quickly. I typically win by timing my ultimates right and not by looping ultimates. Looping ultimates only happens if I fracture Rey and the rest of the team fails to kill more than 1 of my guys.
  • Options

As a SLKR user, the AI does a pretty good job of getting me to 3 to 5 on 1 pretty quickly. I typically win by timing my ultimates right and not by looping ultimates. Looping ultimates only happens if I fracture Rey and the rest of the team fails to kill more than 1 of my guys.

Yes, I am using Rey and actually this is what happens to me most:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH1k58dXHmM&feature=youtu.be

Timing is absolutely fine, but you can't time twice back to back vs AI. See the above.

And yes, i am aware a team of JKR/GAS/GK/Hoda can slow down the crit train, but that team requires to destroy 4 teams whist opponent is (almost) full FO.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options

Timing is absolutely fine, but you can't time twice back to back vs AI. See the above.

And yes, i am aware a team of JKR/GAS/GK/Hoda can slow down the crit train, but that team requires to destroy 4 teams whist opponent is (almost) full FO.

Wait, I’m confused. Are you talking about squad arena or GAC/TW?

Assuming you’re talking about GAC/TW, you have access to break apart you’re whole roster just like your opponent. In that match shown, your opponent broke DR to make that team and you used wat to make your team. It seems like an even match with the outcome determined by your play. Most of my SLKR matches in squad arena are the same. I pick a team based on what I know will beat my opponents composition, and then I typically win with only SLKR left. Sometimes Rey outguns me 1 on 1. But I have to time my ultimates too. It’s not like I just hit auto and walk away.

I guess I just don’t see the issue that requires a rework of SLKR.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options

This is my issue. Had they used FOST instead of Malak it would have been an entire FO team. Find me a full resistance team that's equal to that in arena. Because everytime I do anything with full resistance in arena vs Kylo teams I get destroyed. Maybe I need to remod, maybe I need to push more fro. R5 to R7. But honestly I am so frustrated with Rey and her inability to do much other than arena. Sure shes OK in LSTB, but an extra 4/4 every 36 hours for 4 phases once a month... that's pretty limited usefulness compared to SLKR soloing everything AND being a PVP God. Maybe CG will release a new game mode that makes Rey great and kylo trash in that game mode. I have my doubts. Until then, just tweak Reys kit so while in ultimate stance light side allies are immune to critical. That fixes the loop vs Rey and doesnt affect Kylo in any other game mode.
  • Options
    @Scuttlebutt Lets assume the GAC/TW scenario you mention.
    Opponent places SLKR to def. To win this either I rng with resistance, not much of success there due to back to back ultimate, either I destroy JKR, Padme and 501 teams or 501 for using the fact that AI won't do AoE/Ulti while fives lives.

On the other side, I place my Rey on def and opponent wants to win. They just use full FO SLKR team.

Nonetheless, in my opinion back to back ultimate charges need to be somehow prevented. Both Rey (if there's something that enters her in such state) and SLKR.

Does it make sense for you that in the above video SLKR does ultimate twice? How is Rey supposed to counter this? And if you think that my video is one out of 100, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1EoiNsm5hY another guy, with GK this time.

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    I guess I don't understand what the concern is here. There's no "back to back" ultimate - there is using an ultimate, getting one turn off invincibility, then two turns later using his ultimate again.

As Kylo whittles down the Rey squad, it takes him longer and longer to build the next ultimate. So... I'm legitimately confused about the complaint here. A good player with Rey can beat Kylo. So what is the problem?
  • Options
    "Until then, just tweak Reys kit so while in ultimate stance light side allies are immune to critical. That fixes the loop vs Rey and doesnt affect Kylo in any other game mode."
    I think that synopsises all.

Two turns again ultimate, so, i am legitimately confused how rey can compete that.
  • Ladas
    26 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I don’t think it’s back to back ultimates, it’s that the AI will now save the ultimate until it hits 100, which then gives SLKR 3 full turns of his ultimate... no CD on abilities, so he AEs 3 times back to back, no damage for 3 turns, etc. prior to the recent upgrades, it seemed the AI would use the ultimate at 60, so it only lasted 1 turn.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    @Scuttlebutt Lets assume the GAC/TW scenario you mention.
    Opponent places SLKR to def. To win this either I rng with resistance, not much of success there due to back to back ultimate, either I destroy JKR, Padme and 501 teams or 501 for using the fact that AI won't do AoE/Ulti while fives lives.

On the other side, I place my Rey on def and opponent wants to win. They just use full FO SLKR team.

Nonetheless, in my opinion back to back ultimate charges need to be somehow prevented. Both Rey (if there's something that enters her in such state) and SLKR.

Does it make sense for you that in the above video SLKR does ultimate twice? How is Rey supposed to counter this? And if you think that my video is one out of 100, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1EoiNsm5hY another guy, with GK this time.

Still not seeing it. There’s a 1 turn window between ultimates. Both videos you posted showed Rey winning by timing her ultimate properly. I have to do the same thing with SLKR. Rey’s ultimate can one shot SLKR if I don’t time it right. So is the issue being forced to manually play the match?

And to the comment about breaking so many teams in GAC for Rey vs fewer for SLKR, a lot of that has to do with Rey synergizing so well with so many light side toons. SLKR is very limited because he reduces max health/prot when DS gain turn meter, and so many DS teams are reliant on gaining TM.

If my opponent in squad arena places Rey, GaS, JKR, GK, and wat, I typically use a team that has Malak and thrawn in it because it has a much higher success rate than just FO. They break a lot of teams and so do I. Plus, no one has tested the buffed SLKR vs Rey in 5v5 GAC yet anyway.
  • chmoAr0ufif0u
    83 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Ok, might be exaggerating with back to back, yet one 1 turn window is something rey can't reach, not by slightest.
    I don't see how Rey synergizes so well with so many LS toons since you can't inspire them, while *all* DS toons are immune to crit.

Edit: The problem here is that you have to time it once. When she does it. I have to time it for the second time, pray that i have killed all the other toons and have survived until then.

Edit 2: You used Malak from DR and Thrawn who is all around. How that compares with jkr, gas and GK?
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    You guys know they banned ahnald hoping we would forget they messed up the balance of the GL’s right?

Sorry but no.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Sorry but no.

..put your tinfoil hat on, then answer the question....

• Options
    I really hope that either Ray will be strengthened and given the same protection from a critical hit, it will be possible to forget about GK and leave him with the Jedi. This will be fair. And so, change shoes in flight, when people walked for one goal for so long, choosing between a strong arena or an equally good arena and HTRS in one person. In the end, everything is so spoiled that I now try to just overcome the thought of leaving here because of the spoiled path to Ray