Summertime causes a problem

Dani
9 posts Member
The summertime startded and resulted in everything +1 hour (Arena: 19h instead of 18h, bonus energy 13h and 19h and 22h instead of 12 and 18h and 21). Do you have the same problem? I think this is a big problem, because i - as a working person - will miss all bonus energy now :(

Is there a fix planed? Do you habe the same problem?

Replies

• Options
    Same here, I thought they fixed this issue when NA players experienced this earlier this month, but apparently not for European players.

Please fix!
  • MGP
    48 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have the same problem
  • Options
    I am an American living in Italy and have this same issue. The time changed occurred on a different schedule than the US, several weeks later, and now that it has, the time of the energy drops and awards is an hour later than it is supposed to be.

@EA_Jesse what's the deal with this?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    The "official" forum reddit said no it will be fixed in fall when clocks go back.
  • Options
    So now what? We will just gather the resources/extra energy one hour later from now on? Did they care to post an official answer about this HERE and NOT on Reddit ffs!
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Tbh one of the dev's may have commented about it in the long threat previously posted but to me that is a useless update because it gets lost
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Most funny thing I have read today, thx for the link!

• Options
    I couldn't find any response in that thread.... It should be an official post. Someone should remind @EA_Jesse what is the official forum for this game.
  • Dirlyn
    160 posts Member
    Options
    daylight savings time... working the same way as it has for years, first time affecting THIS game.... working as intended, it'll go back to the way it was before in the fall when daylight savings time happens again.
    I don't care anymore. I tried to be nice, I tried to speak my concerns... you trolls just brought me to the dark side. Way to go. Working as intended.
  • Options
    First time I hear this is actually an issue...
  • Dani
    9 posts Member
    Options
    Please give us an official statement?
  • Options
    Dani wrote: »

You will get one as soon as they release the "TimeZone Package" - unique offer, only for those who spent more than $200 on this game: You are NOT affected by the daylight saving time for an year!
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Dani wrote: »
    ....can't go in to too much detail here (don't ask me why, I sincerely don't know why I can't talk about certain things), but I don't believe....multiple reasons....problematic....Details. I don't really know them....If I learn more and I can share, I will. However, don't expect a DST adjustment at this time.
    You really expect a statement after this? They can't talk about it, it's top secret :D
  • Options
    To be honest I'm not really that fussed about the physical times for challenges/energy etc. What does bother me however is the development response on reddit.

1. They've said that doing things for certain timezones is problematic - my issue with this is that they ALREADY do it for different timezones so this shouldn't be an issue. On top of that they manage to do a 6 day promotion for US & Canada users to receive poe/phasma shards yet changing some game timers for 6 months for certain countries will cause them problems.

2. And this is downright funny - They state that it could cause problems for countries that don't observe DST. Well have a look at this link http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/g.html now is it just me or are the majority of their player base observing DST?

3. Again, the development response was made on reddit and not the official forum?

Like I've said the times don't bother me as such but how they have managed it is rather funny.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    To be honest I'm not really that fussed about the physical times for challenges/energy etc. What does bother me however is the development response on reddit.

1. They've said that doing things for certain timezones is problematic - my issue with this is that they ALREADY do it for different timezones so this shouldn't be an issue. On top of that they manage to do a 6 day promotion for US & Canada users to receive poe/phasma shards yet changing some game timers for 6 months for certain countries will cause them problems.

2. And this is downright funny - They state that it could cause problems for countries that don't observe DST. Well have a look at this link http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/g.html now is it just me or are the majority of their player base observing DST?

3. Again, the development response was made on reddit and not the official forum?

Like I've said the times don't bother me as such but how they have managed it is rather funny.

Yup! 100% Agree
  • Spydermb
    78 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    There daily login says "Rewards reset at midnight each day". My midnight is not 1am. Please fix your server to match what you say. Thanks click on Rewards etc to see image
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »

My question is...what happens when I move back to California from Italy, it's a 9 hours difference. Will my daily reset be at 9 AM? Drops at 9PM, Midnight and 5 AM? Or is the only issue DST to STD time change?