SLKR ai is not working as intended

Prev1
Most of the community already know that Kylos ai is not using any aoe (including the ultimate) when the other team has CT-5555 Fives in it. I can see that it was hard coded to not use aoe against fives but eventually this ai behaviour hinders SLKR defense viability in arena/ TW and GAC immensly.
and please don't respond with: just don't use sith trooper... that there are work arounds doesn't make it better as his ai is clearly lackluster.
tbh it doesn't matter if fives sacrifices or not when SLKR would use his full kit....

Replies

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Most of the community already know that Kylos ai is not using any aoe (including the ultimate) when the other team has CT-5555 Fives in it. I can see that it was hard coded to not use aoe against fives but eventually this ai behaviour hinders SLKR defense viability in arena/ TW and GAC immensly.
    and please don't respond with: just don't use sith trooper... that there are work arounds doesn't make it better as his ai is clearly lackluster.
    tbh it doesn't matter if fives sacrifices or not when SLKR would use his full kit....

Fives sacrifice probably won't matter when slkr has his ultimate but I can say first hand that if you trigger it against a maxed out gas and don't have his ultimate. You can definitely lose. Clones have a million shots, hit like a brick and you have to knock down gas again and again and eventually they wittle down your squad. To be honest I prefer keeping it the way it is and just not use sith trooper.
    I've beaten ult reys (mixed with wat, jkr, gas, gk Etc.) with kylo, hux, foo, kru, fost (or malak). Don't need sith trooper at all. So just don't put him in
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. Always save offence anyway, he's never going to be a wall in gac or tw. He can be whittled down.
  • Options

He was coded not to trigger Fives' sacrifice...seems like it's working as intended.
  • Options
    Why do players put faith in the AI?

Let CG focus on real content.

No one makes you place SLKR on defense or auto your battles. I could make a long list of stupid things the AI does that are much larger then niche scenarios like this.
  • Options
    It is working as intended. Might not be to your liking, but it is supposed to work like that.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Options
    It is working as intended. Might not be to your liking, but it is supposed to work like that.

It made sense before people discovered a way to exploit it. It will be interesting to see if the way they want it to operate changes now. Common sense would say they would test it multiple ways after the buffs and see if it makes sense to adjust the AI behavior. But yeah, who knows there...
  • Options

Translation: I just want to use my wallet, not my brain, please don't allow any non GL counters CG!
  • Options

It made sense before people discovered a way to exploit it. It will be interesting to see if the way they want it to operate changes now. Common sense would say they would test it multiple ways after the buffs and see if it makes sense to adjust the AI behavior. But yeah, who knows there...

..people discover many ways to exploit weaknesses / ai in battles. If we're going to adjust the coding to be smarter while placed on defense... we need to make sure to adjust Daka so she doesn't try to revive someone who's been perma killed, make sure ai doesn't use healing abilities either when others have healing immunity, and while we're at it, please make sure ai doesn't use specials on someone with damage immunity.

See what I did there? Love your channel btw ;)
  • Options
    they frankly shouldn't program any squad's AI to cover every possible scenario, the whole reason counterplay even works is because it's a human making decisions against dumb AI. That is universal. The moment you make AI that never misplays, is the moment you kill PVP relegating it to whoever spent more money and had better luck on mods wins.
  • Options
    Starl0rd wrote: »

..people discover many ways to exploit weaknesses / ai in battles. If we're going to adjust the coding to be smarter while placed on defense... we need to make sure to adjust Daka so she doesn't try to revive someone who's been perma killed, make sure ai doesn't use healing abilities either when others have healing immunity, and while we're at it, please make sure ai doesn't use specials on someone with damage immunity.

See what I did there? Love your channel btw ;)

Agreed, but CG has established that they only care how the AI performs on their new shiny toys. They only relatively recently started hard coding attack patterns into the defense. Given I don’t have Kylo plus I have videos up that are doing well on how to exploit this AI behavior I hope they don’t change it. But if I was a betting I’d put money on a “fix”.
  • Options

[...]It made sense before people discovered a way to exploit it.[...]
    Why do you call a legitimate theory crafting counter an "exploit"? The 2v5 issue deserved that term, but this one doesn't.
  • Options
    I guess slow padme counter to Darth Revan is an exploit since it relies on DR using insanity on Padme as his first move.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »

[...]It made sense before people discovered a way to exploit it.[...]
    Why do you call a legitimate theory crafting counter an "exploit"? The 2v5 issue deserved that term, but this one doesn't.

Bulldog is correctly using the word exploit - meaning to “take full advantage.” This type of squad is not “an exploit” (meaning the gaming term for gaining an unfair advantage).

The GAS squad leaned heavily on poor AI decisions - enemy AI would always go for a weak trooper and trigger Fives’ sacrifice. It’s part of life. I expect they’ll tweak SLKr AI to reassess the 501 threat level based on the number of clones.
  • Options
    SLKR got an ai behavior that can very easily abused... nothing more, nothing less. Rey users can also cheese that team by using fives in the team which is lowering SLKR Defense viability for arena drastically.
    Comparing SLKR's ai with poorly performing ai in other parts of the game don't make much sense. GAS vs GAS always was and is rng who the clones target down. that is not the case for SLKR because it is hard coded for him to not use aoe and Ult, which results in all teams involving Fives being a 100% safe counter.
    tbh I expect a fix for that issue as it already gets abused in my arena.... not even talking about GAC or TW
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    SLKR got an ai behavior that can very easily abused... nothing more, nothing less. Rey users can also cheese that team by using fives in the team which is lowering SLKR Defense viability for arena drastically.
    Comparing SLKR's ai with poorly performing ai in other parts of the game don't make much sense. GAS vs GAS always was and is rng who the clones target down. that is not the case for SLKR because it is hard coded for him to not use aoe and Ult, which results in all teams involving Fives being a 100% safe counter.
    tbh I expect a fix for that issue as it already gets abused in my arena.... not even talking about GAC or TW

If they change it so slkr hits other clones or uses his siphon which will kill other clones which will trigger fives sacrifice, gas will have a good chance to take down slkr. Try it yourself and see how it goes. There's no point changing his ai if it's only going to make things worse. Where you could just follow advice and not place sith trooper on that team. He adds nothing anyway. The team just revolves around slkr taking out everyone so just put in fost
  • Mayhem
    28 posts Member
    Options

You can take GAC and TW out of your point, I’d actually argue it increases his Defense viability in those two modes as you have to breakup GAS 501st clones, which decreases what you can use that squad on. So you can set one meta on D of one FO faction that if you want to cheese requires characters from two metas
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    Bouhouhou my slkr is not invincible bouhouhou

It can have one non gl counter. It is not working as intended bouhouhou.

It is not like gas mirror match where you win because ai triggers sacrifice.

And rey is better she cant be defeated on auto by slkr. She doesnt have tons of counter (drevan, jkr, etc...)

Lol
  • Options
    Saada wrote: »

If they change it so slkr hits other clones or uses his siphon which will kill other clones which will trigger fives sacrifice, gas will have a good chance to take down slkr. Try it yourself and see how it goes. There's no point changing his ai if it's only going to make things worse. Where you could just follow advice and not place sith trooper on that team. He adds nothing anyway. The team just revolves around slkr taking out everyone so just put in fost

Nah what these entitled SLK owners want is AI that never misplays and plays on defense like a human controlling the characters.
    They want 0 non GL counters to their squad, they spent money so they feel entitled to just plop their squad on defense and win every time.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Malevolan wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »

Nah what these entitled SLK owners want is AI that never misplays and plays on defense like a human controlling the characters.
    They want 0 non GL counters to their squad, they spent money so they feel entitled to just plop their squad on defense and win every time.

I have an slkr so don't dump me in with those others lol I'm happy with my investment :-) so should rey owners. To beat either you need to split up many squads and if that's what's needed to beat them then these GL's are definitely doing their job
  • Draice
    32 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    If it's an arena issue, you can still easily take position before payout. You still get your crystals. It just takes 3 or 4 battles to get there instead of 1 or 2.
    The team beating you can climb, and that is it, anyone can beat it if left on defense.
    If it's not an arena issue I am not sure what the problem is. His team was never really meant to be a defensive powerhouse. GAC and TW save it for offense. Raids? Nope, you are still soloing ALL the raids with him. TB? He's still worth 4 waves every phase. Should there really be a team that is unbeatable in every aspect of the game?
  • AaylaSecura11
    7 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    lol @ the comments that just render the topic as whining from whales=). Kylo is great everywhere but having him this stupid against Fives on defense is just not needed. Before the fix it was bad enough to fight GAS but once SLKR got the ult Gas can't do anything against him.... and then they buffed him. Gas is dead against ult kylo. regardless of the ai. the issue is that the same ai against padme or rey with fives is worse than the regular random ai.
    so why should kylo have a ai handicap which all other units don't have?

I don't expect him to be unbeatable by non GL. DR can still deal with kylo but it requires skill to defeat SLKR unlike the padme team.
  • Options
    lol @ the comments that just render the topic as whining from whales=). Kylo is great everywhere but having him this stupid against Fives on defense is just not needed. Before the fix it was bad enough to fight GAS but once SLKR got the ult Gas can't do anything against him.... and then they buffed him. Gas is dead against ult kylo. regardless of the ai. the issue is that the same ai against padme or rey with fives is worse than the regular random ai.

I don't expect him to be unbeatable by non GL. DR can still deal with kylo but it requires skill to defeat SLKR unlike the padme team.

They all do have an AI handicap, they are exploitable by getting them to trigger the fives sacrifice and supercharge the clones.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

The AI is dumb on purpose. If the AI was not dumb, it would be too hard to win on offense, which is not what CG wants.

You can say SLKR AI is not WAI, but everyone knows that it is, because CG coded it very specifically to do exactly what it does. You may not like it, and they may change it, but it is both WAD and WAI. And honestly, it doesn't even matter that much. If you don't want your defense to be cheesed then don't leave FOSiT in and it stops all the non-GL versions of the counter.
  • Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

As was said previous, every team has an AI handicap in the way they function. AI uses specials abilities on those with damage immunity...AI will heal when everyone has healing immunity...AI will use Annihilate abilities on NS Zombie or another wasted target...etc. etc. etc.

Rey continuously uses Lifeblood, until she has no health, against nonsense trash...so you can then enter with your team and dispose. Is this also working as intended? @Bulldog1205 too

• Options
    So, I'm going to assume that all those in favor of keeping slkr the way he is, dosen't have slkr. This isn't darth revan, jedi knight revan or ga$, this is a galactic "legend". Which to means that they shouldn't be taken down by an AI script that depicts them as ****. All the time, resources for gear an relic material needed just to get these toons is insane. So, after all the work, time and money it takes to get one of them, you would think they wouldn't be taken down by this **** AI programming. To have this guy and be limited to only using for offense is ridiculous to me. I don't mind the counters, use some myself, but, this has taken it a bit to far. There is absolutely 0% chance to stand against this counter and that is absurd to say the least. May as well use CUP if thats the case. Just my opinion, not that it matters and care not of you have a negative comment in response. You don't matter, so, its not gonna hurt my poor little feelings.
  • Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Shanara68 wrote: »
    So, I'm going to assume that all those in favor of keeping slkr the way he is, dosen't have slkr. This isn't darth revan, jedi knight revan or ga$, this is a galactic "legend". Which to means that they shouldn't be taken down by an AI script that depicts them as ****. All the time, resources for gear an relic material needed just to get these toons is insane. So, after all the work, time and money it takes to get one of them, you would think they wouldn't be taken down by this **** AI programming. To have this guy and be limited to only using for offense is ridiculous to me. I don't mind the counters, use some myself, but, this has taken it a bit to far. There is absolutely 0% chance to stand against this counter and that is absurd to say the least. May as well use CUP if thats the case. Just my opinion, not that it matters and care not of you have a negative comment in response. You don't matter, so, its not gonna hurt my poor little feelings.

I have Rey, but close to SLKR. In my shard, my Rey easily drops to top 15, among all the other Rey's that drop. SLKR? We have 3 and all 3 stay in top 10 easily, if they drop at all. This is not quite the problem that many are making it out to be.

...And thanks for pointing out how others don't matter, you can be sure the feeling's mutual.
  • Options

As was said previous, every team has an AI handicap in the way they function. AI uses specials abilities on those with damage immunity...AI will heal when everyone has healing immunity...AI will use Annihilate abilities on NS Zombie or another wasted target...etc. etc. etc.

Rey continuously uses Lifeblood, until she has no health, against nonsense trash...so you can then enter with your team and dispose. Is this also working as intended? @Bulldog1205 too

Ultimately CG can do whatever they want in either case, so it doesn’t matter, but there is a big difference between the two and why I think one gets changed but not the other. The “Suicide squad” vs Rey exploits her normal behavior. The Padme/Fives team exploits abnormal behavior that was put in place to stop that specific character.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Ultimately CG can do whatever they want in either case, so it doesn’t matter, but there is a big difference between the two and why I think one gets changed but not the other. The “Suicide squad” vs Rey exploits her normal behavior. The Padme/Fives team exploits abnormal behavior that was put in place to stop that specific character.

Why is the behavior you don't like considered 'abnormal'? It's been there the entire time.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Why is the behavior you don't like considered 'abnormal'? It's been there the entire time.

I acknowledge what you're saying and your point, and I agree to an extent. However, normalizing Rey's weak AI that continuously uses Lifeblood over and over and over, instead of finishing a gear 4 opponent with 200 hp, is rather silly, and horrible coding. Just as it's silly to have SLKR basic attack 5's to not trigger his Sacrifice ability, over and over. Whether you have SLKR or not, or Rey or not, both actions represent bad AI. To add to this, as I said above...on my arena shard, we have about 12 Rey's, and 3 SLKR's. Mine and others' Reys will drop but stay in top 20. SLKR? ...easily stands in top 10. This issue of 5's is being completely exaggerated.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Shanara68 wrote: »

I have Rey, but close to SLKR. In my shard, my Rey easily drops to top 15, among all the other Rey's that drop. SLKR? We have 3 and all 3 stay in top 10 easily, if they drop at all. This is not quite the problem that many are making it out to be.

...And thanks for pointing out how others don't matter, you can be sure the feeling's mutual.

"easily drops to top 15"

must be nice to be on that shard.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH