When to switch from a Dooku lead to Nute lead

So from what I can see Nute lead is better than Dooku the further into the game you get, I'm currently level 50 and have just unlocked Nute for my seppy team. Dooku's lead is good for me at the moment as I'm still facing teams with no real synergy in arena and the healing immunity is nice but Nutes lead could also do a job.

When is usually the best time to switch the lead to Nute? Should I be using him now as I've just unlocked him or should I still hang on for a little bit with the Dookster

TY MTFBWY

Replies

• Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Nute works really well if you have nest or a really good tank to stealth behind..

I realise your early game, but nute lead, dooku, nest, magna guard and jango works well. Aim would be to get wat tambor and drop one of magna or nest and then go wild..

It’s a decent squad, but more suited to gac defense rather than arena..
    @GalacticCrab
  • Options
    Yeah I've seen thats a good team to go with but I'm way off that, I can't even put my squad at G7 yet because I'm only level 50 and haven't even unlocked ships so I'm a million miles off nest and especially wat haha. Im using this team in arena (as thats pretty much all I have access to) and will hopefully get padme as my first legendary but again thats some distance away at the minute.

I was mostly looking to see when the best time to switch over to a nute lead would be during early game or if its best to just wait until I'm a higher level to make the switch
  • Options
    Once you max out nute's leadership ability. Then it will be ten times better. It's an omega.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ^ what @ir21tiny said..
    @GalacticCrab
    Dooku is like phasma, great for early game, but drops off a cliff in arena mid to late..

My advice, farm what you can now and then switch when you start being unable to hold your arena rank.. but 85 is where you should be thinking about.

Do you have a gg account? Or add me in game and I’ll have a look for you..
    897-311-786
  • JohnLove11
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Post edited by JohnLove11 on
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    ^ what @ir21tiny said..
    @GalacticCrab
    Dooku is like phasma, great for early game, but drops off a cliff in arena mid to late..

My advice, farm what you can now and then switch when you start being unable to hold your arena rank.. but 85 is where you should be thinking about.

Do you have a gg account? Or add me in game and I’ll have a look for you..
    897-311-786

Cool thanks, added you!
  • Options
    Well I tried them both out in before level 85 accounts, so here's a summary:
    Dooku:
    Separatist allies have +35% Counter Chance
    Separatist allies gain 50% tenacity the first time they are stunned or dazed
    Whenever an enemy falls below 100% health, they inflict healing immunity and tenacity down on themselves for 2 turns, which cannot be evaded or resisted.
    Omega: Add all separatist allies gain 10% offense whenever an enemy falls below 100% health (stacking, max 50%)
    Nute:
    Separatist allies have +15% speed and potency for each enemy with extortion.
    Enemies who end their turns with extortion dispel their own buffs.
    Omega: Enemies who end their turns with extortion grants extortion to another random enemy without extortion.
    Short version: Dooku is better in early game, and Nute's better once you give him the omega.
    Dooku lead explained:
    The most important thing in the whole lead is the healing immunity. When you're still in level 60 or below, most teams you encounter are bound to have a healer or two, and healing immunity messes them up so completely. The mass counter chance is also great, and I don't think I'll need to explain that. As for the tenacity, keep in mind that it has to be triggered; but when it's up and running, it pretty much means debuff immunity, as nobody has good potency mods before level 60. The omega is good, but not that great when compared to others. All this point towards the fact that Dooku has one of the very best leads in early game. Now why does it fall in viability when you reach higher levels? One of the main factors is that you get protection when your toons reach gear 7, and when you gear them up further protection would become roughly equal to health. This means that you won't be getting the healing immunity and the tenacity down at the start of the battle, which already halved Dooku's efficiency. Also, the 50% bonus tenacity would no longer be as useful, as good potency mods can easily reach 100% above.
    Nute lead explained:
    Nute lead revolves around the extortion mechanic. (make sure to also read his unique, Viceroy's Reach) Extortion by itself reduces enemy offense and speed by 30%, which by itself is powerful enough. Not to mention that Nute can easily get all enemies to have extortion when the lead has the omega (OMEGA IS IMPORTANT!!!). This brings 75% speed and potency to your whole team, which is so so so incredible, especially in end game where every single point of speed counts. The auto dispel also helps. But still, the point with Nute lead is to get extortion spreading like wildfire; hence the omega.
    Does this help, or does it confuse you even more? :wink: