Luke’s Journey

Prev1
Jpfit262
545 posts Member
edited June 2020
Please give us the next chapters to Luke’s journey. That was such a great event. Make the characters require relics and make it difficult. But everyone should have a chance to get Luke without spending insane amounts of money.

Possible characters that could carry the story:
CLS
Han
Chewbacca
Hyoda
Lando
C3PO
R2D2
leia? (Shes last due for a rework or new one)
Hoth leia
Hoth Han
Hoth troopers (2)
Wampa
Lobot

Possible fleet:
Ackbar
Wedge
Biggs

Replies

• Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    Why does everyone should have a chance to get him without spending thousand of bucks ?

If we keep going on the same road than last year do you really think it can happen ?

And if it is, do you want this Luke to be that bad and stay on the bench like the mandalorian team ?

If you want the character to be powerful well even just useful it needs to cost money from CG point of view.

Pathetic but this is how CG politic works and I am sad with it
  • Options
    You are forgetting ROLO and CHOLO.
  • Options
    Another character we don’t need for anything. We can’t even use him but lightside TB.
    Give us content not a useless character with the appearance of a comic toon a 10 year old has drawn.
    Another sad day on the holotable :'(
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Hero's journey characters require:
    - 5 characters of the faction the character to unlock belongs to
    - the previous version of the new character
    - the other 4 characters were correlated with the new character and part of his/her journey prior to the time that the new unlocked character represents (see Vet Han required for JTR when he was alrdy dead after TFA)

So IF jedi Luke would be a hero's journey character we'd need ESB characters:
    - CLS (previous character version)
    - Captain Han
    - ROLO
    Those 3 would be pretty much guaranteed requirements (CHS and ROLO are even garbage characters that no one geared up so it's a Vets 2.0 scenario). Other candidates are:
    - R2D2
    - C3PO
    - Legendary Chewbacca
    - Lando
    - Old Ben
    - Lobot
    - Hoth rebel soldier/scout
    - new character(s)
    Hoth soldier/scout would be a scummy move but I can't see them making 2 generic characters being a requirement for a hero's journey char. R2D2 would make 100% sense as he was with Luke the entire time. OB is unlikely as he just had very brief appearances. Lobot for the scummy move but doesn't make sense as he had nothing to do with Luke. C3PO, Chewie and Lando are all high possibilities. I don't think Hermit Yoda would be required as he doesn't belong to the rebel faction.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Damon_Skye
    82 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I agree that this feels like 2nd part of heroic journey and CLS, Cap Han, ROLO make sense to be needed.

With this being Luke’s journey, R2 and Hermit Yoda would round off the team. For the Dagobah segments I would be surprised if they weren’t needed, but just my opinion there.

I wonder if they will do it slightly differently and require a few more characters to get this key toon? That’s when Lando / Lobot / Hoth soldier & scout could come into play.
  • Options
    You realize they’re going to release at least 1, possibly more, new characters before Jedi Luke’s event. And that character is going to be garbage and R7 requirement 25k GP min to participate. We’re talking about 2020 CG here.
  • Options
    Yep, thought had crossed my mind, but trying to think what character would that be from ESB that Luke would have any dealings with? Only Ghost Kenobi & Dak from his snowspeeder?

Bit of a loners film for him unless they do it a little different and switch to the Han group for a level and release a Bespin Leia? Pretty sure we don’t need another Han! Ha ha!
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    - the other 4 characters were correlated with the new character and part of his/her journey prior to the time that the new unlocked character represents (see Vet Han required for JTR when he was alrdy dead after TFA)

- Captain Han
    - ROLO
    Those 3 would be pretty much guaranteed requirements (CHS and ROLO are even garbage characters that no one geared up so it's a Vets 2.0 scenario). Other candidates are:
    - R2D2
    - C3PO
    - Legendary Chewbacca
    - Lando
    - Old Ben
    - Lobot
    - new character(s)
    Hoth soldier/scout would be a scummy move but I can't see them making 2 generic characters being a requirement for a hero's journey char. R2D2 would make 100% sense as he was with Luke the entire time. OB is unlikely as he just had very brief appearances. Lobot for the scummy move but doesn't make sense as he had nothing to do with Luke. C3PO, Chewie and Lando are all high possibilities. I don't think Hermit Yoda would be required as he doesn't belong to the rebel faction.

But dagobah was clearly shown in the trailer and hoda is crucial in luke's path to becoming a jedi.
    I wouldn't rule him out just yet.
  • Options

- Captain Han
    - ROLO
    - R2D2
    - C3PO
    - Legendary Chewbacca
    - Lando
    - Old Ben
    - Lobot
    - new character(s)

HY makes complete sense, it is Jedi Luke not Rebel Luke. Still if they make this a Hero’s journey I see them requiring different toons per round to go through whole movie. Thinking they combine HJ with GL format.

CLS, ROLO, CHS and the Hoth twins
    CLS and HY face Event Vader
    Lando, Lobot, Leia, Chewy must escape Bounty Hunters
    CLS faces Event Vader (Cloud City Vader)

CG’s goal will be to make you level as many toons as possible to be able to get this done. Expect this to be a Relic 5 or better requirement.
  • Options
    A Raid reward is unlikely unless they delve into RoTJ
  • Options

We've already got a rotj raid
  • Options

Yeah and if JKL is a Raid reward we would likely have a second one for the Emperor’s Throne Room but seeing as this is the 40th for ESB it’s unlikely that they would push RotJ this month. Unlikely not impossible.....
  • Options

Yeah and if JKL is a Raid reward we would likely have a second one for the Emperor’s Throne Room but seeing as this is the 40th for ESB it’s unlikely that they would push RotJ this month. Unlikely not impossible.....

I doubt raid reward, they've already told us that's on hold.
    I don't think it's meant as rotj content
    The heroes journey for cls unlucks a version from empire but the event itself is undoubtedly a celebration of a new hope
  • Options
    My money is on heroes Journey for Luke, and new content could finally be the death star raid where we get some use out of him and the new ships
  • Options

The heroes journey for cls unlucks a version from empire but the event itself is undoubtedly a celebration of a new hope

That’s why I mentioned a HJ above and argued against the raid reward. From my above post

HY makes complete sense, it is Jedi Luke not Rebel Luke. Still if they make this a Hero’s journey I see them requiring different toons per round to go through whole movie. Thinking they combine HJ with GL format.

CG’s goal will be to make you level as many toons as possible to be able to get this done. Expect this to be a Relic 5 or better requirement.
  • Options

That’s why I mentioned a HJ above and argued against the raid reward. From my above post

I'm not sure about the hoth twins if it is a journey, if its a gl or ec then definitely but we've only had named characters in journeys
    I didn't say anything against needing hoda, I'd be upset if it didn't require him, I took him to G13 for a reason
    I'm probably being naive but I'd rather be optimistic until I have a solid reason not to be
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Don't forget Willrow Hood.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    Please give us the next chapters to Luke’s journey. That was such a great event. Make the characters require relics and make it difficult. But everyone should have a chance to get Luke without spending insane amounts of money.

Possible characters that could carry the story:
    CLS
    Han
    Chewbacca
    Hyoda
    Lando
    C3PO
    R2D2
    leia? (Shes last due for a rework or new one)
    Hoth leia
    Hoth Han
    Hoth troopers (2)
    Wampa
    Lobot

Possible fleet:
    Ackbar
    Wedge
    Biggs

less requirements please unless you want to gear 13 6 dot mod relic 7 all of those characters.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

- Captain Han
    - ROLO
    - R2D2
    - C3PO
    - Legendary Chewbacca
    - Lando
    - Old Ben
    - Lobot
    - new character(s)

There's no faction requirement on Hero's Journies. The Vets weren't Resistance for RJT, and DR required both OR and SE characters.

Edit: Also, the Revans kinda did away with the "previous version" requirement too.
  • Options

Maybe JKL will be able to solo the Pit Raid!
  • dogwelder79
    1501 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Do we know it will be a Journey, or is it just speculation?
    GL seems unlikely, because we'd need another one. But how do we know it won't be an Epic confrontation (like Malak and GAS)?
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    Do we know it will be a Journey, or is it just speculation?
    GL seems unlikely, because we'd need another one. But how do we know it won't be an Epic confrontation (like Malak and GAS)?

Speculation.

It also can be a new PvE gamemode. They are working on one so...
  • Stalbot
    131 posts Member
    Options
    Lol everyone is forgetting ugnaught .
    R7 thugnaught here we go
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options
    D4rthV4der wrote: »
    Another character we don’t need for anything. We can’t even use him but lightside TB.
    Give us content not a useless character with the appearance of a comic toon a 10 year old has drawn.
    Another sad day on the holotable :'(

Another constant complainer.
  • Options
    Hope it’s Legendary. I’d gladly gear up 13 toons to collect Jedi Luke and bounce out of this game.
  • Options
    They could do some kind of battle on Hoth, which could include Wampa and IPD. Need CHOLO and ROLO at least for those. And another stage to represent when Vader attacked the planet, both the onslaught against the shield generator and the taking of the base. That would let them include a lot of the Empire characters as enemies. Could be really fun if they did it right.
  • Options
    CLS is already Luke from the second half of ESB. After he's already trained with yoda, but before losing his hand to vader.
    So some besbin action seems right, but then moving into ROTJ.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    0dysseusK wrote: »

Maybe JKL will be able to solo the Pit Raid!

Hate to break it to you but CLS can already solo the pit raid with the right speed / potency.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ