Who farms for fun?

Prev1
Granted, to be competitive in GW you have to be smart and farm the Current meta monsters, but does anyone just farm for fun?

I "casually" unlocked Dooku today while farming Jedi to 7* because I got bored with doing the same thing over and over again. So I'm excited I finally have my 3*, level 1 Dooku! A project for the future. Also geared up GS, but it's still a 2*. Another future project.

I REALLY want a smugglers squad!

It's like collecting cards for MTG . A lot of fun!

Replies

• Options
    Dooku is a monster. Invest your time into him. Once you unlock his cantina node, I think he should be your priority
  • Options
    His priority is Fun, not Dooku, more people should have that priority, just do things in game that you like, I also like to farm chars gives me gratification when I eventually unlock one.
  • Options
    You know, Master Gibs, I was debating that. I just got mace to 6 and I'm 75 shards away from 7. But I noticed that you pull better loot and higher cantina points when you farm for Dooku. Should I abandon mace for now? Cantina farming can go pretty quick, so I'm leaning towards "dookuing"
  • Options
    I like Dooku , but I'm so invested with farming my Jedi that I think I'll hold off until I'm set there. I know they get pummeled in arena; I'll just use different guys.

Yes, priority is fun. But make no mistake I can waffle from time to time on who to farm.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I use lower team compositions when farming to try them out, and yes, I find it fun to do with refreshes so I can play more.
  • Options
    I used to farm and level up characters for fun... But then I started running out of credits
  • Options
    I know re: running out of credits. I went from a surplus to zero just like that.

Good input. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I try to farm for fun, however the way this game is structured, you have to be able to compete, that's why I'm not found of the level cap increase, as it means a month+ where everything evolves staying able to stay competitive, and not getting shards for/upgrading toons, that you think could be fun to play with
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I have played for fun from the beginning, I DO invest a few pounds into the game every week but I do it because I want to. I have developed slowly because I invested in toons that aren't necessarily designed to win matches. I am at level 70 now and I probably have a dozen tons at 70 but not all maxed by any means. I only recently won my first GW and now I've won three on the spin. I seem to have stumbled on a team that appears to do well for me and I've risen in the Arena on my server from the mid 250s to 85th and I think I'll still climb from there. I love seeing players who play the game with the enthusiasm I do!
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    yep. i'm farming magmatrooper! so many flipping purple mats though!
  • Options
    Me, sometimes. That;s how I got 7* Chewie and ST Han. Some characters that make me fun are in current meta, like my favourite one of all times - QGJ. Along with Chewie and Han that I've already got. But I need to stick to meta in order to progress and be able to get other characters I like.
  • Options
    I know re: running out of credits. I went from a surplus to zero just like that.

Have 1.6 mill and still saving. Have 3 Jedi approaching 7 this month and its going empty my bank account when it happens. But the gratification will be worth it when I finally get Yoda to 7.

Got a lot of characters to gear 8 but gear 9 is so discouraging to look at with all the 50 spots combined with the 20s. Hope the new cap level makes them more accessible.
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    Options
    I farm for fun. I like the collecting aspect of the game. As well as the squad building/gearing/battling.

It definitely makes you run out of resources quite fast, but it's made my roster super deep with a lot of options!
  • Options

Have 1.6 mill and still saving. Have 3 Jedi approaching 7 this month and its going empty my bank account when it happens. But the gratification will be worth it when I finally get Yoda to 7.

Got a lot of characters to gear 8 but gear 9 is so discouraging to look at with all the 50 spots combined with the 20s. Hope the new cap level makes them more accessible.

Completely in the same boat. Yes, I'm excited about having Yoda as well!

• Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    I try to farm for fun, however the way this game is structured, you have to be able to compete, that's why I'm not found of the level cap increase, as it means a month+ where everything evolves staying able to stay competitive, and not getting shards for/upgrading toons, that you think could be fun to play with

I was finding the same thing. I found my anxiety catching up with me as I watched my area team go fluuuuush, lol.

What made it easy for me was that I was SO low level on my other inlocked Guys ( GS, Poe, etc) that I just threw myself in my sword and said ," screw it...I'm going Jedi "

So my decision was made for me...by my own hand, lol!

• Options
    Congrats, Carth. Sometimes I need to remember just to have fun with the game and not be so competitive. Sounds like you've got it figured out.
  • Options
    Dooku is a monster. Invest your time into him. Once you unlock his cantina node, I think he should be your priority

@JediMasterGibs

"Do you fear death Mr Gibbs?"
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    I started out and continue to farm for fun until the meta, top 5 push me to farm for not fun (qgj).
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    I have a all jedi team and they do really well in arena believe it or not.
    I also have level 1 Dooku, Tarkin, and Magma trooper my dark side team is really weak right know but I have to much fun going against the meta with my all jedi squad.
    Currently I run
    QGJ (L)
    Luminara
    Old Ben
    Yoda
    Eeth Koth
    But Im farming Anakin, Rey, Ima Gun Di, and Ahsoka.
    Really I just want to have the pleasure of unlocking all the Jedi also leveling them and gearing them(Kit and Aayla right now cant be done) the only Jedi I don't want is JKG she sucks.
    Also just for future fun and the heck of it I have RP 82/25 and Asajj 80/50 just sitting there waiting to be activated. I have enough to level anyone from 1 to 70 and matts to get them up to date but Im just hoarding right know till i get Anakin who is 67/80 and Rey who is 65/80( I probably will save rey as a Future proyect)
  • Options
    At first when I started the game I started farming Rey for fun and then I stopped... She was at like 15/80 when I finally realized how good she was I went back to farming Her... Still haven't unlocked her yet. 77/80 and I went 2/18 on nodes today so... Discouraging to say the least. But she is very much for me as a fun character to say I have Rey cause she's one of my favorites ! :smile:
  • Zephon
    122 posts Member
    Options
    I'm farming for fun -- that's why I have an Anakin at 4* and gear lvl 8 that sees use only in suicide squads in GW. Working on Savage Opress to get him to gear lvl 7 and maybe even to 5* (20/65 so far). The best so far seems to be Kylo.

After I 7* Kylo (just halfway there) I'm bound to swap his farming allocation for Dooku and Phasma's GW allocation to farming Poogle.

There's nothing I can do about gear though. I'll admit that I'd rather be farming shards rather than gear.
  • Options
    My farming is sort of for fun. I don't care about being competitive in Arena, I farm for characters I like. At the moment though my top LS want is Yoda so I've had to do some heavy Jedi farming for him and with three 5* Jedi so far I still have a lot of work to do there.
  • Options
    Of course it's for fun. That's why I'm working on 7* Talia while sitting on level 1 Rey and Kylo hehe
  • Gej15
    39 posts Member
    Options
    I farm for fun. I have 3 characters at 7*, after that I have about 12 characters at 5*. All of those characters are at lvl 70. The best part of this is in GW I can really play the match ups. Have Sid and Vadar on your team, I have Ackbar. Full Jedi team, I have dooku and Sid. And I like to pull out yoda whenever I see Kylo.
  • Options
    I'm working on Kylo now and I only need 3 more sards, 25 mins to go.
  • Options
    Foomerang wrote: »
    Of course it's for fun. That's why I'm working on 7* Talia while sitting on level 1 Rey and Kylo hehe

Lol! Nice! I know your struggle!

• Options
    bngman wrote: »
    yep. i'm farming magmatrooper! so many flipping purple mats though!

Man, I'd love to hear how he does maxed out. I've seen a lot of people make a run to level him up, so t'would been nice to him as a nasty empire attacker.

• Options
    The purpose of the game is enjoyment, but it seems like a very small percentage of players actually realise this.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I'm working on Kylo now and I only need 3 more sards, 25 mins to go.

Even though he has no leadership ability, I love him and hate him at the same time.

...I hate him when I face him