was the road ahead planned for last Friday??

Prev1
VaderB1
146 posts Member
edited June 2020
Just curious, thats what you said.

Replies

• Mupper00
    124 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Maybe it’s not been released as they couldn’t upload it , all there tech got looted during the protests?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They were trying to plan it that way, but didnt clear approvals in time.

The goal was to have the puzzle and RA go out on Friday.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Fingers crossed we get the RA on Monday with more information on Jedi Knight Luke!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Fingers crossed we get the RA on Monday with more information on Jedi Knight Luke!

Not sure if they are the same post, but kind of sound slike it will be all together.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Not sure if they are the same post, but kind of sound slike it will be all together.

I am sincerly hoping so. Don't think I can deploy my way though another LS Geo TB.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    VaderB1 wrote: »

I am sincerly hoping so. Don't think I can deploy my way though another LS Geo TB.

Unfortunately I don't think JKL or the RA are going to change that.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Unfortunately I don't think JKL or the RA are going to change that.

True enough, but something ANYTHING to be hopeful for other than a cash grab JKL, might make it a little more palatable.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

It makes sense that they would be released together...it was a mistake to let JKL sit over the weekend and let the "END IS NEAR" thoughts to roam freely. It just proves that the upper level is totally disconnected and a hindrance.

Since they know the end is not near, it seems that is more of an issue at this level and not the upper one.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

It makes sense that they would be released together...it was a mistake to let JKL sit over the weekend and let the "END IS NEAR" thoughts to roam freely. It just proves that the upper level is totally disconnected and a hindrance.

Since they know the end is not near, it seems that is more of an issue at this level and not the upper one.

Well to be honest we don't know thats the case, we need playable content, content that doesn't involve the same old same old game modes we have been playing for years.

The road ahead should provide some sort of concrete proof that something new is coming, especially after they announced that they shelved a new raid.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Lol at having to anticipate and appease the insane
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

End is near thoughts have been going on everyday regardless of what CG says or does
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    djl8a7zk2kwh.jpeg
  • Options
    It’s very reasonable to assume we are on the final run. Latest territory battles were reskins and unlike Hoth they didn’t rebalance LSTB when they got it wrong. Galactic Legends in no way appeared to have the same investment as legendary journeys or revans & Malaks. Many of the latest ships are also reskins.

This game’s our entertainment but it’s business for others. Why would you outlay a bunch of cash if it’s unlikely to get the return or is at significant additional risk compared to rolling out metas, Gear XIII et al.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Well to be honest we don't know thats the case, we need playable content, content that doesn't involve the same old same old game modes we have been playing for years.

The road ahead should provide some sort of concrete proof that something new is coming, especially after they announced that they shelved a new raid.

I didnt say we did, but I will now. We do know the end is not near.

But a raid would have been "same old same old" not new...... I'm so confused.... j/k.

Players will like it or not, there is not much they can do about trying to fight the "same old same old", "reskin", "X game did this", and what not. They already said they were working on something, not sure why saying it again is any more concrete this time.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

End is near thoughts have been going on everyday regardless of what CG says or does

True, but its been long established that JKL was "the end". To let that sit over the weekend was a bad move IMO. The fact that it wasnt designed that way, and only happened because it wasnt approved on time means that there was no rush on said approvals and the upper level isnt connected. This is a multi million dollar a month game, that has been around for 5 years...you would think that they would have the comm lines ironed out at this point.

jkl being the end has been long established? how so?
    Qru666 wrote: »
    It’s very reasonable to assume we are on the final run. Latest territory battles were reskins and unlike Hoth they didn’t rebalance LSTB when they got it wrong. Galactic Legends in no way appeared to have the same investment as legendary journeys or revans & Malaks. Many of the latest ships are also reskins.

This game’s our entertainment but it’s business for others. Why would you outlay a bunch of cash if it’s unlikely to get the return or is at significant additional risk compared to rolling out metas, Gear XIII et al.

new tb's are reskins? how should a new tb not be a reskin iyo?
    not sure what GL's not having the same investment means, you mean people aren't paying as much to get them? do you have some sort of data?
    and ships are reskins too? how should ships not be reskins? make them tauntans?
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

But a raid would have been "same old same old" not new...... I'm so confused.... j/k.

Players will like it or not, there is not much they can do about trying to fight the "same old same old", "reskin", "X game did this", and what not. They already said they were working on something, not sure why saying it again is any more concrete this time.

While the 4 round "us vs boss" format was rehashed 3 times over it was "new" content, the enemies were exciting and it took serious thought and team building to actually succeed.

There is no amount of theory crafting or strategy with regards to the territory battles and especially the LS Geo TB. EA tells us exactly what we have to use. The players would like the option to use more.

Even the last tiers on the assault battles can be beaten with odd ball well thought out squads, it isn't just get them to relic 7 and pray.

An without new playable content, EA can go on happily milking whales until the 4 horsemen show up, so yes as long as the whales will pay, EA can go on milking. For the majority of players though, and believe me that number is growing they want new "playable" content.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    JKL being the end has long been established by people who are either making it up or just repeating it without thought.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options

Also they can "say" anything" they want.

They SAID that a new raid was in development and then months later out of the blue tell us, "nope no raid, sorry".

I am hoping for some sort of visual proof that something is coming, because at this point making some vague comment about new playable content is more akin to Lucy pulling away the football. A raid was coming and then it wasn't.

Time to walk the walk, not talk the talk.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    JKL being the end has long been established by people who are either making it up or just repeating it without thought.

By “repeating it”, do you mean repeating what CG said?

When did CG say this?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

They SAID that a new raid was in development and then months later out of the blue tell us, "nope no raid, sorry".

I am hoping for some sort of visual proof that something is coming, because at this point making some vague comment about new playable content is more akin to Lucy pulling away the football. A raid was coming and then it wasn't.

Actually they said they put it on pause, not "no raid".

The RA is just talk, so as I said, they already said they are working on it, the next time they say it is still just talk.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

I'm sure you have a link.
  • Options
    I’d like to see it, also. Saw a link to the Podcast some claimed his comment was from so I listened, he didn’t say it then. If it was in a Q&A seriously, post it. Please. No sarcasm.

Tens of thousands of posts and you’re going to pretend you don’t remember the dev q&a where they clearly stated they felt luke would be the end?

Cool, I’ll track the link down and then help you read it.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Tens of thousands of posts and you’re going to pretend you don’t remember the dev q&a where they clearly stated they felt luke would be the end?

It was a pod cast not a QA.

And if I recall correctly the sentiment wasn't that the game would end, even though it was worded like that, the context was more of a "how do we get that right" and "where do we go from there" kind of thing...
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Thanks. I'll wait
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options

Actually they said they put it on pause, not "no raid".

The RA is just talk, so as I said, they already said they are working on it, the next time they say it is still just talk.

So yes sorry, it did say pause, but considering that we were hoping a new raid would be coming and we were 1st told about it months ago, to be told that development has been "paused", basically means no raid.