Sim pit raid counting for quests.

Mohrg
200 posts Member
Any chance we can make sim pit raids count for the quests? I joined a guild but the raids were at midnight so the pit was done before I woke up. As such now we sim it I cant complete the quest to do 4 pit raids: ir4aw6rc5sky.jpg
Otherwise I've got to convince my guild mates to run it 3 times just for me to do it, which isn't fair on them.

Replies

• flux_rono
    2122 posts Member
    Options
    Too expensive to fix, just like the TB quest issues. Or the connection errors, or still having button go missing, or just talking
  • Options
    No, the raid only needs to be run once not on sim mode for you to complete your quest.
    What you have to do is attack that one raid with 3 seperate teams (or as we advise in our guild - 3 single toons)
    If your guild is willing they could also let you get the Pit Fighter title for earning rank 1 in the Pit raid.
    I see no reason for your guildmates not to accommodate your request, it's never been an issue in my guild to switch to not simming when someone requests it.
  • Mohrg
    200 posts Member
    Options
    I've got the pit fighter title, I asked and they were happy to accommodate, I'm sure if I asked hey would be happy to, just feels like there would be quite a few people in this situation and a nice easy fix would be to count a sime as 1 run per guild member. Now code wise I have no idea (I'm only a product owner so I have coders to do the complicated stuff).
  • Options
    The quest says, "do 4 attempts", there is no mention on having to do damage, winning or anything like that.

The next time the raid is done manually, post a short message that you need the raid to run for at least 2-3 min without people fighting (probably not 100% needed, but just in case). Send in your weakest toon by itself, let it die and that is an attempt right there. Wash, rinse, repeat. Within 1 min, you can do your 3 needed attempts.

Now, if you think simming the Rancor raid and doing this quest is an issue, imagine what will happen IF/WHEN the Tank raid is simmed.

There are three separate quests that require a player to get a rank nine times. Do you want to be the player that has to ask management to run the Tank raid 9 times manually just for you? Please CG, don't do this! (An even longer version of the tank sim issue post is attached as a text file, if anybody cares to read it)
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    We run HPit on manual the last few times at the end of each month. This way the few people that need that quest or anyone that buys the bundle can work towards it. But then again our raid goes live at 3pm cst so that helps.
  • StarSon
    7456 posts Member
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Too expensive to fix, just like the TB quest issues. Or the connection errors, or still having button go missing, or just talking

There's nothing to fix. They did it on purpose, and were very upfront about that. If you want quest progression, don't sim.