Wait.. how is Jedi Luke not tagged a rebel, while CLS is?

Replies

• BPRDHB
    23 posts Member
    Options
    I basically agree with you. Since JKR, they've begun to box themselves into a corner.
  • Options
    It would have made more sense to limit JKR's lead to OR, bringing GMY back to GR, and make an OG faction with Rhan Chewy R2 and Hoda for Luke, or some variation. CLS can still lead a rebel team.

Rebel tag? What am I going to do with JKLS along with GLs, Padme, GG, Dr, JKR? TW and GAC defenses? Scroll through my characters with a look of pride and accomplishment? Geo TB? Play 2 mirror matches get bored and go enjoy life?

Pretty underwhelming.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Tafkae wrote: »
    Its probably a balancing reason, they probably don't want to just beef up the Rebels similar to how they don't want to just beef up Old Republic Jedi. They want Jedi Luke to have his own squad that takes away from fewer squads. Padme squads may suffer but due to the amount of galactic republic and jedi characters in game it leaves plenty of room for theory crafting
    In their recommended synergies, they suggest GK, GAS, and GMY, which pulls from 501st, Padme, and JKR squads. Their grand idea is to split up 3 great teams and shove everything under a squad that will, by their own design, be unable to counter GL’s. The only theory crafting to consider is whether to go for Rey or Kylo and leave JKL in the trash.

Or like I said, try theory crafting. Nobody is forcing you to take those toons away from their respective squads. There are a handful of non GL squads that can step up against GLs just fine

Do you suggest putting Luke on a Darth Revan team? Maybe add some Thrawn too... :D:D

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Bc jkl is a Jedi and cls isn’t?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

He’s also a rebel though. JK Luke was a Jedi AND a Rebel so....
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    The rebel tag makes more sense than a Jedi tag. Luke fought with the rebels, he just kinda learned to be a Jedi and didn’t know anyone besides Old Ben and Hermit Yoda.

Well technically he wasnt a jedi until he threw his saber down at palpatines feet.... and as vader kills palpatine... the rebllion wins.

So i suppose they are going with hes not a rebel because the rebels won and are no more???

But clearly thats not the case as the rebellion doesnt stop until they setup the new galactic senate. Lukes a teacher at that point
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

So Jedi can't be part of the Rebellion? You're losing me....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Guys, it's obvious CG is just gonna release a GL Luke just called "Luke" who will have Rebel synergy but no Jedi synergy.
  • BPRDHB
    23 posts Member
    Options
    But this is Luke at the end of ESB. He's still a rebel.
  • Options
    From a lore standpoint JKL is awful! Not a rebel?! His synergies are with jedi?! What is this crap? The puzzle was the rebel symbol for goodness sake! It's obvious CG doesn't care about the players in the least. I'm not going to quit yet, but I will give no more money to this game until a whole lot changes.
  • Options
    Nest only works well with Scoundrels too.
    Retort - yeah but Nest doesn't have all those toons to relic.
    My reply, make Nest as OP as JKL and I will happily start relic-ing ither toons for it.
  • Krashxxxx
    226 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Zax9999 wrote: »
    gufu21 wrote: »
    Zax9999 wrote: »
    botabu wrote: »
    Guess that goes along with "the last jedi" herself Rey not being tagged a Jedi..... unreal.
    Ya dude rebels are already a strong faction add him and they are gonna be top 3. He is actually incredibly well balanced and should be an Amazing audition to the game making you have to pick and chose what chars you put into which team

Well heaven forbid that the actual REBEL ALLIANCE, the victorious faction of the movies that started all of this, be allowed to be top 3.

Would you rather have a well balanced game or rebels beat everything

I would like a well balenced game. Do you know of one? Because this sure is NOT it ROFL
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Nikoms565 wrote: »

You think he was going to be a rebel Jedi? Seems unbalanced
  • Options
    Also, I missed the part where anyone "joined" the rebellion. Was there a sign up sheet? A secret handshake? Man I need to watch the movies again. I will look for that next time. Missed it the first 100 or so times.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options

You mean like Old Ben? Or Ezra? Or Kanan? In fact, if you go look, JKL and Hoda are the only 2 Jedi who don’t have another faction tag.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

You mean like Old Ben? Or Ezra? Or Kanan? In fact, if you go look, JKL and Hoda are the only 2 Jedi who don’t have another faction tag.

When was the last time you used any of those 3 in arena. They can make a weak toon and give it literally every tag in the game and it won't hurt anything.

When you introduce powerful toons, these balance issues are huge.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

When was the last time you used any of those 3 in arena. They can make a weak toon and give it literally every tag in the game and it won't hurt anything.

Firstly , you missed the point. The person I quoted said it would be unbalanced to give him a Rebel tag as if that never been done before. Balance can be adjusted and manipulated as they see fit. The mere fact of giving someone both tags doesn’t make the game unbalanced.

Secondly, I have used 2 of those three in arena, and did quite well. And I’ve seen the third used as well. They obviously weren’t meta, but there’s more to this game than arena meta teams.And they don’t hold up as well now, because of massive power creep.
  • Drewbee
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Why would you expect him to be a rebel?
    v1xdow1ve0xp.jpg
  • Options
    BPRDHB wrote: »
    But this is Luke at the end of ESB. He's still a rebel.

The CLS event is set during a new hope but the CLS character is from the empire strikes back.
  • Options
    Mr_White wrote: »
    It would have made more sense to limit JKR's lead to OR, bringing GMY back to GR,

There are only 4 OR jedi
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    I would like a well balenced game. Do you know of one? Because this sure is NOT it ROFL
    True. CG keep refusing to update older characters and instead just throwing one power creep after the next.

Now we have this unbalanced mess...

• Options
    botabu wrote: »
    Guess that goes along with "the last jedi" herself Rey not being tagged a Jedi..... unreal.

The title allows for multiple interpretations. Even more so since Jedi is both singular and plural (except in the German release, which was once again ruined by inept translators). Either Luke was the last Jedi and the order died with him, which I believe is what the director had in mind, or Rey is the last Jedi, or they both were/are.
  • Options

Old Ben is both a Jedi and a rebel.
  • Options
    Game play balancing....that's why

This made me literally laugh out loud. CG and balancing? That's a good one :D
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    I guess it’s because of CLS, Han Solo and Chewbacca. Throw in JKL and you’ll have a very powerful team.

See CG? You can explain away why OR jedis doesn’t work with Luke but fail to explain why he don’t have a Rebel tag?
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    hwxpqohyeha5.jpeg
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Firstly , you missed the point. The person I quoted said it would be unbalanced to give him a Rebel tag as if that never been done before. Balance can be adjusted and manipulated as they see fit. The mere fact of giving someone both tags doesn’t make the game unbalanced.

Secondly, I have used 2 of those three in arena, and did quite well. And I’ve seen the third used as well. They obviously weren’t meta, but there’s more to this game than arena meta teams.And they don’t hold up as well now, because of massive power creep.

no
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Old Ben says "Hello there" - as do Kanaan and Ezra. Every jedi in the game also has an additional faction tag (i.e. GR, OR, Rebel, Phoenix, etc.) - except Hoda. And now JKL. And game balance has never really been a concern for CG when it comes to releasing new characters.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    zwbg1dks8eou.png
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg