Stop making us relic bad toons

Prev13
Lysandrax
1127 posts Member
Title says everything, the absolute state of what is being asked.

Inb4 'they're not making you'

Replies

• Options
    Its falling on deaf ears mate, they don't listen to the community. They just want money
  • Lack
    74 posts Member
    Options
    I relic’d farmboy luke expecting him to be a requirement... ouch
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Chewie 3po hoda cls wampa etc? Which meta Rebels did you want to relic that they missed? Did you want more empire? Lol the ability to be upset on these forums is unreal
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Chewie 3po hoda cls wampa etc? Which meta Rebels did you want to relic that they missed? Did you want more empire? Lol the ability to be upset on these forums is unreal

You may be correct but at least it gives you something to do throughout the day.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »

If these people didn’t complain, you’d have zero contribution here, congrats on that?

Exactly
  • Options

And which one can you use with JKL? Just Hyoda right? Zero synergy with any others though...hmmmmm
  • Options

Hodas relic gives him nothing except a little extra speed. Wampa has almost no use in the end game as even nest no longer is viable as a solo character. Then of course there are the multiple characters you conveniently forgot to mention; rolo, chs, lando, and vader who is in the same boat as wampa. Even 3po relic isn't amazing merely acceptable. So basically you have cls and chewie as good relic candidates. And oh by the way how many of those will actually WORK with jkl?

And like I mentioned hodas relic really doesn't add much.
    Then you pair to that the fact that jkl will pull from other established teams, the yodas and gk, OR you have to pair him with garbage jedi (hey lookie there more characters that need a rework, sending a trend? ).
    BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE, he also doesn't work against gls but you should totally relic these worthless characters and break up two really core important squads for him. Especially since he wont be worth jack in arena and will cripple squads in ga!
    Y
    YAY so worth it!
  • Options
    CG's way of thinking for choosing character requirements:
    1. Pick a few obvious characters to not look ignorant
    2. Go on to swgoh.gg and check g13+relics list
    3. Picks characters in the bottom half of said list related to the new character
    4. Asks you to take them to an absurd power level when they are next to useless.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

You may be correct but at least it gives you something to do throughout the day.

Thank you, I do like being correct throughout the day.

If these people didn’t complain, you’d have zero contribution here, congrats on that?

Thank you too, it feels good to help correct people. It must suck to be wrong all the time with no one willing to help out. I mean, I assume. Hopefully being enlightened doesn’t make anyone feel badzap
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options

Thank you, I do like being correct throughout the day.

Thank you too, it feels good to help correct people. It must suck to be wrong all the time with no one willing to help out. I mean, I assume. Hopefully being enlightened doesn’t make anyone feel badzap

More interested in being technically correct than actually discussing and helping others discuss the perceived issue.
    You didn't list lando in your first post did you. And cpt han and rolo aren't worthy of relics.

This is already a horrible event.

Stop being a pest for the sake of 'haha, I'm the most correct' internet points
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    jman1234 wrote: »
    3. Picks characters in the bottom half of said list related to the new character
    4. Asks you to take them to an absurd power level when they are next to useless.

exactly, and that will give you something to do, hit sim on their gear requirements, not bother with actual PLAYABLE content.

Whales will whale, because they can not help themselves, and everyone else can pretend that EA gives a flying phuck about them.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Oh no! You have to use some gear on a character?

PERISH THE THOUGHT. They should just have you gear up no one and give it to everyone in the 18th.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

PERISH THE THOUGHT. They should just have you gear up no one and give it to everyone in the 18th.

LOL, I thought EA was getting lazy by allowing the Ahnold thread to get as big as it was, they knew any attempt to dissuade or stop people from venting would only make it worse, so they let everybody punch themselves out.

They held the PR firm off until they could be used in an effective manner. They knew they couldn't defend allowing rampant cheating, but they can shame people for being unhappy with a character's requirements.

Smart, how much are they paying you guys anyway?
  • Options
    Personally, I'm not really a fan of Rey or Kylo. So no, I've not yet geared up a useless character. Maybe I'm in the minority here but I play this game my way, with the characters I want. The requirements for JKL aren't useless to me because I already want to see and use my favorite characters at max level. I love the OT and so far refusing to chase the meta has given me a pretty good gaming experience. Once I finish the GAS farm the next thing I'm going to chase is JKL, because I like the character. I barely have JKR at gear 9 and have barely dipped my pinky into the pool of characters required for Darth Revan or the GLs, but I'm still enjoying the game.
  • Options
    jman1234 wrote: »

The required toons will make sense after you read about the event and realize we're playing through scenes from ESB with those toons from the movie.
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options
    We all could have picked these characters for the event pretty easily. Could have been worse, could have pick lower level Hoth characters as well.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Yup.
    Lobot
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

And which one can you use with JKL? Just Hyoda right? Zero synergy with any others though...hmmmmm

@Ravens1113
    Not true. His lead benefits light side allies. His special calls any ally to assist.
  • Options

hahaha I don't always get where you come from on the forums. But this is clear. 100%. I mean, what other choices?

We're lucky they didn't do Lobot. Though someone in our guild has Relic Lobot. Don't ask. we don't.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Brah. We've been taking it in the 18th since launch. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • AlFuego
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, this isn’t too bad for Galactic Legend, and all the characters make total sense in the mission. Relic3 is a much easier to attain than r7. And even if those aren’t all the best characters, a lot of them are good and rebels are fun. It would be totally expected to have to grind, and while this is a hard grind for FTP, it should not be easy or expected to be. All games are more difficult, especially when you’re trying to get the GOAT. IMO, it’s a very fair grind for a Galactic Legend.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    AlFuego wrote: »
    Yeah, this isn’t too bad for Galactic Legend, and all the characters make total sense in the mission. Relic3 is a much easier to attain than r7. And even if those aren’t all the best characters, a lot of them are good and rebels are fun. It would be totally expected to have to grind, and while this is a hard grind for FTP, it should not be easy or expected to be. All games are more difficult, especially when you’re trying to get the GOAT. IMO, it’s a very fair grind for a Galactic Legend.

Except he's not a GL and, judging by his kit, won't be able to deal with GLs. But otherwise I agree with your general point.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is no reworks. When they were doing reworks, such requirements weren't a problem, instead they were hailed as a part of the excitement.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

@Ravens1113
    Not true. His lead benefits light side allies. His special calls any ally to assist.

And the rest of his abilities and kit work with....Jedi.
    You’re not going to get much of a boost from R3 Lando, R3 ROLO and R3 CHS with a simple 15% boost in critical chance and damage. So no, there’s no synergy with the rebels you need to use to unlock him and dumb massive gear into
  • InvMars
    73 posts Member
    Options
    i don’t mind gearing up some characters for a good character, UNLESS they improve GAC matchmaking. At least add a few tiers, this is not a hard job.