progress with wampa and hermit yoda

Prev1
Night2
23 posts Member
why they release new character when they know half of people do not unlock it in at least 2 years?
I personaly have 45 shards of wampa an 35 shards of hermit yoda and it will take me so long farming.
i can have both GL before i will even try to unlock Jedi luke

Replies

• Options
    I have a 5* Hoda and am 90/145 for Wampa.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options
    We all knew Hoda would be needed for the next Luke and must figured wampa as well. No shock in the characters needed like there was for Rey.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    I have relic Wampa
  • Options
    Hyoda 7 star, Wampa was about 15/330 yesterday
  • Options
    Cool story, bros.
  • Options
    Hoda - 14/145
    Wampa - 0/145

....one day....one day.....
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • Options
    Just buy the content packs, you’ll finish them faster lol
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    With about 8100 GET1 and 5400 GET2 per month via TB, you can buy 30 ROLO shards and 30 Hyoda/Wampa shards. With Galactic Bounty, add 20 ROLO/Wampa shards per months. So it's about 80 shards per month.
    You need all 3, so 990 shards. 990/80= 12,375, so about a year, around the time the event will be in the Journey Guide.

Yeah, it's a lot and you must use all your GET for that. But that's the path to the Light side. You can't blame Luke for not being easier and more seductive.

And you don't "try" to unlock Jedi Luke. Farm him, or don't farm him. There is no try.
  • Options
    This is an odd complaint, for me.

There are 3 categories of people:

- long serving players who farmed them both long ago
    - Long serving players who decided to use their GET1 on gear instead of farming Hoda / Wampa
    - newer players who haven’t earned enough GET1 to max Malak, GAS, Hoda and Wampa.

Category 3: you can’t have everything straight away. This is not the first time something like this has happened.

Category 2: the game is about choices. You must have known ignoring those toons was a risk.

After this TB I will finally have earned enough GET2 to take both Malevolence and Negotiator to 7*. Have I been tempted to spend the currency on something else? All the time. Do I regret being patient and only ever using GET2 for those shards? Not even a tiny bit.

If you’re in category 2 and have been spending GET1 on gear instead, you’ve only got yourself to blame. You know how the devs operate by now!
  • Options
    Hem_Dazon wrote: »
    Just buy the content packs, you’ll finish them faster lol

I'll take my $15 elsewhere. Show CG what's what
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    Options
    I have both g12 7 star, had them a while, been playing since about 6 months after launch. I do admit, if you didn't farm them when they were the only characters in the store you may not d it now. Then again i don't understand why people farm gear in that store.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    With about 8100 GET1 and 5400 GET2 per month via TB, you can buy 30 ROLO shards and 30 Hyoda/Wampa shards. With Galactic Bounty, add 20 ROLO/Wampa shards per months. So it's about 80 shards per month.
    You need all 3, so 990 shards. 990/80= 12,375, so about a year, around the time the event will be in the Journey Guide.

Yeah, it's a lot and you must use all your GET for that. But that's the path to the Light side. You can't blame Luke for not being easier and more seductive.

And you don't "try" to unlock Jedi Luke. Farm him, or don't farm him. There is no try.

Where does 80 come from? 30 from TB and 20 from GB = 50 per month. For ROLO/Wampa = 660/50 = 13 months. Hoda = 30 shards per month, so 330/30 = 11 months. So in total it’d be 2 years from 0 to 7* for all 3.
    Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but this is what seems correct to me.
  • XaVii
    69 posts Member
    Options
    F2p player here with boths at 7*. I got both at 7* like 1 year ago? Maybe more...
  • Options
    This is an odd complaint, for me.

There are 3 categories of people:

- long serving players who farmed them both long ago
    - Long serving players who decided to use their GET1 on gear instead of farming Hoda / Wampa
    - newer players who haven’t earned enough GET1 to max Malak, GAS, Hoda and Wampa.

Category 3: you can’t have everything straight away. This is not the first time something like this has happened.

Category 2: the game is about choices. You must have known ignoring those toons was a risk.

After this TB I will finally have earned enough GET2 to take both Malevolence and Negotiator to 7*. Have I been tempted to spend the currency on something else? All the time. Do I regret being patient and only ever using GET2 for those shards? Not even a tiny bit.

If you’re in category 2 and have been spending GET1 on gear instead, you’ve only got yourself to blame. You know how the devs operate by now!

I understand what you're trying to say here, but the definition of "new" players is super vague. I've been playing almost 2 years, haven't spent GET currency on anything other than GAS/Malak in a looooong time. I'm just about to 6* on GAS and am done with Malak. I was farming Hoda and Wampa before that, I finished Hoda but am at 40/85 on Wampa. If I stop farming GAS right now, i might have Wampa done by the second go around. The consequence there is now GAS is useless because he's not worth using at 5* or 6* and honestly not great until you get into relics. If I decide to continue farming GAS it's going to take me at least a year to finish Wampa based on how much and how often I can get currency. I don't feel like second go around on JKL is unreasonable. But unlike your typical grind character I have no control over how quickly I can unlock him. I have a pretty brutal choice: GAS first, who will be done in what, 4-6 months, then get Luke in a year? or Luke, who I can get in 3-4 months but then I won't have GAS for over a year. It's not a great situation for me, and I'd say wanting to have him in less than a year isn't having everything straight away
  • Damodamo
    1587 posts Member
    Options
    @vincentlondon whats your gg? I’d like to have a nose at wampa.. been a side project to relic he/she/it for a while, curious about the boosts..
  • Holy
    8 posts Member
    Options
    wampa 330 shard = 89.200 and minimum 6-7 months.
    hoda 330 shard = 89.200 and minimum 6-7 months.
    han's falcon 7* = different five ships 7*

cls , c3po, chewbacca, rolo bla bla bla.

9 relic 3 characters. and 2 zetas luke. moreover not gl.

how many years will it take ? or how many dollars ?

dollars lovers ea,cg
  • Damodamo
    1587 posts Member
    Options
    Been playing for about almost 3 years.

With that said I have Hermit Yoda and Wampa 7 stars and have had them 7 star for awhile.

These new guys have nothing to complain about we had to get Grevious and Vader,
    7 star before they added them to other shops at least you guys got it way easier.

Oh god I forgot about vader shards.. remember when he was only possible to get to 5* and people were getting caught with 6* ones?

And gg in the shard shop only was just a pain..
  • Damodamo
    1587 posts Member
    Options
    Holy wrote: »

dollars lovers ea,cg

I only have cap Han to get the last 10or so shards..
    Gear on rolo, cap han and lando is a small issue, the rest are already at g12+3/4/5 depending..all are solid toons at relic apart from rolo and cap Han, to the best of my knowledge anyway.

End game toons aren’t meant to be available to all straight away. Putting wampa and hermit in just slows down people going straight for jkl on a newish account..
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    Holy wrote: »

dollars lovers ea,cg

oh come on! how long are you playing this game? everything spent on CUP?

a bunch of toons in your list should have everybody, if he is playing the game for more than 1.5 years.
    the others are made of choices or ignored by choices.
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    12 Shards in those Hoda/Vader and CHS/ROLO/Wampa bundles is a stupid number. A multiple of 5 would have been more sensible/useful. This is the CG paradox right there: are they that calculating and cheap/petty to make it look slightly better than 10 but not throw in the 3 shards to make it more useful/sensible? or, are they just that stupid? Neither option is good of course and to be clear, those packs are a real waste of money too.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    jgmn07xzfhls.jpeg
    Couple more gears and I’ll be ready
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Where does 80 come from? 30 from TB and 20 from GB = 50 per month. For ROLO/Wampa = 660/50 = 13 months. Hoda = 30 shards per month, so 330/30 = 11 months. So in total it’d be 2 years from 0 to 7* for all 3.

2x30 from TB, 30 with GET1 (Hyoda/Wampa), 30 with GET2 (ROLO) ;)

But it doesn't change your problem though, you have to wait for a looong time. Just less than you expected ^^

• Options

But it doesn't change your problem though, you have to wait for a looong time. Just less than you expected ^^
    So I can buy 30 shards of Hoda and Wampa per month?
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options

It does sound like a rhetorical question... Are you trying to lure me to the Dark side of the Argument ?

Maybe it's a genuine question though. So no, you can't. But you can, for instance, buy 30 Hyoda with GET1, 30 ROLO with GET2, and gain 20 Wampa from Galactic Bounties. I used rough numbers for simplicity; you have to use your actual guild stats to count the number of GETs you get per month in order to get a better estimate ;)
  • Options

It does sound like a rhetorical question... Are you trying to lure me to the Dark side of the Argument ?

Maybe it's a genuine question though. So no, you can't. But you can, for instance, buy 30 Hyoda with GET1, 30 ROLO with GET2, and gain 20 Wampa from Galactic Bounties. I used rough numbers for simplicity; you have to use your actual guild stats to count the number of GETs you get per month in order to get a better estimate ;)
    Ah, ok. I understand now. So 1 year? He probably won’t be viable in 1 year.

• Damodamo
    1587 posts Member
    Options
    @Sewpot dont think you need to gear wedge anymore mate
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

I guess he will still be used, as CLS is still used, but maybe the cost to have him in 1 year instead of 2+ years is too high. I think it's a good, a very good character. But maybe it's not worth the sacrifice you need to do to get him "early".

If you're not in a position to unlock him in 3-6 months, it probably means you still have tons of good characters to farm, like Malak, GAS or the infamous GLs. Luke probably won't be as meta defining as the GL, but it's Luke, he's solid (my guess is Malak/GAS level, but it's a wild guess) and hopefully, the event will be fun to play. If you're in a position to have a choice and are not just waiting for new stuff to farm because you already unlock everything, enjoy it and take your pick :)

You will most likely need him for Hero's journey: part 3, reliving ROTJ. And if it follows the same path, it will be in 3 years for the anniversary of ROTJ. So you have all the time you need to get ready for the 2023 meta !

• Options

I guess he will still be used, as CLS is still used, but maybe the cost to have him in 1 year instead of 2+ years is too high. I think it's a good, a very good character. But maybe it's not worth the sacrifice you need to do to get him "early".

If you're not in a position to het him in 3-6 months, it probably means you still have tons of good characters to farm, like Malak, GAS or the infamous GLs. He probably won't be as meta defining as the GL, but it's Luke, he's solid (my guess is Malak/GAS level, but it's a wild guess) and hopefully, the event will be fun to play. If you're in a position to have a choice and are not just waiting for new stuff to farm because you already unlock everything, enjoy it and take your pick :)

You will most likely need him for Hero's journey: part 3, reliving ROTJ. And if it follows the same path, it will be in 3 years for the anniversary of ROTJ. So you have all the time you need to get ready for the 2023 meta !

I’m still to get Malak and GAS, so I won’t be going for JKL anytime soon. By the time I’m close to him, he’ll be next to useless.
  • Options
    Night2 wrote: »
    why they release new character when they know half of people do not unlock it in at least 2 years?
    I personaly have 45 shards of wampa an 35 shards of hermit yoda and it will take me so long farming.
    i can have both GL before i will even try to unlock Jedi luke

You must be new to this game. CG sells the lube pack that also comes with 500 crystals for 49.99. Oh, and the lube is empty. So, welcome to the game!