Alvatron
Raxle Alucard
KingofLosing(me)
Arog M4D
Taka El
B Dub 3PO
Sicho
Irul

I just wanted to find out how being in top 10 is. How fast do you drop ranks over the time you dont play
Also this is my first time being in top 10
Post edited by KingOfLosing on

Replies

• Options
    B
  • Options
    Hi, I'm on that server... Have managed 1st once, and 2nd twice, usually finish in top 20. Overnight I normally drop into late 20s. One day I had problems logging on and dropped out of top 50.

Heh, just checked and you are one of my allies, as are most of the players I've encountered near top of arena.
  • Zdun
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, Zdun here. I haven't looked for our shard in this section in a while so I didn't notice this thread when it came up. I typically end top 5 every day, usually 1st or 2nd during EST payout times. Only days when I don't finish top 10 are days I am busy during arena rank rush hour or am painfully unlucky. On average I drop to the 20s-30s, although when dooku leads came into the scene a few weeks ago I would drop to ~50. With the attempt refresh, climbing back up generally is not much of an issue, though I have had some really bad RNG days before. I am hoping for the meta to shift away from dooku leads, because they really don't promote fun gameplay.

Sadly it doesn't seem like most players in our shard are active on forums (yet at least) or are interested in communicating with shard-mates. Shame, because it would be nice to make a guild with many of the top players on here once that is implemented.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Briorik
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Heh, I recognise your name, Zdun. I've seen Alvatron and Last Human in another thread, so they are on these forums too. I managed to finish 1st in my payout time today, although I couldn't get past the people with RG on 3rd and 4th, but ended up jumping 5th to 1st instead.

I'm one of the few people without Dooku, I was late to the party and only have him at 5*... by the time I get him usable he'll probably be nerfed with to the next update :(
  • Options
    Briorik wrote: »
    Heh, just checked and you are one of my allies, as are most of the players I've encountered near top of arena.

Really? Is your name briorik in the game also?
  • Options
    Yep, currently rank 13. About to go to bed... in Uk time zone.
  • Zdun
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Briorik wrote: »
    I'm one of the few people without Dooku, I was late to the party and only have him at 5*... by the time I get him usable he'll probably be nerfed with to the next update :(

I feel your pain; I didn't own GS until earlier last month when I started farming him. I really don't know what to expect after the balance changes go live this week, but for now I will just finish working on getting dooku to 7* and also some of the scoundrels in the event that the datamined scoundrel event from a while back ends up actually being implemented. If not, then I might work on some first order characters if those end up being really strong. Luckily dooku is not as mandatory as GS, but still is definitely shaping the current meta. GQJ lead teams with the lvl 7 leadership ability now outspeed dooku (with QGJ, yoda, ahsoka), so even now dooku is not as strong as it was last week. Our shard still has almost everyone using dooku lead, but my other shard has seen a massive resurgence of QGJ leads the last few days.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sup, Alvatron here. I was running QGJ forever as lead, but the stupid RNG of Dooku lead is top powerful on AI I had to switch. Sucks, I hate Dooku. Can't wait for new update in hopes for a better meta!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    A bit late, but I'm in this shard as well. Gotten into the bottom/mid top 10 a few times at payout time, but mostly hover around 11-30. IGN is the same as forum name.
  • Options
    I recognise your name, Fan43. I seem to remember that you normally have a slightly different team composition to most people, that you're a bit more experimental :)
  • Options
    A bit, which probably contributes to me dropping so much overnight :p

Mostly running the standard QGJ/Dooku/Yoda/GS/Luminara now though, although I'm working on Anakin, Mace, and JKG. Hoping they'll be at least somewhat relevant with QGJ as a leader, but probably still way too slow.
  • Gloin
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Very late to this, but I am also in this shard. Trying to claw my way back into the top 20 regularly, but I have been backpacking quite a bit and keep coming back to find myself far behind. Strictly F2P as it appears most are in this shard. I'm very happy with my current guild, but like to interface with the shard as well.
  • Briorik
    12 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Gloin wrote: »
    Very late to this, but I am also in this shard. Trying to claw my way back into the top 20 regularly, but I have been backpacking quite a bit and keep coming back to find myself far behind. Strictly F2P as it appears most are in this shard. I'm very happy with my current guild, but like to interface with the shard as well.

Welcome back... I think the top 3 or 4 are quite hard to beat now, with all Gear 9 characters in their squad, which are very hard to get on F2P.

Generally if you fall down the arena, it's not so easy to get back up, everyone has a fairly decent roster in top 50 from what I've seen. But it can be done with an extra arena crystal refresh a day.
  • Gloin
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks. I've never used a crystal refresh, but may start if it enables me to get those 50 crystals back by moving up. Unsure if it is worth it as I will be going out again this weekend... kind of conflicting hobbies.
  • Gloin
    27 posts Member
    Options
    I would be interested to see what time zone everyone is so we could coordinate payout attacks. My guild does this on many of their servers that way someone doesn't get sniped 4-5 spots right before their payout. I'm not very active on the forums, but I'd be interested in attempting this anyway.
  • Options
    Gloin wrote: »
    I would be interested to see what time zone everyone is so we could coordinate payout attacks. My guild does this on many of their servers that way someone doesn't get sniped 4-5 spots right before their payout. I'm not very active on the forums, but I'd be interested in attempting this anyway.

Pacific time zone bro
  • Options
    Btw guys i changed my name from rylo ben to KingofLosing
  • Gloin
    27 posts Member
    Options
    I'm PST as well. I'll try not to snipe you around payout.

If anybody is interested my guild (Mighty Chlorians) is looking to fill one last spot in our sister guild as we are spreading out the power. Will be doing heroics in both.
  • KingOfLosing
    454 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lots of phasmas on our top 10! I like it, I don't want any dodge leaders up there
  • Briorik
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Heh, yes, 9 out of 10 Phasmas! True, I much prefer it to fighting against dodge leaders. ST Han seems quite popular, I used to have problems with him but not so much anymore, now that my characters have started to catch up.
  • KingOfLosing
    454 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't, reason being is because it shows ppl rely on dodge rng to stay high in there rankings. IMO that's a cat move
  • Briorik
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Ah no, I meant I prefer fighting against Phasma leaders too... it's so frustrating when your characters are dodged. I suppose that most people found Phasma better on offence and can't be bothered to switch leaders on defence.
  • KingOfLosing
    454 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I like ST Han, I recently acquired him, I think he really shines when u run him with GS and phasma. All the TM gain from han, use phasmas advantage, GSM critical and gains 50%TM if u have it omega'd. Oh man, lots of TM

Edit: stu pid auto correct
  • Nemman
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Hi there guys!
    I'm very late but I'm in the server too.
    U.K. Payout.
    Is someone interesting to coordinate some attack? :)
  • Options
    Hey guys, I'm on this arena shard, too, though a bit below you guys. I hover around 200, but I thought I'd better check in, you know, just in case. Ever the optimist, I suppose. Is there a mechanism you guys are using to communicate? My guild uses Discord, but I saw something about line? Anyway, hope to chat, and maybe I'll join you at the top one day.
  • Options
    Hi all, I am on the same server as you guys - DinGame is my name. Usually hover around #40-#60 with my resistance squad. UK payout time.