JKL Viability

For any of you guys that got JKL - is he usable with a team that doesn’t destroy multiple teams for use in GAC, for something decent ? Trying to figure out if I should inflate my roster to go for him, or just keep building my teams.... I am skipping GLs most likely.

Replies

• Options
    I guess we will have to wait for Ahnald then .... LOL!!!
  • Options
    I did like Cubsfanhan's video where he basically only showed viability of Luke in a GL Rey lead team... I'm like, a potato is good under a GL Rey lead 😂. I wanted to know what lesser used jedi might do. So, basically, we don't know viability yet.
  • Options
    Yeah exactly ! Pretty disappointed at the moment - I was happy to chase something I actually like (I just can’t bear farming for SLK and Rey) - not a huge fan of the movie, nothing personal
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    There are many theorycrafters on yt, arnold is not one of them.
  • Options
    Yeah who wants a sandbox mode? Am I right bois????? ao4f1y7vc1xx.png

😏😉
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Why should we even have to go to a different platform to see if a character is viable

Meh. Do or don't. You don't have to do anything.
  • Options

Why should we even have to go to a different platform to see if a character is viable

And apparently neither does CG. They let the community do it for them, especially the beta testing.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    emoore123 wrote: »

And apparently neither does CG. They let the community do it for them, especially the beta testing.

Apperantly it was yters that released the character the topic is about.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Our resident shard whale got him maxed to R7 with all (both?) zetas. He couldn't even beat mediocre GAS or DR teams even with all R7 Jedi. JKL might be okay in GAC or TW for mid-range teams - but certainly not top tier or even the previous few metas. Now, that was only a half dozen attempts or so, but the early results are not promising.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I'm pretty sure the people they are referring too prove the viability in the same game as you....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Our resident shard whale got him maxed to R7 with all (both?) zetas. He couldn't even beat mediocre GAS or DR teams even with all R7 Jedi. JKL might be okay in GAC or TW for mid-range teams - but certainly not top tier or even the previous few metas. Now, that was only a half dozen attempts or so, but the early results are not promising.

I'm not expecting him to be top tier, he seems like he could be a piece of a puzzle we dont have all the pieces for, but the early results are rarely promising.....
  • Options
    ... there has to be a GL Luke coming at some point... right? This is not the Luke you're looking for...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    This might be the Luke where you need a Luke for and will be needed for the Luke you are looking for.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

Yeah but is your shard whale actually gud.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

His GP is almost 2 million higher than yours. You decide... https://swgoh.gg/p/766112228/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options

His GP is almost 2 million higher than yours. You decide... https://swgoh.gg/p/766112228/

GP has slightly more than 0 correlation to being good, maybe 1%
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

GP has slightly more than 0 correlation to being good, maybe 1%

In your rush to be defensive, you must have missed the "You decide" part of my post. Sorry if I hurt your your feelings.

The thread was about JKL's viability - generally, only a whale or a F2P player who was very lucky at guessing (or had hoarded a LOT of crystals) would know this early. I was just sharing information. Do with what you will - which is apparently, be defensive about someone who spends on the game.

• Options

Thanks man - appreciate the feedback on this !
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Thanks man - appreciate the feedback on this !

I do what I can. :)

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I'm not expecting him to be top tier, he seems like he could be a piece of a puzzle we dont have all the pieces for, but the early results are rarely promising.....

Shouldn’t he be top tier given the requirements ? Imho he should - but you are 100% right - could end up being like Jollee or Drevan - an additional character makes him better - I hope so!
  • Options
    New toon incoming:
    Ghost Ben
    Jedi, support, LS, Rebel
    Basic (Luke, use the force!): Call any Luke to assist.
    Special (you must go to the Dagobah system): Target Luke is removed from the game for one turn. When he returns, his stats are doubled (except for base speed), and he gains speed up until the end of the battle, which can’t be removed or prevented.
    Unique (he was our only hope): Luke is always a Rebel, and his lead always applies to Rebels. If there is no Luke on your team, Ghost Ben fades away from the battle.