Arena timeouts

Can something be done about this? In the past few years we have basic attacks that are now more complicated than entire team kits that were designed when the 5 minute match was created. Invincible units. Resurrected units. Every broken mechanic under the sun has been added to make us pay more and more, but alas the 5 minute timer has never waivered. Can we at least get a longer timer? Is that so much to ask for?

Replies

• Options
    personally never have an issue with the timeouts, only when I misplay and get stuck behind a nest with a CLS or something which would just last forever anyway. I generally always seem to win or lose within 5 minutes
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    5 mins is fine.
  • Options
    5 minutes is long enough if you know your team, know the opponites team, know which moves to when and have fast fingers. Most times a timeout is a result in taking to long to decide which move to do on which character.
  • Options
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    personally never have an issue with the timeouts, only when I misplay and get stuck behind a nest with a CLS or something which would just last forever anyway. I generally always seem to win or lose within 5 minutes
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    5 mins is fine.
    5 minutes is long enough if you know your team, know the opponites team, know which moves to when and have fast fingers. Most times a timeout is a result in taking to long to decide which move to do on which character.

yeah, you clearly don't have GL Rey. Seriously.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    5 mins is fine.

yeah, you clearly don't have GL Rey. Seriously.

On the plus side, going to bed in 8 and waking up 8 hours later still in 8 is nice. But yes, GL Rey mirrors bring back timeouts. It's almost like CG didn't play test mirror matches or something.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    At least unlocking her ultimate makes it A LITTLE BIT easier. I still have to change my rey comp according to who I'm fighting because of the possible timeouts
  • Options
    one minute more would make big difference. In Rey mirror matches I see too many draws. I would have won but just run out of time. Even 10-20 sec would enough. Probably faster animation could also help in my case.
    One other thing to consider with bigger play time is blocking in arena. With bigger timeout blocking would be easier.
  • Options
    The thing I would like to see is the option of disabling combat animations and give to all units fixed attack time, at least in the autocombat. It will resolve a hell of timeout issues and make autocombats less time-consuming.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    disagree

also, necro
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH