Bloody Stun Guns

Murchada
5 posts Member
edited June 2020
So I suppose it's well talked about but you need stun guns for almost every character I think. It's a real pay wall and deliberate IMO. Taunting you into that micro transaction and forcing a perpetual gambling spiral. Personally I just get on with it but you are not advancing if you don't spend. Some of you will say "I can do it ftp" but you ultimately have too much time on your hands. CG needs to make gearing easier or their will be too much of a gap between the whale and the minnow that the minnow won't play anymore resulting in the closure of the game. After all it's the micro transaction that makes it possible.

Replies

• Options
    Murchada wrote: »
    So I suppose it's well talked about but you need stun guns for almost every character I think. It's a real pay wall and deliberate IMO. Taunting you into that micro transaction and forcing a perpetual gambling spiral. Personally I just get on with it but you are not advancing if you don't spend. Some of you will say "I can do it ftp" but you ultimately have too much time on your hands. CG needs to make gearing easier or their will be too much of a gap between the whale and the minnow that the minnow won't play anymore resulting in the closure of the game. After all it's the micro transaction that makes it possible.

We’ve been saying this for years. Game is still doing fine. They know exactly what they’re doing or they wouldn’t be making as much as they do each quarter.
  • Options
    Umm, also. Hate to break it to you but some of the top whales spend what the “minnows” spend anyway. If the minnows go, it isn’t going to have an impact. The game isn’t going to close down.
    We got this far, what would change now?
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

It is deliberate - it's how the game makes money. You either have to farm the gear, wait for them to pop up in one of the stores or you can get there faster by buying them.

Stun guns are moaned about a lot and yeah, it's a bit frustrating but say CG added them to challenges like carbamtis, I think they'd just create another gear grind elsewhere.
  • FofoBett
    137 posts Member
    Options
    Any gear is going to get a crunch - I'm a bit of the mind that you are just going to have to wait for something. If you focus on a few toons at once, you'll slowly see them gear up to g12. Unfortunately many players seem to want everything now (or have absolutely no patience) - this leads developers to use tools such as 'gear chest' with a random chance of shards etc etc. In fact its a form of gambling and you have to take the odds. I will pay to play for known outcomes - not go for random shards (5-330 packs) as its basically throwing money away.

Wait until you get new toons with other crunches and grinds for different gear. The benefit is when you get to g13 and R7 - you feel its worth it.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    They could double the amount we get regularly and it still wouldn't be enough. I get kyros faster which is insane.
  • Options
    A you have seen it does get talked/moaned about a lot which shows it’s work as intended. The problem is that, while yes these games are always going to have gear crunches, they were lazy in the development of the gear levels and instead of creating a new crunch every couple levels like they started out doing. They kept the same bottle neck going.

I remember first starting out it was holo projectors and armor mods that were a crunch for gear lvls 5-7. Then they created 8-10 with stun guns, golden eyes, and stun cuffs. The crunch for that 5-7 gear was eased as they had another in place. Then instead of creating a new crunch for 10-12 they kept going with it. Which means they can’t ease up on it. This was a very bad design on their part as it leads to an excessive amount of frustration in the player base.

They could have created a new crunch and eased up on the previous one as they did before and this would give the players more of a sense progression instead of the sense of dread we get now. I WANT to bring more chars to the g12 level but dread the blasted stun gun farming. It doesn’t make me want to spend ... it only pushes me closer to quitting and that goes double when we got nothing else to really do other than bring chars up in gear lvl.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    resource management. if all gear was easy to get we'd all have maxed rosters, then what?

ftr I hate the gun crunch as much as anybody
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I've been playing since the start. No gear has ever been as hard as that guns. The game will fail if minnows leave. There are obscured opinions here I've seen them, it's like defending smoking by a smoker. The gambler wants to protect the investment.