Are they trying?

I don't know if it's just me,but since we had the puzzle(even some will argue about timing)till now i see some small improvment from CG,the Luke event was the best one in a long time(i did not play it but i enjoyed watching other doing it),the Vader rework and even in the last post from them we have a little thank you for beeing apart of the game.
I can't say that we have more communication or that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel but i think is a good start even with these baby steps.
We should give credit to CG when they deserv it like we do when they screw something up and by doing so maybe just maybe they will continue doing good.
I would like to hear your thoughts and let's keep it positive bwcause we need it!

Replies

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    I’d point out that the Luke event probably took a significant amount of time and resources to build. They likely didn’t create it from scratch at the last minute - which means even while the community was being overly negative, CG was working on good things for the game!
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    One step forward, 3 steps back. I refuse to give CG any credit until they give us ACTUAL communication and parity between GLs.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    yes
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Hard to get excited about JKL when only 2-3% of active players have been able to unlock him. This year has been pretty much a bust from my end game almost FTP prospective. Only bring side is that the new content has been so bad I've been able to farm up some really fun defense teams.

When is the ESB celebration happening anyway? I've heard it's going to be exciting!
  • Options
    I mean we can't even get a RA post. It's not like we are asking for everything thats in it right now. Just post it and then communicate any changes along the way. It's not that complicated CG.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Ask Rey owners if they're trying.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Are you trying?
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I don't know if it's just me,but since we had the puzzle(even some will argue about timing)till now i see some small improvment from CG,the Luke event was the best one in a long time(i did not play it but i enjoyed watching other doing it),the Vader rework and even in the last post from them we have a little thank you for beeing apart of the game.
    I can't say that we have more communication or that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel but i think is a good start even with these baby steps.
    We should give credit to CG when they deserv it like we do when they screw something up and by doing so maybe just maybe they will continue doing good.
    I would like to hear your thoughts and let's keep it positive bwcause we need it!

They are taking a step in the right direction. They still need to improve communication and actually release a road ahead to tell people what they are planning to do in the future.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Probably some higher-ups noticed the mess and connected the dots for them. Or all this negativity finally hit their bottom line.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    CG will never go in the right direction. People have to be aware of that. The last move on Kylo again is reflection of that.

Enough money was spent on Rey, now put her in the trash we dont need her anymore. You need to spend money on Kylo or die.

That is all matters for CG. They just trying to make money. Game is irrelevant they dont care, fun is irrelevant they dont care, balance, players, star wars are irrelevant, they dont care.

Money only money
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Probably some higher-ups noticed the mess and connected the dots for them. Or all this negativity finally hit their bottom line.

I'm sure that the JKL event and Vader rework has been planned, designed and implemented before Ahnald's account was banned. I highly doubt that those things are a reaction to that whole shennanigan.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

I'm sure that the JKL event and Vader rework has been planned, designed and implemented before Ahnald's account was banned. I highly doubt that those things are a reaction to that whole shennanigan.

Well, the negativity isn't exactly new either, the Ahnald affair only stirred the pot. And the thank you note in particular looks like an attempt at damage control more than anything else.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    I’d point out that the Luke event probably took a significant amount of time and resources to build. They likely didn’t create it from scratch at the last minute - which means even while the community was being overly negative, CG was working on good things for the game!

..or ... the even was built already long time ago, just waiting to be released, just needed some minor change.
  • Options
    Well the JKL event in my opinion was there for some time i can't argue with that,did they do a lot of wrongs in eyes?Yes they did,but we should see the good things they did recently even if is not much,after such a long time we had mostly just bad stuff,so for once we should enjoy some good ones.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Well, the negativity isn't exactly new either, the Ahnald affair only stirred the pot. And the thank you note in particular looks like an attempt at damage control more than anything else.

CG's bottom line has been fine so far - also the recent months. Which negativity do you refer to with:
    Or all this negativity finally hit their bottom line.

If not the recent negativity?

• TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Nyanperor wrote: »

Are you trying?

Am I trying what?
  • Options

Are you trying?

Am I trying what?

That's what I was thinking about your original post.
    What is it you are asking the Rey holders if they are trying? I'm holding Rey and trying all kinds of things. Many not related to the game in anyway at all 😋
    Your question is the epitome of vagueness lol
    So you should probably expect vagueness in return 😉
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Stonefist wrote: »

Are you trying?

Am I trying what?

That's what I was thinking about your original post.
    What is it you are asking the Rey holders if they are trying? I'm holding Rey and trying all kinds of things. Many not related to the game in anyway at all 😋
    Your question is the epitome of vagueness lol
    So you should probably expect vagueness in return 😉

Ask the Rey owners if they think CG is trying to help them out.
  • Options
    Word. Thanks for the clarification 👍.
    No they seem to be doing just the opposite in fact.
    It is what it is. Not much I can do about it.
    But I have never been so disappointed that I got on the forums and voiced it until now.
    I love this game. Absolutely love it.
    Releasing both GLs at once and changing one right as most of the biggest spenders were first getting to the unlock was a filthy move.
    Where was the R&D before release!? If that toon was so bad that it couldn't even go 5 months without a rework.... Someone really needs to rethink their career choices.
    If any other kind of services in the world pulled something like this they would be being sued right now.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

Yes, that was entirely the point of my post.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Short answer: no

Long answer: no not really, the road ahead can't be good or it would be here by now, by holding off on it, they are trying to squeeze everything they can out of the Luke event, without a negative road ahead damaging it.
  • Options

Yes, that was entirely the point of my post.

I purposely misread who the "they" was in your post to make a dumb joke. Anyway, I'm quite far from a GL so my opinion holds little weight on the matter, but just because they haven't said anything yet doesn't mean they won't do anything. They could drop a fix tomorrow for all we know.
  • Options
    Rather than nerfing Vader, they should give Luke some kind of buff. It would be awesome to see a Luke vs Vader arena meta
  • Options
    Rather than nerfing Vader, they should give Luke some kind of buff. It would be awesome to see a Luke vs Vader arena meta

That would be great. But GL's could be a challenge for Luke depending on the squad.