Stop counting as a loss when your game crashes!

Olderaan
180 posts Member
edited June 2020
It happens all the time in TW and GAC. OK, I read all the warnings and suggestions eg. restart the game and clean the memory/cache before do important matches. But come on! Why can't your game code distinguish the crash/freezing from force quitting? It is fair that the force quitting counts as a loss, but it's not fair counting the same when the game crashes! Why counts it as a loss, and why can’t that team be reused when the game crashes through no fault of my own? Why can't you fix this for years?

Replies

• Olderaan
    180 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Sometimes I get an error code message, but usually don't, just freezing. Ofc this is just my experience.
  • Options
    There is no way to tell between a client-kill (swipe up in Android, etc), phone reboot, airplane mode, etc, and a client freeze/error. So, unfortunately... it has to count as a loss, otherwise no one would ever lose. (They'd just client-kill or reboot...)
  • Options
    All right, then do something against frequently occurring freezing.
  • Options
    Use iphone it almost never happened to me
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Olderaan wrote: »

You should report frequent occurrences of anything happening. <<Answers HQ>> collects the relevant information that can help them isolate issue like that.

Unfortunately not everyone experiences what you are experiencing. Similar to the above post, I personally have only had 1 instance of the button disappearing as the only instability I have ever seen in the game.
  • Options
    The #1 form of cheating in the game is purposeful airplane mode to remove TM loading in TW and GAC.

It isn't that harmful but it is wrong, and usually actively encouraged. A TM-loaded NS team usually will not = win in a TW. Just an extra battle.

Better analysis of crashes, client's platforms, and where they occur should be done.
  • Options
    This happens to me all the time! At least once per TW. Why can't they sim the battle when there's a disconnection? Without having to display the battle it should be extremely quick to sim it. Sometimes it wouldn't work in your favor because it's a tight match that needs your input to win but other times your strongest team gets an easy win instead of losing the battle and the team.
    I think they should sim results after timeout too.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This happens to me all the time! At least once per TW. Why can't they sim the battle when there's a disconnection? Without having to display the battle it should be extremely quick to sim it. Sometimes it wouldn't work in your favor because it's a tight match that needs your input to win but other times your strongest team gets an easy win instead of losing the battle and the team.
    I think they should sim results after timeout too.

The battle takes place on your device. I cant imagine the server is built to be able to take the load of running X number of battles 'at any moment'.

Timeouts are different, and there is at least some strategy to placing a team that will cause a timeout, or using a team that can beat a TO team within the time.
  • Options
    The #1 form of cheating in the game is purposeful airplane mode to remove TM loading in TW and GAC.

It isn't that harmful but it is wrong, and usually actively encouraged. A TM-loaded NS team usually will not = win in a TW. Just an extra battle.

Better analysis of crashes, client's platforms, and where they occur should be done.

Hard disagree that this is cheating.
  • Options

Hard disagree that this is cheating.

+1
    I'd love to face a guild that encourages preloading TM 😂
  • Options
    Yes the game crashes on me at least once every day it seems and no clearing cash and all the suggestions do not help. They need to fix the client loads of people say they have the same problem.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Using airplane mode this way simply replicates the "Forfeit" feature - and you regard it as cheating? For real?
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Using airplane mode this way simply replicates the "Forfeit" feature - and you regard it as cheating? For real?

This is the point, it doesnt just replicate it, or people would just use forfeit, you would only use airplane mode if you had been defeated/took a risk for possible win. Forfeit is a required turn/move/command and is therefore strategic!

That being said... not sure I would go so far as to say cheating... more manipulation... or maybe even training wheels !
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    This thread again.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Olderaan
    180 posts Member
    Options
    It also just shows that there is a demand for it, and the solution has not yet been found.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Darthpippa wrote: »

This is the point, it doesnt just replicate it, or people would just use forfeit, you would only use airplane mode if you had been defeated/took a risk for possible win. Forfeit is a required turn/move/command and is therefore strategic!

That being said... not sure I would go so far as to say cheating... more manipulation... or maybe even training wheels !

OK, it replicates the results of using the "Forfeit" feature:

The battle counts, your team is marked as defeated and the team you fought is reset to the state it had at the beginning of the battle.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It also just shows that there is a demand for it, and the solution has not yet been found.

The solution is

NastyWellinformedArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

The battle counts, your team is marked as defeated and the team you fought is reset to the state it had at the beginning of the battle.

Except it allows you to use it when it isn’t your turn, or after you’ve already lost. So it provides additional benefit. It’s pretty clearly an exploit. It’s also pretty clearly been accepted by CG as an acceptable way to play the game, so it’s not cheating. I do think CG should just build it into the game so a restart isn’t required (add an accept/refuse battle option after a loss in GA/TW).
  • Darion
    75 posts Member
    Options
    It happens all the time in TW and GAC. OK, I read all the warnings and suggestions eg. restart the game and clean the memory/cache before do important matches. But come on! Why can't your game code distinguish the crash/freezing from force quitting? It is fair that the force quitting counts as a loss, but it's not fair counting the same when the game crashes! Why counts it as a loss, and why can’t that team be reused when the game crashes through no fault of my own? Why can't you fix this for years?

Improving servers will cost money, and spending money is not the CG way
  • Darion
    75 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

You should report frequent occurrences of anything happening. <<Answers HQ>> collects the relevant information that can help them isolate issue like that.

Unfortunately not everyone experiences what you are experiencing. Similar to the above post, I personally have only had 1 instance of the button disappearing as the only instability I have ever seen in the game.

Not a fan of this Kyno, i did this and MANY others have as well and the response I got was rather lazy and seemingly an auto response with no follow up:
    lkvk4nq3q88n.png

Perhaps you can respond on their behalf?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Except it allows you to use it when it isn’t your turn, or after you’ve already lost. So it provides additional benefit.

But you agree the result is the same, right?

• Olderaan
    180 posts Member
    Options
    It seems the community use the airplane mode or forced quitting as strategy more often than I have imagined so far. B)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    don't normal games have some error code (after crash) or something which you can send to developer? swgoh doesn't have such system?

The "freeze" is the big issue for many - abs since the recent update there have been many more of those than usual going by the admitadly anecdotal evidence in our guild and shard chats. By virtue of the fact that the game requires a hard reset, my guess is that there would be no way for it to produce an error code.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*