Who is farming MagmaTrooper? Will he be meta?

Prev1
Baldo
2863 posts Member
edited March 2016

Who is farming MagmaTrooper? Will he be meta? 97 votes

I am, yes he will!
42%
darksidebleeaauuhslashy42Boro_Smooth1KingRyan17EikasCurryPoe_Dameron_BLK1PrimeTimeThomasLylejtveclipse12Vader_Be_HatinKAULIMr_BrightsideBaldoSaitamaOniRenkaiWildGruntEricKBrazilian_JoeDiraan 41 votes
No he's overrated.
57%
TimbaHuitzyjeremyj26ichotolotStarSonkozakjanostjw_tjw14vincentlondonDarthNicobenacrowTheShadow1983Darth_MangoPerongelukMcPot45ShokyWJ28CyclopsMegadeth3700DingleTingleFugazy 56 votes

Replies

• Options
    No he's overrated.
    I started but with the 80cap i will not have enough energy to farm Rey + gear a new toon. I prefer to focus on RP (15/100 and gear7)
  • Options
    Got Phasma, 86, Lumi, Poggle and RP at 7*. So i got nothing else to spend GW credits on so sure, why not.

• Options
    He's not overrated. Nobody thinks he's going to be great right now. I am not farming him so I can't pick an option. There should be a 'no, he's not that good' option.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I am, yes he will!

He's not overrated. Nobody thinks he's going to be great right now. I am not farming him so I can't pick an option. There should be a 'no, he's not that good' option.

Theres an option like this :)
  • Options
    How people can say he is overrated , they don't have it full gear , full level .zzzz
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I am, yes he will!
    How people can say he is overrated , they don't have it full gear , full level .zzzz

I''m quite sure people do...
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »

No much people have already gear up And star up him to max .
    Voting people here are maybe 1% him on max.

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I am, yes he will!

No much people have already gear up And star up him to max .
    Voting people here are maybe 1% him on max.

Yeah I didn't mean that the majority does. I more less wanted the whales or someone with him very high to let us know.
  • Options
    Gearing him is insane .. And getting him to 7 * is quite soon for the majority .

• Options
    I say it's too early to tell but he has a very useful AOE, remove 30 turn meter with a 40% to remove another 30 turn meter that ignores armor, We'll definitely see them in arena but with the meta as it is now he isn't that viable.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    I am simply because I have nothing better to do with GW tokens. He will be useful in an AoE comp/with Phasma/Empire team/extra attack comp.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I am, yes he will!
    He ends up with 1900 physical damage. That's roughly 500 more than Rey.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    No he's overrated.

Holy crap I think I might have mis judged him them. Really I will farm him eventually but Im still working on RP and Im considering Poggle but might get him after RP. Not sure if poggle will be worth In new meta, I mean QGJ can also give offense up very easily theres not much else he brings to the table so I think that after RP I might go for magma trooper and then it depends If I got with teebo for the ewok fan train or poggle.
  • Options
    Abilities have scalars. RP has the highest physical damage but is far from the hardest hitter; that stat is a red herring.

Also, how can anything be overrated when it is rarely rated to begin with? Where are these glowing reviews that I'm missing?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    No idea if he will be meta or even good, but I can't keep piling up 1200 more GW tokens a day and he's more cool looking than anything else in there I don't already have, so yeah, I'm farming him. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I've had him maxxed and full gear for almost 2 weeks. His AOE hits everyone for 2.5-2.8k as well as the turn meter reduction. His basic can crit for 4k but that's a rarity. Mostly in the 2.5k range. The secondary damage is underwhelming. Its often resisted, which makes no sense, pretty sure that's bugged. Also his tenacity is clearly bugged. He has the highest tenacity in the game and with his unique ability, should be resistant to almost all debuffs, stuns, etc. However, he's resists nothing and never gets the turn meter he should by resisting.

If they iron out his kinks, I think he will be real useful once the new update rolls out.
  • Options
    I'm farming him but, I don't know if he will be in the meta. More than 2 choices next time.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Physical damage by itself means nothing, as basic abilities and specials have different coefficients and characters have different turn speed and critical rates.
    You know who else has great physical damage? Chewbacca.
  • Options
    What is meta at this point anyway? Or more specifically what will it be when the first people grind him up to their arena standard?
  • Options
    No he's overrated.

He hits like RG though.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    I am but I dont know if he will be meta, no one knows anything since they are changing it.

I was running out of options of who to farm
  • Dan_z
    103 posts Member
    Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    I am simply because I have nothing better to do with GW tokens. He will be useful in an AoE comp/with Phasma/Empire team/extra attack comp.

This! Sitting on 40k tokens so it's nice to finally have something to spend them on
  • Options
    I'm farming him out of boredom to be honest but whether he'll be meta, it's anyone's guess. If you look at it mathematically, then no, he won't be since only 15-20% of your characters are usable in any of the previous metas. Let's hope the latest meta adjustment makes things better...
  • Options
    I tried him out in pvp today, stuck him in a Dooku team at 5 stars and gear 8, missing the big 3 damage pieces though. With yoda's buff he does resist but not well without it and while the turn meter was useful I don't think the basic attack really justifies a place and Phasma probably offers more. Still got to rank 1 but boy did the attacks come after it! I read the full stats by trillizo and that's disappointing, but am using Empire team in GW for something different and the potential is deffo there! Still not sure of a 'current' setup for him as there are just too many better abled bodies for most setups.
  • Options
    Farming him cos I don't have anyone else left in the shipments that I like. Plus I could use another AoE toon.

I don't think he's rated in any way right now.

I don't have any thoughts on if he might or not be the next meta.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I farm him
    But I don't give a rats butt if he's going to be meta or not
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    I farm him
    But I don't give a rats butt if he's going to be meta or not

Same goes for me.
  • Options
    I'm farming him, looks bad ****, idk if he sucks, I'm building an empire team, in the end we loose, or......bahahaha
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    I am, yes he will!
    Takes a stink load of purples. But GW tokens who else?
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I am, yes he will!
    bngman wrote: »
    Takes a stink load of purples. But GW tokens who else?

Yes he does forsure!! I thought I had him gear 8. Was wrong he is currently one slot away from gear 8