How can Rey beat SLKR without 5s&GAS

NataPda
38 posts Member
As SLKR's AI is going to be changed, I would like to know how to consistently beat SLKR with Rey. Jedi and resistance toons die after 2nd ultimate, Rey - after 3rd.
Before fix I could use any toons but now FO gains TM and crits very quickly and Kylo is in aggressive stance almost every 2nd turn

Replies

• Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    I'll be following this post too. I have tried many teams but nothing works for me. Need to find a team that can beat either a double FO tank team, or a double TM swap FO team, or FO with vader. I almost feel like I need to get thrawn and IPD zeta and relic to use them on my Rey team, so I could TM swap thrawn to IPD, use IPD to dispel and target lock to block taunt so I could fracture SLKR. Problem is youd also need raid han to stun Sith trooper and hux or theyll dispel the target lock and you'll still be stuck behind the tanks. So maybe add in vet han for AOE ability block, but he is slow...

I just dont see a solution to beating SLKR reliably with Rey unless they do something to her or some LS allies.
  • Options
    I am in the same boat as u guys.
  • Options
    The only one team has a little chance - Rey Wat GK GAS JKR. Probably it's better to use weapon tech on GAS. Also GAS needs as much offence as possible. But it doesn't mean stopping ultimate loop so winrate is low.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder if swapping JKR out for an auto-tank might work for the above team if you dont have R3+ Wat. Since Wat HP/prot means he generally dies to the first AOE which happens before anyone on your team goes since SLKR will stun, then hux will give him another turn and he will AOE
  • Options
    I've been using Rey, GAS, GK, JKR, and Hoda to beat SLKR here recently. GAS always gets stunned out of the gate but its ok, put Lifeblood on him from Rey, Masters Training on him anyways as Hoda's first move, JKR use Direct Focus against sith trooper if he's in the team or Hux if he isn't, Kylo will get someone below 60% health pretty quickly so you can whirlwind whoever has DF on them. Save Rey ultimate until Kylo goes into his ult then use it. Keep using lifeblood on GAS or whirlwind when its up and you'll whittle down the opposing team until its just SLKR, then Rey can 1 shot SLKR with her ult as long as its just him.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    ndwilson wrote: »
    I've been using Rey, GAS, GK, JKR, and Hoda to beat SLKR here recently. GAS always gets stunned out of the gate but its ok, put Lifeblood on him from Rey, Masters Training on him anyways as Hoda's first move, JKR use Direct Focus against sith trooper if he's in the team or Hux if he isn't, Kylo will get someone below 60% health pretty quickly so you can whirlwind whoever has DF on them. Save Rey ultimate until Kylo goes into his ult then use it. Keep using lifeblood on GAS or whirlwind when its up and you'll whittle down the opposing team until its just SLKR, then Rey can 1 shot SLKR with her ult as long as its just him.

When I've tried a similar team, what happens is SLKR goes into his ultimate, and kills off 1-3 members of my team. Often all except Rey and whoever has lifeblood (usually GS). Since GS has been stunned pretty much the whole time, my damage on the team has depended on whirlwind alone, so at best I've killed 2 members of the opposing team. With 3 still standing Rey's ultimate isn't enough to kill SLKR, and he just loops his ultimate again which fully heals him and finishes off my team. I know partly it's my lack of relics, JKR is G12+5, GK is only R3, and HODA is G12. Maybe if I had all R7's I could beat SLKR using several other legendary/journey/epic/raid characters with my Rey. But SLKR uses only FO, so Rey should be on par using only Resistance.

FIX REY AND RESISTANCE CG!
  • Options
    I have posted several videos of me beating SLKR with GL Rey. I will continue to do so if asked.

However, I'd like to see a video of you in this fight.

So far, to be brutally honest, the fights I see of players fighting SLKR, don't know how to maximize their GL Rey.

It translates into very poor strategy and understanding of the talents.

I'm not saying you suck. No. Not at all. But I think perhaps, you don't have a good strategy.

Let me see you in the fight? Post a video. Maybe I can offer some advice.

Also, anyone saying it's EASY! Get good! -- if you aren't posting an honest take of a battle you recently did then...

NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU SAY, NO ONE BELIEVES YOU'RE ANY GOOD! PROOF! Mulitple videos...no 2nd takes. Talk talk talk... so cheap these days.

Seriously to the OP, don't let anyone say it's an easy fight. It's not. And don;t let anyone chastise you for having difficulty with this fight. It is difficult. But do NOT accept anyone's advice here who isn't willing to put proof of their own expertise on display for you to see and trust.
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »

When I've tried a similar team, what happens is SLKR goes into his ultimate, and kills off 1-3 members of my team. Often all except Rey and whoever has lifeblood (usually GS). Since GS has been stunned pretty much the whole time, my damage on the team has depended on whirlwind alone, so at best I've killed 2 members of the opposing team. With 3 still standing Rey's ultimate isn't enough to kill SLKR, and he just loops his ultimate again which fully heals him and finishes off my team. I know partly it's my lack of relics, JKR is G12+5, GK is only R3, and HODA is G12. Maybe if I had all R7's I could beat SLKR using several other legendary/journey/epic/raid characters with my Rey. But SLKR uses only FO, so Rey should be on par using only Resistance.

FIX REY AND RESISTANCE CG!

Yes gear is probably your issue. I have an R7 GK and and R3 JKR so they are much more survivable than at G12. I agree that full or almost full Res team should be good like the all FO team. They should re-work Rose Tico to be much more anti-FO so I don't feel so horrible that I took her to R5.
  • NataPda
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Yes gear is probably your issue. I have an R7 GK and and R3 JKR so they are much more survivable than at G12. I agree that full or almost full Res team should be good like the all FO team. They should re-work Rose Tico to be much more anti-FO so I don't feel so horrible that I took her to R5.
    My JKR is also r3 and GK is r7. But I found that my r3 Wat is much better than Hoda. Pre-taunt on GK saves GS from stunning. Weapon tech helps him to maximise the damage. Maybe the problem is my Rey's health (still haven't good hp arrow with speed). She is 224 with speed arrow.
    But it doesn't solve the problem. Resistance must serve much better.
  • Options
    NataPda wrote: »
    My JKR is also r3 and GK is r7. But I found that my r3 Wat is much better than Hoda. Pre-taunt on GK saves GS from stunning. Weapon tech helps him to maximise the damage. Maybe the problem is my Rey's health (still haven't good hp arrow with speed). She is 224 with speed arrow.

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but I thought your problem was a way to beat SLKR without the 5's cheese. Thats what I was offering. Is Wat instead of Hoda allowing you to beat SLKR? Maybe you should go for some more offense on Rey? I run an offense arrow and cross with a crit damage triangle, but all health sets. I agree that the Res characters should be better, at least on par with the FO characters.
  • NataPda
    38 posts Member
    Options

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but I thought your problem was a way to beat SLKR without the 5's cheese. Thats what I was offering. Is Wat instead of Hoda allowing you to beat SLKR? Maybe you should go for some more offense on Rey? I run an offense arrow and cross with a crit damage triangle, but all health sets. I agree that the Res characters should be better, at least on par with the FO characters.

How will offence help Rey? She almost does not use basics, I mean she must use Lifeblood to survive or Wirlwind to kill smb. WW and ultimate doesn't depend on her offence or I am wrong?
  • Options

How will offence help Rey? She almost does not use basics, I mean she must use Lifeblood to survive or Wirlwind to kill smb. WW and ultimate doesn't depend on her offence or I am wrong?

I thought offense affected ultimate but I could be wrong. And I was just responding to your comment on more health on her by telling you I use health sets but not health primaries. Just trying to give you an idea of my setup.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    The key to beating SLKR is to stop the team from taking turns and charging his ult. He'll get there eventually, but if you can kill the other four before he activates it, you just eat that one AOE, activate Rey's ult, and then kill him with it when it's over.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

I thought offense affected ultimate but I could be wrong. And I was just responding to your comment on more health on her by telling you I use health sets but not health primaries. Just trying to give you an idea of my setup.

You aren't wrong, the more offense, the more damage her ult will do, and will help take Kylo down if he's by himself.

I use an offense set and all offence primaries.
  • Ladas
    26 posts Member
    Options
    For what it’s worth, Rey’s ultimate can’t crit, so you might get better value from the triangle mod going with Offense or Health primary.
  • Options
    Ladas wrote: »
    For what it’s worth, Rey’s ultimate can’t crit, so you might get better value from the triangle mod going with Offense or Health primary.

Ah good point, thanks for pointing that out.
  • Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The key to beating SLKR is to stop the team from taking turns and charging his ult. He'll get there eventually, but if you can kill the other four before he activates it, you just eat that one AOE, activate Rey's ult, and then kill him with it when it's over.

and how do you do that in a resistance only team?
    i mean if i have to use stuff like jkl, jkr, gas, gk, wat or whatever to beat a full fo team then i am already at a disadvantage in gac/tw
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

i mean if i have to use stuff like jkl, jkr, gas, gk, wat or whatever to beat a full fo team then i am already at a disadvantage in gac/tw

I'm sure you can do some research. Maybe it's not Rey.
  • Options

I'm sure you can do some research. Maybe it's not Rey.

ok didnt realize you went that hard off topic here ;)
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    "maybe"
  • GunnerFCm
    154 posts Member
    Options
    Darn, came in here to see if I could get the same advice as OP, and learned that Rey, JKR, GAS, GK, Wat is the best answer. That's the team I use (although I don't have Rey's ultimate unlocked yet) and ran them through Grand Ivory's Mod Optimizer for maximum effect, and I still get smoked. I can beat a non-ultimate SLK, but if he has his ultimate, I just can't seem to get any traction before he starts spamming on that bad boy.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    IMO the ultimate is a must (although I could be wrong) because it will at least let you ignore one hit, and also if you can get everyone else down before you come out of your ult, your ult will kill him.
  • Options
    i mean even if you wouldnt need ult
    if you have to use rey jkr gas gk and wat to beat a full fo slkr you already lost
    and cg is as always silent about where they want rey to be in this game
    i kinda cant believe they are really that blind in their statistics to predict how things will play out without fives

but of course you gotta wait until the number of kylos surpass the number of reys before any action is taken
    because ...well we know...$$$
  • Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    "maybe"

well i am pretty sure there is no public footage of a ult rey vs ult kylo fo that doesnt use 501. or other meta characters like gk, wat, gas, jkl, jkr with rey

oh and even if there is something vs the buffed slkr
    its most likely speed dependant
    and you cant prepare your gac week if you dont know which speed values you would face
    if you cant time rey ult vs slkr because of missmatches in speeds you just get demolished