7* months of no new content followed by another 3

2Next

Replies

  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    The devs are dealing with power creep.

    If they make content for the 1% like LSTB for people who keep the game alive then it's not playable for the other 99%

    It's not even fully playable for the 1%, I would say DSTB was for the 1% when it came out.

    But it doesn't matter, what kind of gaming company with almost 1 billion dollars in revenue fails to produce fresh content in basically 10 months, even games like SWTOR are getting constant new raids, flash points, new stories and maps with fully voice acted cutscene's and player choices, and they made just as much money as SWGOH, except they put some of the money they earn back into the game where CG is all profit profit profit and everything is too expansive to add.
    Just look at mobile strike force, they know how to treat their player base and keep the money coming

    The problem is power creep.

    if they make new content it will be either unplayable or not a challenge because theres guilds of 7m gp each person and lots of guilds with 2m gp per person.

    So they had to spend 10 months working on a tool that automatically balances the difficulty based on each persons individual roster. Given their track record at releasing things that are "balanced" I have a bad feeling about this.

    I can see the game taking you roster then making the event one level harder to encourage spending. Like you have a relic 3 wampa but the event required relic 4.

    The next day your relic 4 wampa but now the new event you need relic 5... and so on.

    This is what I expect

    The problem isn’t power creep, we all expect that.

    The problem was the power “leap” they created with GLs.

    People have been saying this for a long time. I certainly remember people saying with Jedi Revan. And Darth Revan. And Malak. And GAS. And so on.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    4743 posts Member
    The devs are dealing with power creep.

    If they make content for the 1% like LSTB for people who keep the game alive then it's not playable for the other 99%

    It's not even fully playable for the 1%, I would say DSTB was for the 1% when it came out.

    But it doesn't matter, what kind of gaming company with almost 1 billion dollars in revenue fails to produce fresh content in basically 10 months, even games like SWTOR are getting constant new raids, flash points, new stories and maps with fully voice acted cutscene's and player choices, and they made just as much money as SWGOH, except they put some of the money they earn back into the game where CG is all profit profit profit and everything is too expansive to add.
    Just look at mobile strike force, they know how to treat their player base and keep the money coming

    the 1%? but how can they make something like TB for every level player? isn't lstb for people who can't do lsgeotb?

    oh, you think msf is good to its players. bc they tell us that they are releasing even more new op/needed chars all the time through blitz, the worst way to do it? or bc they give out some freebies when they make mistakes, sometimes? the freebie part is good imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    The devs are dealing with power creep.

    If they make content for the 1% like LSTB for people who keep the game alive then it's not playable for the other 99%

    It's not even fully playable for the 1%, I would say DSTB was for the 1% when it came out.

    But it doesn't matter, what kind of gaming company with almost 1 billion dollars in revenue fails to produce fresh content in basically 10 months, even games like SWTOR are getting constant new raids, flash points, new stories and maps with fully voice acted cutscene's and player choices, and they made just as much money as SWGOH, except they put some of the money they earn back into the game where CG is all profit profit profit and everything is too expansive to add.
    Just look at mobile strike force, they know how to treat their player base and keep the money coming

    the 1%? but how can they make something like TB for every level player? isn't lstb for people who can't do lsgeotb?

    oh, you think msf is good to its players. bc they tell us that they are releasing even more new op/needed chars all the time through blitz, the worst way to do it? or bc they give out some freebies when they make mistakes, sometimes? the freebie part is good imo

    Sandbox mode? check, permanently banning cheaters? Check, new playable content every few months? Check, communicating with the player base? Also check. So yeah MSF is better to its player base
  • Oh and don't forget live pvp @Gifafi , everything that is too expansive for CG. Somehow they can afford it
  • They also said that LS Geo TB was intended for end game content 6-12 months from "now", last summer.

    It is still mathematically impossible for any guild to get max stars in LS Geo TB. So did they mean in 6-12 months we'll start working on new ways for players to max LS Geo TB? I'm sure the lawyers will give them responses stating, "well you can still play it, so what we said is true....from a certain point of view!"

    Or perhaps the raid they put on hold was going to give us a character that would help us max out LS Geo TB and/or even have a chance of doing 4/4 more than 1-2 times in the whole event with full relic 7 teams?

    And Ki Adi Mundi "might" be a good character, especially with JK Luke, but a year later no one even has a 7* KAM yet. Why? Because of the absurd amount of RNG involved in his special mission.
  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    They also said that LS Geo TB was intended for end game content 6-12 months from "now", last summer.

    Link?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I have 2 teams that can do anything in LSGeo
    -R7 CLS team modded for arena getting 2/4 in Phase 1
    -R3 Padme GMY team gettin 1/4 in Phase 1.

    If I remodded my CLS team and took C3PO to relic I am confident I could consistently hit 3/4

    Similar for the Padme team. When I R7 them they will likely be my new arena.

    This is 2 months away but I view my paltry LSGeo performance like tier2 assault battles, something I will likely fail but might do better with thoughtfulness in modding and strategy. I just wish the frequency was greater.
  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    You could easily have clones and get 4/4 by now
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I have 2 teams that can do anything in LSGeo
    -R7 CLS team modded for arena getting 2/4 in Phase 1
    -R3 Padme GMY team gettin 1/4 in Phase 1.

    If I remodded my CLS team and took C3PO to relic I am confident I could consistently hit 3/4

    Similar for the Padme team. When I R7 them they will likely be my new arena.

    This is 2 months away but I view my paltry LSGeo performance like tier2 assault battles, something I will likely fail but might do better with thoughtfulness in modding and strategy. I just wish the frequency was greater.

    Ah no, last time I checked a gear 12 thrawn and relic 1 to 3 droids beat challenge tier 2 easily. CLS can auto the tier 2 with 1 or 2 relics. Bounty hunters with greef and mando can easily auto tier 2, gear 12 Sith can beat challenge tier 2. Relic 4 JKR can easily beat tier 2 and the only difficult one is night sisters requiring a relic 7 old daka,
    Now last time I checked relic 4 JKR team dies on wave 1. How can you even compare the difficulty?
  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    I have 2 teams that can do anything in LSGeo
    -R7 CLS team modded for arena getting 2/4 in Phase 1
    -R3 Padme GMY team gettin 1/4 in Phase 1.

    If I remodded my CLS team and took C3PO to relic I am confident I could consistently hit 3/4

    Similar for the Padme team. When I R7 them they will likely be my new arena.

    This is 2 months away but I view my paltry LSGeo performance like tier2 assault battles, something I will likely fail but might do better with thoughtfulness in modding and strategy. I just wish the frequency was greater.

    Ah no, last time I checked a gear 12 thrawn and relic 1 to 3 droids beat challenge tier 2 easily. CLS can auto the tier 2 with 1 or 2 relics. Bounty hunters with greef and mando can easily auto tier 2, gear 12 Sith can beat challenge tier 2. Relic 4 JKR can easily beat tier 2 and the only difficult one is night sisters requiring a relic 7 old daka,
    Now last time I checked relic 4 JKR team dies on wave 1. How can you even compare the difficulty?

    Last I checked, my G12 JKR/GMY/****/Jolee + R3 GK was getting 1/4 every time. You need to work on your mods or strat.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I have 2 teams that can do anything in LSGeo
    -R7 CLS team modded for arena getting 2/4 in Phase 1
    -R3 Padme GMY team gettin 1/4 in Phase 1.

    If I remodded my CLS team and took C3PO to relic I am confident I could consistently hit 3/4

    Similar for the Padme team. When I R7 them they will likely be my new arena.

    This is 2 months away but I view my paltry LSGeo performance like tier2 assault battles, something I will likely fail but might do better with thoughtfulness in modding and strategy. I just wish the frequency was greater.

    Ah no, last time I checked a gear 12 thrawn and relic 1 to 3 droids beat challenge tier 2 easily. CLS can auto the tier 2 with 1 or 2 relics. Bounty hunters with greef and mando can easily auto tier 2, gear 12 Sith can beat challenge tier 2. Relic 4 JKR can easily beat tier 2 and the only difficult one is night sisters requiring a relic 7 old daka,
    Now last time I checked relic 4 JKR team dies on wave 1. How can you even compare the difficulty?

    Last I checked, my G12 JKR/GMY/****/Jolee + R3 GK was getting 1/4 every time. You need to work on your mods or strat.

    1/4 waves means nothing, it's like saying gear 11 JKR can go 3/8 wave of challenge tier 2.
  • TVF
    24362 posts Member
    edited June 28
    TVF wrote: »
    I have 2 teams that can do anything in LSGeo
    -R7 CLS team modded for arena getting 2/4 in Phase 1
    -R3 Padme GMY team gettin 1/4 in Phase 1.

    If I remodded my CLS team and took C3PO to relic I am confident I could consistently hit 3/4

    Similar for the Padme team. When I R7 them they will likely be my new arena.

    This is 2 months away but I view my paltry LSGeo performance like tier2 assault battles, something I will likely fail but might do better with thoughtfulness in modding and strategy. I just wish the frequency was greater.

    Ah no, last time I checked a gear 12 thrawn and relic 1 to 3 droids beat challenge tier 2 easily. CLS can auto the tier 2 with 1 or 2 relics. Bounty hunters with greef and mando can easily auto tier 2, gear 12 Sith can beat challenge tier 2. Relic 4 JKR can easily beat tier 2 and the only difficult one is night sisters requiring a relic 7 old daka,
    Now last time I checked relic 4 JKR team dies on wave 1. How can you even compare the difficulty?

    Last I checked, my G12 JKR/GMY/****/Jolee + R3 GK was getting 1/4 every time. You need to work on your mods or strat.

    1/4 waves means nothing, it's like saying gear 11 JKR can go 3/8 wave of challenge tier 2.

    1/4 means more than 0/4 in TB. In a challenge tier going 7/8 is the same as 0/8. Poor arguement.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    4743 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    The devs are dealing with power creep.

    If they make content for the 1% like LSTB for people who keep the game alive then it's not playable for the other 99%

    It's not even fully playable for the 1%, I would say DSTB was for the 1% when it came out.

    But it doesn't matter, what kind of gaming company with almost 1 billion dollars in revenue fails to produce fresh content in basically 10 months, even games like SWTOR are getting constant new raids, flash points, new stories and maps with fully voice acted cutscene's and player choices, and they made just as much money as SWGOH, except they put some of the money they earn back into the game where CG is all profit profit profit and everything is too expansive to add.
    Just look at mobile strike force, they know how to treat their player base and keep the money coming

    the 1%? but how can they make something like TB for every level player? isn't lstb for people who can't do lsgeotb?

    oh, you think msf is good to its players. bc they tell us that they are releasing even more new op/needed chars all the time through blitz, the worst way to do it? or bc they give out some freebies when they make mistakes, sometimes? the freebie part is good imo

    Sandbox mode? check, permanently banning cheaters? Check, new playable content every few months? Check, communicating with the player base? Also check. So yeah MSF is better to its player base
    Oh and don't forget live pvp @Gifafi , everything that is too expansive for CG. Somehow they can afford it

    sandbox mode? do you mean blitz? hardly a sandbox mode, and awful all around **** new toons needed for uber meta are in there. permanently banning cheaters? not sure if srs, do you mean how they just, a few days ago, said they would try and stop the rampant bot cheating in blitz? as for new content do you mean having difficulty settings for raids? I agree cg should do this too, but that's hardly new content imo

    CG just announced a "sandbox" mode, just communicated, and just announced new playable content.

    live pvp in msf is an absolute joke, and no one plays it. I'm in an umbrella group with many alliances and there hasn't been one person asking to play pvp in months, ever since everyone got their free rs for trying it out.

    be serious.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I have 2 teams that can do anything in LSGeo
    -R7 CLS team modded for arena getting 2/4 in Phase 1
    -R3 Padme GMY team gettin 1/4 in Phase 1.

    If I remodded my CLS team and took C3PO to relic I am confident I could consistently hit 3/4

    Similar for the Padme team. When I R7 them they will likely be my new arena.

    This is 2 months away but I view my paltry LSGeo performance like tier2 assault battles, something I will likely fail but might do better with thoughtfulness in modding and strategy. I just wish the frequency was greater.

    Ah no, last time I checked a gear 12 thrawn and relic 1 to 3 droids beat challenge tier 2 easily. CLS can auto the tier 2 with 1 or 2 relics. Bounty hunters with greef and mando can easily auto tier 2, gear 12 Sith can beat challenge tier 2. Relic 4 JKR can easily beat tier 2 and the only difficult one is night sisters requiring a relic 7 old daka,
    Now last time I checked relic 4 JKR team dies on wave 1. How can you even compare the difficulty?

    Last I checked, my G12 JKR/GMY/****/Jolee + R3 GK was getting 1/4 every time. You need to work on your mods or strat.

    1/4 waves means nothing, it's like saying gear 11 JKR can go 3/8 wave of challenge tier 2.

    1/4 means more than 0/4 in TB. In a challenge tier going 7/8 is the same as 0/8. Poor arguement.

    Yeah sure extra 200k gp or whatever from that 1 wave, that's not my point, he is comparing light side geo TB difficulty to the difficulty of challenge tier 2
Sign In or Register to comment.