Farewell droids

HershBathens
821 posts Member
edited March 2016
I had used the poe-po droid team for the last month or so. It kept me ranked around 20 with rare top 10 finishes. Yesterday i switched to dooku speed team. Now i am rank 1 for the first time as ftp in an early December leaderboard.

I miss the droids. But they were tempermental.

Replies

• Options
    My droids are taking a beating in arena right now, so i feel for you. QGJ/yoda/taunt is giving me a lot of trouble as they all go pretty much before any droid. The taunt goes up before I get an attack in, and any offense up buff gets stolen and given to their whole team from QGJ or yoda. Add any combo of dooku/daka/GS/rey and im generally down 2 characters before my first attack. Ive been having trouble cracking top 20 lately due to jam ups of these types of teams. I just cant get around them.
  • Options
    If dooku, daka or rg stunned one or more of my droids i rarely could recover with that team. The dooku lead team with gs, ig86, qgj and rg has more ability to overcome a stun or two.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    I never ran a droid team in fact I just got 88, the only droid I have is 6* 86. Early on I focused on clones ... Fives plo koon clone sgt. Before I knew what I was doing. Since I have gotten FO team together still using Fives lumi and Poggle with phasma and Kylo. It helped me go from 600 arena to top 100-50 so far the other day I finished top 20.

But, to go beyound that it's been insane. Yes everyone's team is so much faster than mine, and even in top 50 those Dooku leads really mess with my team, I don't have enough damage to afford a miss that many times. Health wise the team holds up through the burst but if Poggle goes down or lumi goes down.., and I have missed to much the team crumbles.

I have been working on other characters as my regular FO team is max. I have Dooku 5 1/2 * GS 5 1/2* Daka 4* FOTP 4* RG 4* and 86 6*. Also Poggle .... Ahsoka and QGJ are 4* as well. But I have to say I think I am investing in Dooku lead for the top 20, will try to see how it does today. Switch around 86 and FOTP and Daka with lumi see how that works while I farm and gear everyone.
  • Options
    My Poggle (lead), 88, 86, Geo, Sid/Poe team is still able to hit top 5/ #1 on arena. But I do find that my team is doing really badly on defence and frequent bad RNG encounters with Dooku lead lately. Probably going to switch things up in like two weeks. :)
  • Options
    Jaden_Zen wrote: »
    My Poggle (lead), 88, 86, Geo, Sid/Poe team is still able to hit top 5/ #1 on arena. But I do find that my team is doing really badly on defence and frequent bad RNG encounters with Dooku lead lately. Probably going to switch things up in like two weeks. :)

I use the same but instead of Poe I use RG, much better results, I ditched HK lead a while back and can be top 5 every night still.
  • Options
    I also have started shying away from my droids. Breaks my heart. I started grinding them fairly early on before I really researched the game and they worked wonderfully. Recently I've had to go back to some other toons while watching everyone around me that was a step behind on droids start rolling out full squads about 6 weeks too late.
  • Options
    There's a couple droid teams in my top-10, HK lead, IG88, IG86, Poggle, Poe, or GS in-place of Poe. Honestly if you want to play Droids, put Dooku in at Lead instead of HK, there are a couple teams like that too. That evasion makes it hard to nuke down somebody quickly.
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Po-Po droid teams are the most **** thing in this game and here's why: They are a binary, all-or-nothing sort of team. They make speed-dps a necessity in this game because anti-droid characters are a joke, and droids will absolutely obliterate you if you just let them go first (I've even tried with the tankiest teams possible).

Hopefully with the upcoming meta changes, they will be strong, but not broken and maybe anti-droid characters will get some love (yay Ugnaught!)
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    All irrelevant if the entire team dodges whatever you throw out them (and gets powered up in return). Droids have been crap for a long time now.
  • Options
    Droids were high risk but high reward. Now they are all risk. I was winning 2 out if 5 battles before i switched to dooku team.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @HershBathens
    RG will make droids great again! *yes, that was a political joke*

But seriously, he helps considerably. Poggle leader, ig86, ig88, RG, GS.
    That team may still get you to top tier. But, yea, gone are the days of hk47 leader
  • Options
    I'm still able to rank in top 5 with some days maintaining rank 1. I switch between the HK led, 88, 86, Poe, poggle setup to poggle led, poe, 88, 86, Lumi teams. It's a pain and my win to loss is around 480 wins 230 losses in a mid November starting shard. But I've been fighting in top 10-20 rankings since the first week so still pretty good. If you have a 7 star GS you can go poggle, Poe, GS, 88, 86 and it's a very very good team as well
  • Options
    Droids will probably become useful again with the new meta and the addition of fortitude. If people are unable to one shot IG88 and then RG taunts to protect 88, that alone can win a battle for a droid team because 88 can AoE and ability block all enemy toons.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it a droid team, but i get 500 gems daily from Poggle(L),Gs,ig86,Rey,Poe. Having rey instead of 88 makes the team completely viable; 86, gs and Rey reliably hit for 15k with poggle.
    {RotE}
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Droids will probably become useful again with the new meta and the addition of fortitude. If people are unable to one shot IG88 and then RG taunts to protect 88, that alone can win a battle for a droid team because 88 can AoE and ability block all enemy toons.

This is exactly what I have been thinking. I also think HK lead will be huge at level 80 with 50% turn meter gain on a crit.