How far to take phoenix?

Saxguru
51 posts Member
I have thrawn 7*. My phoenix is gear 8 and 9. Should I level them any more? I got a hyperdrive bundle so I have a lot of good toons I am working on.

Replies

  • Gifafi
    4534 posts Member
    I wouldn't, since you have thrawn 7*. It really just matters if you want to do rebels for ships. Ezra is a...decent jedi for a last jedi on a team but I've never been much of a fan of him. #1 thing to do is focus, so since you got the hyperdrive you don't want to just start working on a bunch of different things

    I'm not sure what's in hyperdirve tbh, but seps are still great for ships and getting padme, fwiw
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Zanir
    54 posts Member
    Unless you really like phoenix, their role is to get you Thrawn and taking them beyong g8 (stunguns) is a waste. I've seen some beastly relic phoenix squads but you have to commit to g13. G12 Phoenix is a joke.
  • Zanir wrote: »
    Unless you really like phoenix, their role is to get you Thrawn and taking them beyong g8 (stunguns) is a waste. I've seen some beastly relic phoenix squads but you have to commit to g13. G12 Phoenix is a joke.

    Are they actually decent if you relic them? I played against one in arena for a while. 4 zetas, all g12. They had me by 25k up or so, but I would destroy them easily with my empire squad.
  • Now that Home One no longer rules fleet arena, there is little point in gearing Phoenix beyond the necessary minimum. Ezra can be useful to fill up a JKR team when GK is needed elsewhere, or a CLS team when R2 and/or 3PO are not an option. I'm often glad to have him at g13, but I wouldn't recommend gearing him to a newer player. There are so many other priorities early on.
  • if you got the hyperdrive bundle you should put all your energy in nightsisters. That's what i did and i routinely crack top 50 in arena. They can easily take out even JKR teams with higher GP, and Padme teams of equal power. Just don't attack any empire of DR squads
  • It is just a waste of gear. However you do know that you can also unlock Palpatine with them right? They are useful as a def team in GAC but not for much else.
  • you can unlock thrawn, palpatine, yoda, bb8, and r2d2 instantly with hyperdrive. go do it.
  • you can unlock thrawn, palpatine, yoda, bb8, and r2d2 instantly with hyperdrive. go do it.

    He said he already bought the hyperdrive bundle. :D
    Saxguru wrote: »
    I got a hyperdrive bundle so I have a lot of good toons I am working on.

  • Rebmes
    171 posts Member
    you can unlock thrawn, palpatine, yoda, bb8, and r2d2 instantly with hyperdrive. go do it.

    He said he already bought the hyperdrive bundle. :D
    Saxguru wrote: »
    I got a hyperdrive bundle so I have a lot of good toons I am working on.

    It doesn't just "give" them to you -.-
  • TheMaster12345
    156 posts Member
    edited July 7
    Rebmes wrote: »
    you can unlock thrawn, palpatine, yoda, bb8, and r2d2 instantly with hyperdrive. go do it.

    He said he already bought the hyperdrive bundle. :D
    Saxguru wrote: »
    I got a hyperdrive bundle so I have a lot of good toons I am working on.

    It doesn't just "give" them to you -.-

    Never said that the hyperdrive bundle just gives you the legendary characters... but ok.
  • Gifafi
    4534 posts Member
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Zanir wrote: »
    Unless you really like phoenix, their role is to get you Thrawn and taking them beyong g8 (stunguns) is a waste. I've seen some beastly relic phoenix squads but you have to commit to g13. G12 Phoenix is a joke.

    Are they actually decent if you relic them? I played against one in arena for a while. 4 zetas, all g12. They had me by 25k up or so, but I would destroy them easily with my empire squad.

    no, no and no. also, no. ps no. pps do not relic them, unless you like losing, a lot.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Zanir wrote: »
    Unless you really like phoenix, their role is to get you Thrawn and taking them beyong g8 (stunguns) is a waste. I've seen some beastly relic phoenix squads but you have to commit to g13. G12 Phoenix is a joke.

    Are they actually decent if you relic them? I played against one in arena for a while. 4 zetas, all g12. They had me by 25k up or so, but I would destroy them easily with my empire squad.

    no, no and no. also, no. ps no. pps do not relic them, unless you like losing, a lot.

    Wasn't planning on it, just curious.
  • Saxguru
    51 posts Member
    Rebmes wrote: »
    you can unlock thrawn, palpatine, yoda, bb8, and r2d2 instantly with hyperdrive. go do it.

    He said he already bought the hyperdrive bundle. :D
    Saxguru wrote: »
    I got a hyperdrive bundle so I have a lot of good toons I am working on.

    It doesn't just "give" them to you -.-

    Definitely speeds things up.
Sign In or Register to comment.