Rey going forward

After what seemed like forever, I finally got Rey to 6* today. Before I work towards her 7th, I'm wondering if there is a general consensus on Rey going forward -- to level 80, and into an eventual
meta shift. She's an absolute STUD on my current arena team (finish top 3 daily), but I feel like the resources I've been spending on her (180 energy and 50 crystals per day) would actually be much better served going towards gear right now.

Anyone in a similar position or feel strongly one way or the other?

Replies

• Options
    I got her to 7* a while ago, and there isn't a huge difference between 6 and 7... I'd still farm her nodes, but no refreshes, or even hold off on the nodes if there is gear you need right away. i think she will be even better after the level cap increase, but in the following 2 weeks they will release a new update that changes everything, so it's hard to tell what will happen after that.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    It's just a guess right now. Wait a couple days for the patch and we should have a better idea. That being said, I am still farming her like always.
  • Options
    She has very high speed, which was mentioned speed characters will get a damage reduction, logic is since they attack more often, their hits should be less hard. Impossible to know for now but she will still be top tier for sure, people would flip if not lol
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    She has very high speed, which was mentioned speed characters will get a damage reduction, logic is since they attack more often, their hits should be less hard. Impossible to know for now but she will still be top tier for sure, people would flip if not lol

She should get some sort of damage reduction because of her speed but her base damage actually isn't that high, it's mostly because of the skills and % upgrades on those so I don't think it would get lowered too much if it's on base stats. And even if the she did, the fortitude thing might let her survive longer than one turn and by then she could get foresight.
    It's all guess stuff until we get more info about the update but I think she'll still be alright overall
  • Options
    DV_27 wrote: »

She should get some sort of damage reduction because of her speed but her base damage actually isn't that high, it's mostly because of the skills and % upgrades on those so I don't think it would get lowered too much if it's on base stats. And even if the she did, the fortitude thing might let her survive longer than one turn and by then she could get foresight.
    It's all guess stuff until we get more info about the update but I think she'll still be alright overall

thats a good point, and i agree her character has a nice makeup so if damage is reduced slightly she will still be quite deadly, as you mentioned. I dont have the patience for her long grind, but those who do should be rewarded handedly
  • Options
    DV_27 wrote: »

thats a good point, and i agree her character has a nice makeup so if damage is reduced slightly she will still be quite deadly, as you mentioned. I dont have the patience for her long grind, but those who do should be rewarded handedly

Unless they decide to nerf her hard, then put her in cantina shipments. I'm guessing she will at least show up on a cantina node with the 80 cap increase.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information