So how much $ ?

Prev13
I'm curious to see how much paper people have spent on this. I see it can be costly to actually get the better characters. Think that's why I'm at a sticking point, lol.

Replies

• Options
    All the pennies in my piggy bank.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I just spent my first 4.99 on the crystal special. That's it. This game can move as fast as you want or as slow for that matter. I bet most people don't spend anything. If you keep playing you can get characters fast. I got a 4* bariss and a 4* Old Daka from my free bronzium cards. Both of which are awesome players in my opinion.
  • Options
    Loce wrote: »
    I just spent my first 4.99 on the crystal special. That's it. This game can move as fast as you want or as slow for that matter. I bet most people don't spend anything. If you keep playing you can get characters fast. I got a 4* bariss and a 4* Old Daka from my free bronzium cards. Both of which are awesome players in my opinion.

I agree I've done the same. I've received a 4* Barriss, Bobba, and Datcha from the Bronzium pack.
  • Options
    I'm curious to see how much paper people have spent on this. I see it can be costly to actually get the better characters. Think that's why I'm at a sticking point, lol.

I've read elsewhere that folks have sunk upwards of $7000 on obtaining and maxing out Darth Maul, or some other Chromium-only character.
  • Options
    I was going to spend first $ on crystal special... but I've bought droids for crystals yesterday and didn't get them, so now I seriously doubt I'll put any money in the game.
  • Options
    When it comes to freemium games....it's good to just set a limit to how much you want to spend, or the basement of what you would like to achieve, and stop about there. And if you are not gunning to be top, and accept otaku whalers or genius f2p will beat you, then it will be fine.

I do that for Marvel Future Fight, and only spend when new character packs come in.

BTW, nice to see a fellow countryman, @The_Singapore ;)
  • Options
    Bout..... almost $400.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    $6.49 NZD so far. The crystal booster pack. So $30/month for probably a few months at least. And I may buy a new character pack if they weren't so darn expensive. Darth Maul, $20 with shards to 5* and I'll buy it right now. A new Nightsister, $15 I'll buy it right now. Various $5-$10 single heroes I'll buy them. But I won't spend $50-150 on character packs. Little and often will get more money from me.

*Excluding Darth Maul I'd only buy them if they were farmable.

A few dollars here and there for skins, I'd pay $1 to change my sabre colour even though it's completely pointless, stuff like this will get lots and lots of money out of me as I enjoy it so much. I'll spend $1 100 times before I spend $50 once.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yeah no kidding. I was pretty surprised to see Kylo Ten and Finn (I think) was going for $99.99. Whoa! I'm not against spending money, especially while having this much fun, but that's definitely too much for me.
  • Options
    Yeah no kidding. I was pretty surprised to see Kylo Ten and Finn (I think) was going for $99.99. Whoa!
    Worth every penny. Not literally. Still, Kylo is a really enjoyable character to use, despite the fact that I give zero "cares" (gotta love this playpen of a forum and its censors) about him as a character and his generic, edgy Darksider design for the new film. Apparently having the treasure trove of Sith Lords in the extended universe wasn't enough for Disney. We will likely never have a Darth Revan hero in this game, despite him being the epitome of cool and "badaxe" looking Sith characters in the Star Wars universe.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    $5 for subscription pack for me. One finally showed up and I bought it.

It's a small price to pay for a game I play so often.
  • Options
    Yeah no kidding. I was pretty surprised to see Kylo Ten and Finn (I think) was going for $99.99. Whoa!
    Worth every penny. Not literally. Still, Kylo is a really enjoyable character to use, despite the fact that I give zero "cares" (gotta love this playpen of a forum and its censors) about him as a character and his generic, edgy Darksider design for the new film. Apparently having the treasure trove of Sith Lords in the extended universe wasn't enough for Disney. We will likely never have a Darth Revan hero in this game, despite him being the epitome of cool and "badaxe" looking Sith characters in the Star Wars universe.

Spoilers much?
  • Options
    55 EUR
    25 EUR Droid bundle, 2*5 EUR subscription, 1*20 EUR on 8x Chromium (Old Ben, Resistance Pilot)
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    $0
    Ranked around 130
  • Options
    $1300. Around $1299.99 to much.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    WhipiT wrote: »

Why do you say so? Are you not enjoying the game any more? Not being snarky, honestly curious. I thought you liked it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I've spent $175. Wish I would've bought the droid pack but didn't. Didn't have the opportunity to buy Dooku, but would've.

Hmmm, Darth Maul *5 for $20?? Sign me up. I'd pay a lot more than that cause he's the one character I want, and will never have until he's farmable. I doubt I'd even use him except in PvE but I collect characters lol.
  • Options
    You can build a team and compete as a free player and still enjoy the game. I am always in the top 50 on my server, so can you!!!
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    WhipiT wrote: »

Why do you say so? Are you not enjoying the game any more? Not being snarky, honestly curious. I thought you liked it.

I like the game. What I don't like is hackers who can breeze through to #1 in arena anytime they choose with a 5k power team. I don't like that they advance through the PVE with a 5k power team when I had to spend 100s to equip a crew to finish the campaigns. I don't like that they spend time and resources adding new money pit characters packs, nerfing and buffing and creating conpensation packs...all the while hackers are running rampant in an unfinished game. I was threatened with having myself banned by EA if I nade anymore posts about the hackers. So yeh as a paying customer I'm not very happy.
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @WhipiT forgot your post on that. Understandable. This is a big company, they should know better and have the resources to deal with the issue. Hopefully they will soon.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    $30...Dooku pack, one $20 crystal pack, and the $5 sub.
  • Options
    $0, currently ranked in the 100s. The highest position held was about 130. I am sticking to a few key characters and trying to get enough shards to max them out.
  • Options
    All of the bundles and subscriptions and three of the £15 crystal packs.

Please nobody tell my wife.
  • Options
    I may have dumpled $180 in Crystals, and the Doku, Droid and Heroine pack. Could be close to $300. I did enjoy accelerating progress a bit to the scale down spending. I am burning maybe $50 mo in Crystals, but have scaled down enourmously after I reached level 60. I don't feel like I need to rush anymorr nice my A-Team is capped, and replacing any char is marginal.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    MackemSLAM wrote: »
    All of the bundles and subscriptions and three of the £15 crystal packs.

Please nobody tell my wife.

Lol bro I feel you. My wife has played this game since 2 weeks after soft launch. Has spent maybe 20 dollars. I started playing a week before global launch and spent over a grand. Needless to say when she found out not only did it reinforce her point that Im the most impatient person in the world.....she makes it a point to bring it up to friends or new people we meet to bring up the fact her "grown husband" spent that much on a star wars game. So yeh. Ill never drop another dime on any game. Not worth the embarrassment.
  • Options
    5 bucks for the crystal booster. But thats it. Its a low cost game , not a Aaa console game with lots of content.
  • Options
    R$10 for the Dooku pack when I started playing (between $USD 2.5 and 5, exchange rates floating too much these days). I am enjoying the game so much. I'm considering the crystal 7-day subscription to recover some crystals I've spent with cards, energy refreshes and the like. The outcome of the pack I brought was nice: unlocked 3 full characters out of chromium packs.

I'm not rushing to get 1º ranking on arena (I'm in the range of 700º and 400º, but I'm happy with this), and I'm doing the daily activities, well, daily! So this gives me a lot of resources to improve the crew. I'm not farming much for stars at the moment, but I'll do so for some characters in order to keep a good position on arena. I'm farming just resources to gear up the characters, and trying to level them up to keep around my player level; stars upgrades are currently a side effect to me as I find them when looking for gears.

I don't plan to spend more on the game, but may eventually spend some with crystals or some cheap packs (characters, crystals) in the future if they arise.

Hope the game don't start to get full of propaganda anytime soon, that would be really sad so see, and also something that motivated me to spend some cash in order to help fund the game.

One thing that I would like to ask to other P2P: how much a crystal pack improves in the squad? I mean, does it worth spending some money to level/gear up characters? How do you spend the crystals to acomplish that? I'm considering a plan to upgrade my main character squad to use it as a daily driver in the Arena, but I'm afraid I'll have to speed too much to acomplish that.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    Between $300 and $400 USD.. I'm about done spending now, at least for a couple months. It got me the characters I wanted - got me Vader quickly, Old Ben (5*), Leia(4*), Lando, QuiGon(4*), Windu, Aayla, Tarkan, Bane, Koon, Fisto, helped me star up Lumi, as well as those from Heroine bundle. Plus it helped me advance my character quicker, which thigh it doesn't really do anything in the end has still been fun getting into epic tiers in less than a month.
  • Haider
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Spent around $1100 on a game that lasted me around 20 days.
    Bored with the snipe-fest hacker filled PVP.
    Post edited by Haider on
    Haider Level 60. Active player add me: 793-693-543