When is the Level 80 cap coming?

Prev1
Slayer
46 posts Member
Will it be on Thursday like previous updates? Just wondering if anything knows and I missed a thread.

Replies

• Options
    We don't know yet. Jesse said sometime this week.
  • Jumbopeanuts
    122 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Johnnyudes wrote: »
    We don't know yet. Jesse said sometime this week.

You missed out the weasel words that were there to make sure the statement isn't a promise. they are only "aiming" for this week
  • Options
    This is why i decided to not bank energy. No one knows when level cap will rise.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they wait a tad. I'm still trying to get some other characters maxed out before then. Plus, Collecting all the necessary 50 mats for certain gear slots is a B.
  • Options
    Hopefully today! I'm tired of waiting.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Probably Thursday because that's when I'm going to hit 70.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Started to bank with 50-50-100 today aiming for Thursday
    {RotE}
  • Options
    CatoNines wrote: »
    Hopefully today! I'm tired of waiting.

This. I would have prefer if they wauted a bit, but now that we know that it is coming I would simply want them to confirm a specific day for it to happen. As it is now, I'm not banking energy, but everyday I try to always stay almost full + not do the daily challenges before the end of it, just in case that the update is coming. I just want that waiting time to be done already.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Banking energy seems an odd tactic for the majority of players (except for whales, perhaps). The amount of energy you can bank is limited to about 3k (2k mission +1k cantina). Dailies give about a 1k bonus in XP, so, at best (and only if you bank the max) you are getting a 3 day "boost". But the cost seems rather high:

1) To bank max energy would take about 4 days (presuming the "usual" 50/50 + 100 refreshes).

2) You are giving up 200 crystals in those 4 days + 30k credits/day (so 120k total) and about 10 low level training droids/day - all from the daily achievements.

3) You are also giving up 4 days worth of cantina/mission shards + credits/gear. That's typically 5 shards in cantina ships/ day (so 20 total) + the 33% shards you're actually farming - so as many as 10 more shards a day if you're farming an "easy" cantina node w/1 refresh.

Now, some might argue that you aren't truly "losing" some of those benefits (specifically in point 3) - just delaying them. But isn't that really all relative? You're simply slowing down 1 timeline (shards + gear) to speed up another (level) - and all by about the same number of days.

With no changes to the meta coming in the update, I just don't see the rationale in banking energy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    According to Team Instinct the three 45 bonus energy you get daily will stack on top of the cap.
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    Thursday or Friday with a friendly message "Client needs to be restarted" right when are you are doing PVP :D
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Banking energy for a minimal head start=Nonsense. You're losing timed free energy. This game is supposed to take time even if you're one week quicker than me to 80 with this method it won't mean anything as we will all be sitting @ 80 for months just grinding.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    I cant afford to bank energy since it will take me a week to farm each of Rey's 3 pos item at g8
  • Options
    I dont even need it soon
  • Options
    We're aiming to get the level cap to 80 out this Thursday. If this changes I'll be sure to let everyone know.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    We're aiming to get the level cap to 80 out this Thursday. If this changes I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Thank you Jesse.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

Great thanks @EA_Jesse ps What the heck is up with that level/gear promotion. Huge rip off.
  • Options

Nice. how about the return of Yoda event?
  • Options
    Thanks Jesse. Looking forward to it.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you Jesse
  • Options
    Thank you for the info
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »

Great thanks @EA_Jesse ps What the heck is up with that level/gear promotion. Huge rip off.

Really? If you don't like it, don't buy it.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks Jesse
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    darkensoul wrote: »

Really? If you don't like it, don't buy it.

No one will that's why I'm asking
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So should we start saving gold and stuff?
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    Banking energy for a minimal head start=Nonsense. You're losing timed free energy. This game is supposed to take time even if you're one week quicker than me to 80 with this method it won't mean anything as we will all be sitting @ 80 for months just grinding.
    Exactly! I want to enjoy leveling the normal way. No hurry here :)
  • Options
    When is the level cap suppose to happen?

31st but what time?
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    thanks Jesse
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Still dont feel ready yet, would of preferred a new mode instead. But thanks for at least putting some work into the game.
  • Jeff
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone know if we will be getting the update notes today or after it launches?