Odd AI decision stories...

Sometimes you cannot help but feel sorry for the AI.

1.) I have Anakin on my squad, every time he hits chewy for a "no heal/no buffs" he STILL does his roar, which at that point would only give him 25% chance to gain 25% turn meter. Maybe he really wants to go again that bad instead of shoot?
2.) Going up against a Urrogrrgurrr, it looks like even if he is alone (no other Tuskens) he will try to give himself turn meter gains for [95% or 100%] to next turn.
3.) Aayla: Even at full heath does her "health steal special move" which she might need the next turn. I would rather a chance at a stun and an assist!
4.) Boba Fett vs Maul: I was up against a Boba that was first killed by my Maul. He revived and I killed him 3 times in a row, hilarious. (Although not really an AI thing.)
5.) For some reason the opponents Dooku went for my Dooku. He hit twice. Then mine went for a 4-in-a-row and killed the poor opponent.
6.) Darth Vader attempted to hit my Rey (who had foresight) with his lightsaber toss. My other allies had 2-5 dots.
7.) Ventress: She does her buff removal when she has full health, only to get rid of Rey's foresight. This seems like a waste, every time she does that too me I sign in relief. Especially when she could have done an AOE that would kill one of my toons.
8.) Applying a no-heal buff on someone in yellow/red health and then seeing 3 opposing toons in a row waste their heals.

Replies

• LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    You can just say AI always prioritizes using specials over basic attacks.
  • Options
    LMYYYKS wrote: »
    You can just say AI always prioritizes using specials over basic attacks.

Ahh well yes, for 1 (partially), 2, 3, 6(partially) and 7(partially) you are correct. Some have to do with the decisions on who they hit too, just funny/aggravating sometimes.
  • Options
    If the AI became smart, you can throw Arena and GW out of the game. The only alternative to a bad AI is live P2P.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    With the new changes to Ahsoka, she often goes first and uses Protective Manoeuvre on a full-health hero, healing my already-full-health team in the process.

Mace pretty much never attacks the hero he temporarily exposes, making Shatterpoint useless.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    My favorite happened this morning in GW. I was facing a team with Lumi + JC (and three others - who I had already disposed of). A turn or two earlier, I had heal-blocked Lumi with Sid. Beginning of the current turn, Sid heal blocks JC. My other heroes all take some whacks - and both Lumi & JC are at red health and heal blocked, but they finally get to act:

1) Lumi tries to heal the two of them. Which of course does nothing, as they are both heal blocked.
    2) JC then tries to...heal both of them. Which of course does nothing, as they are both heal blocked.

I laughed out loud (a little maniacally, as I wanted to see if they would actually both try it) - and them promptly used Sid's AoE to crush them both.

Also feel sorry for the AI when it's his 1 versus all 5 of mine - and he takes his final turn to heal himself...and then stands there as the 5 of my heroes rip him apart.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Laksya
    19 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lol, it does make me wonder why they have intelligence factored into a heroes' skills because no matter how much you level them up they still make these silly basic decisions. At Level 65 you would think general healers should at least know not to try and heal when that buff is on. Do we have an explanation anywhere on how this intelligence thing is meant to work or is it just a pretty stat they have included to make us think that our heroes will make better choices? :persevere:
  • Options
    My favorite was when I was facing a team in GW with Ackbar and Chewie. They were the only two left. Chewie taunts. Ackbar, ironically, does Tactical Genius, giving Chewie full turn meter and removing his one turn taunt. Chewie does Defiant Roar. I kill Ackbar. I kill Chewie.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    garublador wrote: »
    My favorite was when I was facing a team in GW with Ackbar and Chewie. They were the only two left. Chewie taunts. Ackbar, ironically, does Tactical Genius, giving Chewie full turn meter and removing his one turn taunt. Chewie does Defiant Roar. I kill Ackbar. I kill Chewie.

The AI is awesome at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It's hard to watch battles on Auto, even when you know you're going to win - the AI just loves to take the scenic route.
  • Options
    Just seen one I have to share because it really made me laugh, Bariss Offee only one left standing using the equalise health skill hahaha OMG still giggling at that :D and BTW have to disagree with an earlier comment that heroes will always use special skills when available, ahsoka annoyingly does, not following either criteria of healing party or dealing double damage when at 50% below health whereas savage opress frustratingly does not! He faithfully waits till an enemy is under 50% health and wastes it when just a nudge was needed and he could have wiped them out with it when they were at full health anyhow.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Daka will typically refuse to heal party members in the red, trading a 100% chance to heal now for a 25% chance to bring them back later. She's NOT a reliable healer if you want to auto battle through GW. I learned it the hard way.
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    4.) Boba Fett vs Maul: I was up against a Boba that was first killed by my Maul. He revived and I killed him 3 times in a row, hilarious. (Although not really an AI thing.)
    Only 3?
    I've had him pop back up 5 times in a row.
  • Options
    garublador wrote: »

Thats awesome ha.
    Djbz wrote: »
    Only 3?
    I've had him pop back up 5 times in a row.

Yeah, I have seen him pop up more before but this time it was Maul and him, so he would get full meter for every kill in an epic back and forth. Well no forth, just Maul hitting back.
  • Options
    This morning the opposing QGJ did a Humbling Blow on my ST Han...before he had a chance to taunt.

• Options
    Challenges on auto are bad. They attack the droids
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I like using my 7* Savage vs. teams with Sid. First thing Sid does is his AoE, which grants Savage Offense Up. Savage then stomps Sid (or Dooku, if he's around), usually killing him. If I'm really lucky, Sid's AoE applies DoT and I get another free Offence up on Savage's next turn.