Anybody notice drop rates increasing!!

Prev1
Last four days drop rates have been phenomenal. Two sets of blow dryers and various other ten price gear sets in 24 refreshes ( that's my best calculation anyway). I know, I know rng!!! I've never had that kind of luck before

Replies

• Options
    I haven't seen the gear drop rates improve, but my character shard drop rates have been exceptional on hard nodes. I have assumed it was random luck, but maybe not...
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    It's all RNG. Two days ago I spent nearly 300 energy without getting a single purple. Then I got 6 purples in a row.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Nope.
  • Options
    I've experienced the low drop rates and have been completely frustrated. I remember Trying to get cuffs for qui gonn. Took an entire week with four refreshes a day to complete. This was definately not that. It was like a drop every other spin. I'll take it as rng since no one else is experiencing the same.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    There's also a thread about drop rates being nerfed....which I think makes it clear that they are constant and people are just at different ends of the RNG. But since since this is the forums, please, don't let me (or logic, or facts) stand in the way of superstition, confirmation bias or conspiracy theories. Have fun. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    It's all RNG. Two days ago I spent nearly 300 energy without getting a single purple. Then I got 6 purples in a row.

Ditto - 6 purple Mk8 Blastek prototypes in a row last night. I almost dropped my tablet.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    nope
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Confirmed. Drop rates are increasing/decreasing/staying the same. I am 100% sure of these findings.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    Confirmed. Drop rates are increasing/decreasing/staying the same. I am 100% sure of these findings.

Not sure if accurate. Conspiracy theory unclear.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Ive noticed more shards on hard nodes as of late but likely just balancing from previous crappy runs of rng luck
  • Haihs
    151 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sometimes I get 6 shards out of 6 tries, and then 0/0 so its all RNG.

And gear always get garbage or no the one I need, so I stop caring on getting them fast I just habe a lot of patience now
    Post edited by Haihs on
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    [SNIP]
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by Afista on
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Not at all. I'm going for those horrible Mk II bacta gel things for the fourth time in a row and it's worse than ever. Just went through an entire refresh and didn't get one. They've been the hardest gear items to get for me.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Well played.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Same as always
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    Totally RNG as usual. Yesterday was bad for me and today very good.
  • Options
    I'd say rng but I have noticed it rng increase to maybe 33% consistent atm course the next few days could be horrible
  • Options
    Eh, today was a garbage day 1-18 for Rey, and 1-6 for Ewok Elder... And about the same yesterday. Nothing is different...
  • Options
    I've noticed a trend recently where I get more shards from Hard mode missions than I get from normal difficulty missions, will keep you updated with my findings
  • Options
    No
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options

+1

I still have NO CLUE what RNG means.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    No
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

+1

Random Number Generator. It refers to anything that's based on a random chance in games, like drops or abilities (evasion).
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options

+1

Random Number Generator. It refers to anything that's based on a random chance in games like drops or abilities (evasion).

THANK YOU! Salute to you, sir. That's been boggling my mind since I joined here.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've noticed a huge increase on the Rey and RG nodes. I've been averaging 3-4 a day out of 9 over the pat week or so, whereas before it was at 1 if I was lucky. I've also had a 6/6 on the RG nodes recently. The dooku node in cantina also picked up and I've since finished him. I'm sure this is me going through a good patch right now, I can tell I'll get terrible RNG coming may way soon. :s I'm dreading when that happens. :D
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    So far today I think I had a 6/6 on GS in Cantina. I was shocked. RG was being temperamental.
  • Options
    My GS farm wasn't great today. 7/36. That's the lowest rate I've had for him on both accounts. I'm on 8/65 now.
  • Options

+1

Random Number Generator. It refers to anything that's based on a random chance in games like drops or abilities (evasion).

THANK YOU! Salute to you, sir. That's been boggling my mind since I joined here.

Google? :wink:
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

+1

What's Google?
  • Options

+1

What's Google?

Not sure really. I would have to Yahoo it.