a fix of a counter against gl kylo DURING a running TW?

Chapeau!

Replies

• Options
    The rest of the update looked so great, then that little side note about the AI change made me shake my head. Coming during the attack phase of TW and GAC running too... and not even explaining what exactly they changed in detail, if it has influences on other counters etc.
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Surprise mechanic bruh.
  • jedibaer71
    576 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @CadoaBane
    i tried it out in arena, kylo used his aoe and went in his ultimate mode asap. - how it should be and how it should work! no question!
    but:
    please not during a running tw, when one guild was able to use the „fives-counter“ for the other front-kylo-wall, and no chance for the other guild to use this counter against the kylo-back-wall after the update...
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Another buff for Kylo to try to force Rey users to spend to get Kylo to be able to compete in arena. Why did they even bother releasing Rey?
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    Options
    It’s like the stocks say always buy kylo.
  • Options
    Besteve wrote: »

stocks definitely say don't invest in GS or 501st now
    the constant updates and buffs to kylo have severely devalued General Skywalker.
    if you have a choice between GS and Darth Malak for your GET1? Go Malak.
    Malak will be viable in the meta for a long time but GS didn't even get 6 months.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    I expect a certain degree of shadiness from mobile games but you, CG... you have raised that bar to new heights... or should I say... lowered it to new lows?
  • Options
    Malevolan wrote: »

the constant updates and buffs to kylo have severely devalued General Skywalker.
    Malak will be viable in the meta for a long time but GS didn't even get 6 months.

Too bad any Rey counters to slkr rely on GAS...
  • Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    Malevolan wrote: »

Too bad any Rey counters to slkr rely on GAS...

Don't worry, CG will fix those too, so that Kylo can only be beaten in mirror matches.
  • Options
    This is how CG cares about playerbase.

Just money, money, money, money

No game balance, no fun, no lore respect.

They spit on everything if it can give us more bucks.

Shame
  • Options
    Yeah, screw this. This is my next opponent of course:
    qkb3vb14eooi.png

Good thing I also kept the necessary ingredients for this counter team.
    3gphj8n9p4r7.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY3RJ4wcZrE
    There is always a counter. Not as reliable as the Fives cheese, but pretty much 2 out of 3 at high relic levels.
  • Options
    Yeah and without Rey.
    Rey is **** useless
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, screw this. This is my next opponent of course:
    qkb3vb14eooi.png

Good thing I also kept the necessary ingredients for this counter team.
    3gphj8n9p4r7.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY3RJ4wcZrE
    There is always a counter. Not as reliable as the Fives cheese, but pretty much 2 out of 3 at high relic levels.

True - but how many GAC teams were harmed in the making of this video? :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Stop using the cheese counter in gac. You knew it wasnt intended working mechanic.... are you really suprised they didnt wait for you to exploit it again to fix it?

That should be a "it was fun while it lasted" counter. No reason to be upset it was fixed as it should have been
  • Options
    While I agree that a better timing would have been either during the TW sign up phase or after TW end, because of the tide possibly being turned mid TW solely based on the zone in which Kylo was placed, I honestly can't feel sorry for those that planned their entire GAC week around it.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    People keep griping that they "keep buffing Kylo" and "Rey sucks now" and the overwhelming majority of my arena shard is still Reys, who have no problem beating Kylo. :#
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    People keep griping that they "keep buffing Kylo" and "Rey sucks now" and the overwhelming majority of my arena shard is still Reys, who have no problem beating Kylo. :#

I think at least part of that though is because most of the frustration is related to GAC or TW (as is this thread). In arena, it doesn't matter that for Rey to be at her best requires at least 2+ other members from other teams (often GSky + JKR/Wat). Whereas SLKR can do just fine with all FO.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

I think at least part of that though is because most of the frustration is related to GAC or TW (as is this thread). In arena, it doesn't matter that for Rey to be at her best requires at least 2+ other members from other teams (often GSky + JKR/Wat). Whereas SLKR can do just fine with all FO.

And so far only a single person I got matched with kept Rey for offense. She goes into defense (tenacity modded and with Zarriss if you wanna shut down the Vader counter) with mostly resistance and eats up either SLKR or a counter team (just like SLKR would eat up a counter team if the SLKR player would set him on defense).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg