TW defense squad # question

What is the algorithm that determines the number of squads guilds are able to set per territory for Territory Wars? Where could I be directed to locate this information?

I've read people discussing the squad number situation for arguments regarding sandbagging, but I'm mostly interested in simply tapping into this body of knowledge. How do you know how many participants are in the TW from the number of defense squads one is able to set?

For reference, if needed, my guild has 46/48 TW participants and an active GP of 222,000,000.
According to swgoh.gg, our opponent has a guild GP of 258KK (48 profiles of 49 members, if that matters). We were able to set 21 squads or fleets per territory for defense. What determined this number? Thanks for any assistance!

Replies

• chuckrambo
    85 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Depending which guild has the lowest amount of members join TW, it's half of that.

So if a guild only has 32 join both sides field 16 squads per zone

You'll only know how many participants the enemy has if the number is less than yours.
  • Options
    Its half the number of the lowest participation rounded up. GP doesn't play a factor in it.
  • Options
    Thank you both.
This discussion has been closed.