graphic in-combat update

Can anyone explain why are characters flashing in combat at the start of each turn?

No, they are not healing passively, it is not a healing animation.
Nor are they gaining buffs or debuffs.
And they are not taking any passive dmg.

To my understanding characters flash even when there is no interaction happening between them and the active character on turn.

Generally speaking i would rate this flashing 9/10 annoying but if it actually has some meaning then i might be okay with that.

Replies

• DubbQ
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe because of a passive leader or opponent leader effect or something. I think there is almost always some sort of effect on any character at any turn
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    It's definitely new though, and I agree it's annoying.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I noticed it but it isn’t that annoying. I got used to it and didn’t notice it from time to time.
  • Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why are characters flashing in combat at the start of each turn?

I think it indicates exactly that, the start of their turn. Nothing else of significance.

• Options

I think it indicates exactly that, the start of their turn. Nothing else of significance.

I've noticed everyone flash at the start of anyone's turn.
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    The flashing of all the characters in this "green aurora" or whatever it is is quite annoying.

When you click on chat, it like... notches down and isn't smooth at all. Idk if it was similar before but why can't they fix that so it's a smooth animation?
  • Damodamo
    1588 posts Member
    Options

I've noticed everyone flash at the start of anyone's turn.

This ^ it’s like an aoe flash or something on each one
  • Options
    Don't know what the flashing means but it is happening to me too. I thought it had something to do with gaining or losing turn meter.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @Kyno a little help and explanation on what this might be?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    i'm not sure what i'm missing, i have done a handful of battles since seeing this post and I just dont see it.
  • Options
    I have noticed flashing toons either
  • Morgoth01
    508 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    All of my toons flashing every time one of my toons have a turn, all opponent toons flashing every time one opponent toon takes a turn.
    Playing on iOS.
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    All of my toons flashing every time one of my toons have a turn, all opponent toons flashing every time one opponent toon takes a turn.
    Playing on iOS.

I'm not sure about the flash, but my GG with weapon teach gets an effect each time an enemy takes a turn where it looks like a tornado dispersing from them and when ever I hit a target locked enemy, so its probably just the bonus turn meter indication,

Yes it's a green ish tornado flash effect but it happens on all toons every single turn. Doesn't matter what's going on. This is in fact a new addition on turns.
  • chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Another rare moment where most people can agree with TVF

Right up there with you giving credit to someone that doesn't slam game ;)
  • Options

It's weird right? Me too.
  • Asifab
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    i'm not sure what i'm missing, i have done a handful of battles since seeing this post and I just dont see it.

I have not had any of my toons flashing in animation either. For those of you who are experiencing this, what OS are you playing on? Android, IOS, using bluestacks? This might help find the cause.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Potato211 wrote: »

It's weird right? Me too.

See, I can criticize the game once in a while.

Can all you people that take shots at me on a daily basis say the reverse?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

Here you can see it twice. Once for whole team when Rex uses his TM boost. Next is after that turn when it happen just to GAS. GAS gets it after every turn and a lot of other clones too sometimes.

4fybp1rjkatz.gif
  • Options
    I didn't even notice :D
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ShawDou wrote: »

Here you can see it twice. Once for whole team when Rex uses his TM boost. Next is after that turn when it happen just to GAS. GAS gets it after every turn and a lot of other clones too sometimes.

4fybp1rjkatz.gif

Ok, I will have to look for that, but that seems to be from an active ability (Rex). And a more exaggerated version of the floor ring we used to have pre-update when it's a toons turn.

Is it any more than that? Some of these posts are saying its happening to every toon every turn.

I won't get any answers for something like this until after the weekend, but it just seems like an updated "active marker". If players are seeing happen without some activity, it may be linked to other passives and what not, which may be a bug, or "a feature" :smirk:
  • Dal_Zuba
    189 posts Member
    Options
    Or new content?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Just ran against a GAS in GAC, and yes that team makes this super obvious. Talking with others it seems to be linked to just about everything, buffs, debuffs, passive and leader skills for TM gain and other things too possibly.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    It would be nice if when they added features like that, that we get an explanation of what it means. It isn’t very useful to add random flashing lights, numbers, or icons without some context as to what they mean. Especially since most play the game on 4x and things go by so quickly that you can’t really tell what’s happening.
  • Options
    My particular problem with this thing is, that if it gets triggered about literally everything which is my guess as well after several days then it completely loses all of its meaning.
  • Options
    Yep, when running DR vs DR most of the time most of the toons flash each time a toon is about to take a turn.
    It seems pointless when there’s so much flashing