Barriss vs Luminara Zeta Leadership

Which is the better leader?

Obviously as last-string leader of a Jedi team for territory battles, etc.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Assuming it's for Hoth TB:

Did you try GK lead, 3 jedi healers and jedi attacker? It's a fun gimmick team that works until phase 4-5.
  • Options
    I would go Lumi if everything else was equal.

But the thing is that Lumi's leadership requires a zeta. Barriss' leadership does NOT require a zeta.

Definitely go Barriss.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Long time since I have heard this was relevant :)
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Misread question...answer deleted.
  • Options
    Assuming Zeta's isn't a problem. I've been farming for a long time
  • MasterSeedy
    5039 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @Gul_Ski09

Luminara, then .

But Get Barriss' zeta as well! Hers is on her unique, so if you put both characters in one team you get both Lumi's lead AND Barriss' auto-heal on taking a crit.
  • Options
    Luminara’s zeta becomes completely irrelevant quickly. Bariss still holds up on some time-out squads and for other lesser Jedi teams. I wouldn’t do Luminara at all, ever, to be honest.
  • Options
    @KausDebonair

I'm with you. I wouldn't. But it's not our game to play and the OP specifically said asked what I would do if zetas were irrelevant.

I think Lumi's is a bad zeta, but if zetas are irrelevant, then zetas are irrelevant.
  • Options
    Luminara’s zeta becomes completely irrelevant quickly. Bariss still holds up on some time-out squads and for other lesser Jedi teams. I wouldn’t do Luminara at all, ever, to be honest.

Are you talking about Barriss' leadership or her zeta? This is strictly between the two leaderships
  • Options
    We're talking about zetas.

Neither one has a great leadership. But Barriss has a solid zeta on her unique - not fantastic, but solid. (Actually, the earlier in your game you can put it on her, the better it is, because at high levels you have a lot of enemies that can one-shot you, but at low levels it takes a lot of hits to kill someone, so her zeta triggers more often.)

The difference is that Lumi's zeta is on her leadership. If you don't use her as a leader, it's completely wasted. Pure junk. Has no effect at all.

So as soon as you have better Jedi leaders - Jedi Revan, Bastila, GMY, General Kenobi - you'll never use Lumi's leadership OR Barriss' leadership again.

But since Barriss' zeta is NOT on her leadership, that zeta keeps working for you when you put Barriss in a GK or GMY or Bastilla squad. (By the time you have Jedi Revan, you'll want to use other jedi than Barriss).

Barriss also works fairly well on a Padme squad, in a pinch. And all those times with all those other leaders, Barriss' zeta keeps right on working.

But Lumi's zeta - even if you use her in those other squads - doesn't do anything at all, because it only functions when she's in the leadership slot.

So Lumi's zeta converts to junk in a matter of months.

Barriss' zeta keeps on working forever. Maybe you won't be using her in every GAC or every GW or every TW, but when you do, her zeta is still there.

Lumi's disappears - 20 zeta mats gone.

You said you're not worried about zeta mats, and if that's true, then do what you like. But if you care about not wasting zeta mats, I would definitely zeta Barriss and leave Lumi alone.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    zetas not being an issue (while debatable for many reasons), still barriss, bc in order to use lumi you would have to put resources into her.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    The answer to all your questions is no.
  • Options

Neither one has a great leadership. But Barriss has a solid zeta on her unique - not fantastic, but solid. (Actually, the earlier in your game you can put it on her, the better it is, because at high levels you have a lot of enemies that can one-shot you, but at low levels it takes a lot of hits to kill someone, so her zeta triggers more often.)

The difference is that Lumi's zeta is on her leadership. If you don't use her as a leader, it's completely wasted. Pure junk. Has no effect at all.

So as soon as you have better Jedi leaders - Jedi Revan, Bastila, GMY, General Kenobi - you'll never use Lumi's leadership OR Barriss' leadership again.

But since Barriss' zeta is NOT on her leadership, that zeta keeps working for you when you put Barriss in a GK or GMY or Bastilla squad. (By the time you have Jedi Revan, you'll want to use other jedi than Barriss).

Barriss also works fairly well on a Padme squad, in a pinch. And all those times with all those other leaders, Barriss' zeta keeps right on working.

But Lumi's zeta - even if you use her in those other squads - doesn't do anything at all, because it only functions when she's in the leadership slot.

Barriss' zeta keeps on working forever. Maybe you won't be using her in every GAC or every GW or every TW, but when you do, her zeta is still there.

You said you're not worried about zeta mats, and if that's true, then do what you like. But if you care about not wasting zeta mats, I would definitely zeta Barriss and leave Lumi alone.

That's a lot of information that's not relevant to the question.
    Barriss already has her zeta on.
    The team involves last-string Jedi including the likes of Kit Fisto, Plo, and Eeth
    I already have other first-string Jedi teams like JKRevan. I already mentioned this is for last-string teams for the likes of Territory wars.
    Again, talking about Lumi and Barriss leadership only. Not where they work best on other teams, just which leader between the two...
    Please let me know if you have any other questions....
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Gul_Ski09 wrote: »

The team involves last-string Jedi including the likes of Kit Fisto, Plo, and Eeth
    I already have other first-string Jedi teams like JKRevan. I already mentioned this is for last-string teams for the likes of Territory wars.
    Again, talking about Lumi and Barriss leadership only. Not where they work best on other teams, just which leader between the two...

Ok, strictly working within these parameters, I would give the edge to Lumi. Especially where you are using allies who have group buffs.

If you are facing opponents where effects "cannot be evaded" then barris becomes more even.

That being said, I still wouldn't waste a zeta on Lumi.
  • MasterSeedy
    5039 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Sorry about that.

I saw this;

And thought you obviously couldn't have JKR, etc., because if you don't have 4 Jedi leaders better than Lumi, you've got to be mid-game/reached level 85 in the last couple months at absolute best.

How can you not have better LS leaders than Lumi when you have JKR? For Freud's sake, QGJ is better than Lumi if you're going to spend a zeta. Plo Koon dispels stealth at the beginning of every turn and then dispels buffs (like taunt) on every basic. He'd be a better leader for getting rid of sniper droids and whatever than Lumi. Hell, Lumi uses HealthUP to work, and that's going to get erased by B2 before it can have any effect at all.

All that means I also thought you must be talking about LS Hoth TB, which doesn't have Jedi Only missions, IIRC, only Rebel, Rogue1, Phoenix, and that ROLO-led, but open-to-anyone mission. So you don't even have to use Jedi there. Which means I also thought you were using Jedi because they were your last, leftover characters in a roster with not much unlocked, much less starred and geared. Lumi after JKR? I don't know why it would even occur to you. I'm not saying you're wrong to use her, your roster, your rules, and I don't know what you've got. But if that's your situation....

But whatevs. If you're rolling with JKR and want to use Lumi lead pretty much anywhere, I don't think I can help you, because there's no way I would even think about using Lumi lead, and I haven't thought about using Lumi lead, even in GAC, for at least 3 years.

Ignore everything i said. I completely misunderstood your situation and really have no help to give.

SMH
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Gul_Ski09 wrote: »

Ok, strictly working within these parameters, I would give the edge to Lumi. Especially where you are using allies who have group buffs.

If you are facing opponents where effects "cannot be evaded" then barris becomes more even.

That being said, I still wouldn't waste a zeta on Lumi.

Thank you for your specific analysis
  • Options
    Sorry about that.

I saw this;

And thought you obviously couldn't have JKR, etc., because if you don't have 4 Jedi leaders better than Lumi, you've got to be mid-game/reached level 85 in the last couple months at absolute best.

How can you not have better LS leaders than Lumi when you have JKR? For Freud's sake, QGJ is better than Lumi if you're going to spend a zeta. Plo Koon dispels stealth at the beginning of every turn and then dispels buffs (like taunt) on every basic. He'd be a better leader for getting rid of sniper droids and whatever than Lumi. Hell, Lumi uses HealthUP to work, and that's going to get erased by B2 before it can have any effect at all.

All that means I also thought you must be talking about LS Hoth TB, which doesn't have Jedi Only missions, IIRC, only Rebel, Rogue1, Phoenix, and that ROLO-led, but open-to-anyone mission. So you don't even have to use Jedi there. Which means I also thought you were using Jedi because they were your last, leftover characters in a roster with not much unlocked, much less starred and geared. Lumi after JKR? I don't know why it would even occur to you. I'm not saying you're wrong to use her, your roster, your rules, and I don't know what you've got. But if that's your situation....

But whatevs. If you're rolling with JKR and want to use Lumi lead pretty much anywhere, I don't think I can help you, because there's no way I would even think about using Lumi lead, and I haven't thought about using Lumi lead, even in GAC, for at least 3 years.

Ignore everything i said. I completely misunderstood your situation and really have no help to give.

SMH

Feel free to look around:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/267348912/characters/?f=Jedi
  • Deathbringer59
    581 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    This person loves jedi. G12 counsular and Guardian. Question, why did you ask or make a thread when you zeta them both anyways?
  • Options
    This person loves jedi. G12 counsular and Guardian. Question, why did you ask or make a thread when you zeta them both anyways?

For more information from other players familiar with the game mechanics of course. Geeze can't a fan start a conversation?