Squad Cantina "Special Event"?

I just tried to go in there to use up my energy that's been accumulating all day. Instead I found a "special event" which resembles the Darth Vader challenge, but it only let me run it once and now I can't access the normal cantina missions.

Is this a normal thing based on time of day? I only unlocked Cantina yesterday. I hope it isn't locked out from 6 pm to midnight Eastern time every day or I shall be mightily bummed.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Options
    Never mind, apparently this is a known bug, should have checked the FAQ first. (I had seen something in the FAQ about a bug but this didn't seem like a bug at first. :) )
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    This is a bug, I've had this happen to me before too.

There's a few ways to fix this.

Go to Characters screen and select Chewbacca (or whichever character you were farming shards for in Cantina battles). You can still access the cantina battles via the find shards function. This should fix the issue for you.

If this doesn't work, then you'll need to force stop the app and then clear app cache and data (if you're on Android, not sure how it works on iOS) and then open the app again. Note that this will prompt the app to re-download assets so only do this on wifi.
  • Options
    It a bug and will be fixed. You can battle for training droids any time you get 50 energy. You can also do 3 ability mat challenges every day. If you want back in to the squad cantina, you can go in through the find shards button on a character that links to it such as the Jawa.

Normally I'd stay quiet about an exploit such as this. However, I'm very very irate about the slow energy recharge and the tiered refresh costs. I've mentioned the bad energy model several times the last two months and I've been repeatedly ignored. Doesn't seem like anyone is interested in making improvements.
  • Options
    What?
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options
    It a bug and will be fixed. You can battle for training droids any time you get 50 energy. You can also do 3 ability mat challenges every day. If you want back in to the squad cantina, you can go in through the find shards button on a character that links to it such as the Jawa.

Normally I'd stay quiet about an exploit such as this. However, I'm very very irate about the slow energy recharge and the tiered refresh costs. I've mentioned the bad energy model several times the last two months and I've been repeatedly ignored. Doesn't seem like anyone is interested in making improvements.

And I thought...
    What?

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    hmm, a known bug from 2015 is fixed in 2017. Great work devs ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    Options
    What?
    Please read dates on threads you somehow randomly come across.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I miss Qeltar. :'(

One solid dude.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*