Is Qui-Gon Jinn worth 26,400 cantina tokens for Yoda challenge?

Puglio
161 posts Member
That's how many tokens (cantina, arena, GW) it takes to buy 330 shards, which is enough to bring a character from 0 to 7 stars.

He's in shipments, but he is only in shipments, while other characters you could farm hard mode nodes for in addition to the shipments.

I'm mainly thinking about the Yoda challenge as a mostly F2Per. If I make a real jedi squad that I use regularly it'll probably only have Clone Wars series jedi. Though having him around would always help for a deeper GW bench.

I have Lumi 7*, Jedi Consular 5*, Ahsoka 4*, Anakin 4* and Jedi Guardian 2*. Also Ima Gun-Di 4*, but he was a bronzium pull and I only have one of his nodes unlocked, so he's out. And I think you want characters without buffs for the Yoda challenge anyway because he steals them, is that right?

I don't have Eeth Koth yet, but I'm not using my arena tokens for anything at the moment, either. I was sort of saving them either for him or a new character when it comes out. I'm so far from getting a 7* Yoda squad that saving them doesn't really matter.

I know I will probably need Bariss, I've just been using my cantina energy on JC.

It's hard to stop farming Anakin even though I know he's a hindrance vs. Yoda just because it takes so long to get him anyway.

Sorry for the scattershot rambling.

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I have not gotten yoda, but I think he is absolutely essential.

1. For Yoda event, he can purge yoda buff and give group offense up. That can help you kill yoda faster
    2. I don't think he should be leader for yoda, according to the forums. Yoda *will* attack you 5-7 times regardless of turn meter, so I think most people say to use bariss.
    3. For PVP high speed meta, nothing can really beat QGJ. He can one shot almost anyone turn 1 before Dooku can stun him.
    4. There are rumors his lvl 80 abilities will give speed to *all* allies and not just jedi. If that is true, then he goes right to the top of the list of "need to get" heroes for f2p.

I feel your pain, though. I am f2p and i only have Lumi/Koth at 7*.

I am working the slow grind on Ahsoka hard nodes and spending cantina's on QGJ. I also bariss hard node and cantina node.

It is painful to need all these characters for an event I may or may not complete next time it comes around :)
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, I believe he's one of the most used chars for a reason, not only for Yoda challenge. Yoda is one of the best characters in the game so if going by that logic, getting 7* OGJ helps bring another 7* toon on your roster.
  • FuriousFrog
    118 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    QGJ is very popular in arena teams because he is fast, has a very strong assist special that he can use every other turn, and has another special that can remove an enemy buff and give your entire team offense up. He's definitely worth the cantina shipments. You already have Lumi at 7* for the challenge as your second team member. I'd continue farming JC from his 3 hard nodes and farm Barriss from her cantina node and her 2 hard nodes. Bariss is great for the Yoda challenge and will make 7* Yoda much easier because her leader ability gives your team enough extra health to stop Yoda from one shotting any of your toons. Bariss is also a really useful toon for GW because she can heal toons who have heal immunity applied to them. The 5th toon is really up to you. As an F2P, you might want to consider going for either Ahsoka(cantina shipments and one hard node) or Eeth(arena tokens). IMO, Ahsoka is better than Eeth, both for Yoda and in general, but she takes longer to farm. Anakin and Ima are going to take too long to farm and JKG is useless. As a mostly F2P, I got 5* Yoda with
    5* Barissa (L)
    7* Lumi
    5* QGJ
    5* JC
    5* Ahsoka
    I haven't been farming my Jedi as much lately since I want to focus on my arena team, but this is the Jedi team that I plan on taking to 7* for the Yoda challenge because each toon has a use outside of Yoda.
  • Options
    QGJ is excellent. There are no other excellent options (Poe was previously, but nerf) in these shipments, so get him!

After the combat pass, it is all up in the air, I'm farming Bobba, though I already have Poe and QGJ to 7*, and Daka to 6* (for dark side).
  • Options
    He's one of the best Jedi for 7-star Yoda and one of the best characters in the game period. He cranks out good damage when Yoda doesn't have foresight up, definitely invest in him for Yoda and the game in general.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Well, i went for QGJ from Cantina first and now i have him at 6 stars, but...you know what? I think i should've started with Daka first. Daka is amazing. Starting next week, i am probably going to take out QGJ from my Squad arena line-up, because there are too many Dooku's in my shard. Of course, QGJ with Yoda on the same team is another story. Also, i feel that Yoda challenge can be completed with almost any 5 Jedis as long as you have Jedi Consular and Luminara. It might take you more tries but, i think it can be done. And Poe is again, in my opinion still the best tank in the game and a top tier char.
  • Options
    I like QGJ a lot persoinally. I was happy they made him Cantina. I've very happy with my 7*
  • Options
    I use him in GW (I clear every day), Arena (best rank was #1, but I'm usually in top 20-30), and yes, I will use him for Yoda 7* (currently beat Yoda 6* with him)

I am slightly concerned for him after update but still think he will be top tear, for if nothing else he goes quick. After fortitude becomes a thing, he can help wipe off the fortitude so you can begin to focus on your opponents health.
  • Options
    The answer is yes.
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    Well he's probably the best character in the game so you decide
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think any resources going towards yoda is worth it. Mine is only 5* and he's my favourite character to play with by far. I'm ready for the 7* challenge now but I'm wAiting for him to return.
    And with the supposed meta change it seems like matches might last a few more turns than they do currently and I feel yoda will only get better if matches are drawn out with his skill set.

I'm going to be using the f2p team of barriss as lead (just 7 starred her now), jc, lumi, qgj and eeth. I think eeth is my weakest link but he's very quick to farm to 7 and I've seen on the forums that people have completed the challenge with him before
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »

1. For Yoda event, he can purge yoda buff and give group offense up. That can help you kill yoda faster

You'll only make that mistake once...
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »

You'll only make that mistake once...

Yoda always finds way to return the favor... doubled up. :D
  • Options
    QGJ is by far the best character in the Cantina shipments. Not even talking about Yoda, he has been in the top arena teams for months.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    QGJ is by far the best character in the Cantina shipments. Not even talking about Yoda, he has been in the top arena teams for months.

Qgj has been meta since they made speed accurate but I wouldn't say any one character is the best compared to the others. For me personally daka is the one I like best from cantina. But yeah he's still an excellent toon with a great skill set
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Pls keep in mind that QGJ's special is bugged and nobody knows if they will ever fix it.
  • Options
    Yes, for reasons that have been well-covered in previous replies. He's not just useful for the Yoda event - he's great all-round. I'm F2P and I'd already started ploughing time and tokens into him, I'd strongly suggest you do too :)
  • Puglio
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Well, i went for QGJ from Cantina first and now i have him at 6 stars, but...you know what? I think i should've started with Daka first. Daka is amazing.

Yes, I was fortunate enough to look on the dark side roster on like, my second day of playing (shortly after launch; I know I have all monthly reward char shards) and notice Daka and Talia were the only Dark Side healers. I immediately went full bore on a Nightsister team that reached all 7* a few weeks ago. That let me finish the Dark Side campaign and 3-star that tough Anakin hard mode node.

So getting Daka early is a good tip. Neither her not Talia is a great healer, because they do other things too, so you kind of need both.

Thank you everyone! I have begun the long, painful process of spending all cantina tokens earned on QGJ. I am using my normal energy on JC, Bariss, Ahsoka and Anakin (if any left over). And spending my cantina energy on Bariss.

I had kind of been avoiding Bariss because of what happens at the end of Clone Wars, and I guess I'm paying for it now. Like 290 shards to go...
  • Snake
    158 posts Member
    Options
    I only have him at three stars, almost max gear and abilities. He's my 8th best character. I'm sure at seven he'll be incredible. He leads my suicide gw squad now
    -Snake