Does Droideka not need speed?

So I’m trying to mod Droideka and looked at SWGOH.gg to see stats that people usually focus on and now I’m a little confused. So it says that Droideka cannot critically hit right? Because one of the most common sets to have is crit chance. Am I missing something there, because if he can’t critically hit, wouldn’t it be a waste to have a crit chance set?

Also, damage is based on the difference in speed right? Does that mean I want absolutely no speed on his mods? He’d be slow but hit super hard right? Or does he need some speed?

Replies

• AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    I've modded mine to be slow (121) and I use offence mods.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    I've modded mine to be slow (121) and I use offence mods.
    Same. I have zero speed added, fully focused on as much offense as possible.
  • Options
    Also low speed means more chance to build stacks for his special.
  • Options
    He should be slow, but probably not a snail. 180-220 base speed is probably good - if you can get him to go early so he can use his roll, you're in good shape (he gets 50% bonus speed when he doesn't have damage immunity, so it's not hard to get him well over 300 starting speed).

And he can crit, on both of his attacks, but each one also does additional damage, and that damage is true damage which can't crit. So offense and crit chance is probably ideal.
  • Options
    And he can crit, on both of his attacks, but each one also does additional damage, and that damage is true damage which can't crit. So offense and crit chance is probably ideal.

Ok I didn’t realize he does additional damage and the first can crit. Glad I asked, thanks!
  • Options
    I’ve played around A LOT with DDK. I admit, mine is only g12 so take this advice with a grain of salt but:

Fast DDK is way deadlier than Slow DDK.

As earlier stated, a speed around 200 works very very well. This gives him an effective opening speed of 300 with his unique to get to his first special ability (damage immunity + tenacity up), followed immediately by an effective speed of 100 for the big hits.

Also, this method makes the zeta viable, useful, and actually rather powerful.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    imo u see if your DDK is well modded, if u have no problem finishing P4 at GAS event.
    i struggeld a lot and couldnt finish it, so i pulled him to Relic 4 and i am hoping getting GAS the next time he comes around.

High Damage and a bit speed ( offense over 7000 and he hits very hard! )