anyone think threepio and chewie will be farmable anytime soon

i don't know of any character that doesn't have 1 place to get shards, and i'm a f2p all the way so i'm not going to buy those overpriced marquee packs. i'm just wondering what you guys think about where this character could be (if it ever gets a location). i feel that the most likely locations will be either territory battles, another event, or being added to a hard node. put your ideas down here also, and let's hope threepio and chewie will be farmable once the marquee packs leave.
no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle

Replies

• CamaroAMF
    1283 posts Member
    Options
    You can see estimates for shipments/being farmable here: https://swgohevents.com/marquee

Dates there are based off the release cadence that CG posted before.
  • Options
    This pack is actually not a bad deal for what you get with $20.
  • Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    You can see estimates for shipments/being farmable here: https://swgohevents.com/marquee

Huh, i had the feeling The Mandalorian toons became farmeable way earlier than the others.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Wouldnt it be great if they gave us a marquee with the toon being immediately farmable the same day? Just one is all im asking. Throw the community that has stuck with you a bone here.

Wasn't GBA released straight to Cantina? And Arc Trooper?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Wouldnt it be great if they gave us a marquee with the toon being immediately farmable the same day? Just one is all im asking. Throw the community that has stuck with you a bone here.

They weren't marquees though, you had to farm them from scratch.
    i don't know of any character that doesn't have 1 place to get shards, and i'm a f2p all the way so i'm not going to buy those overpriced marquee packs. i'm just wondering what you guys think about where this character could be (if it ever gets a location). i feel that the most likely locations will be either territory battles, another event, or being added to a hard node. put your ideas down here also, and let's hope threepio and chewie will be farmable once the marquee packs leave.

That's not how the game works. Marquee characters go to shipments 4-6 weeks after their events and then become farmable 4-6 weeks after that. Farmable means a node or store, not another event or TB mission.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

Life is a never-ending sequence of tradeoffs.

Another saying I got from a fortune cookie and hung on my wall.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DonPuto
    374 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

Life is a never-ending sequence of tradeoffs.

Another saying I got from a fortune cookie and hung on my wall.

Did you happen to pin a footnote below it to ask, "Or is it?"?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Potato211 wrote: »

Huh, i had the feeling The Mandalorian toons became farmeable way earlier than the others.

Nope, it was just that, a feeling.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Potato211 wrote: »

Nope, it was just that, a feeling.

Like the Force was what brought us together.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

True, thanks for the memory refresh....can we get another toon like that please? GBA and ARC have been around for quite a while now. Maybe a "THANKS FOR STICKING AROUND" toon?

Would you quit if they didn’t give us one? Exactly. There’s no reason to give us a “Yay you’re still here toon.”

GBA and ARC came as farmable toons with a new TB, just like Captain Han and Colonel Starck. Their kind of a trend, and I wouldn’t expect another two for awhile.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please stay on topic. Off topic comments removed.
  • Options
    About a month after they release the tie bomber on a node
  • Options
    i wonder where they're going to release 3pac tho, but i hope my measly f2p income is enough to afford him cause i just love his aoe and blind
  • Options
    i wonder where they're going to release 3pac tho, but i hope my measly f2p income is enough to afford him cause i just love his aoe and blind
    You should be fine. They will be initially in shipments, then released onto a node. You won't get them from shipments, but when they get onto a node it will be easy enough to farm them.

• Options
    You should be fine. They will be initially in shipments, then released onto a node. You won't get them from shipments, but when they get onto a node it will be easy enough to farm them.

i love how that means ahnald wasted around $500 on a character i can eventually max for free

but i guess they say "time is money"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

i love how that means ahnald wasted around $500 on a character i can eventually max for free

This is the entire premise that this and games like it use to make money. Some like to call this game P2W, but its not because everything you buy can be obtained for free. Players who $$ are P2P, they do get an advantage, but there are others who get the same or similar advantage for free, if they play it right. (no its not easy) Paying allows you to play at a different pace.

everything in this game comes over time, and all you can do is pay to speed that up.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options

This is the entire premise that this and games like it use to make money. Some like to call this game P2W, but its not because everything you buy can be obtained for free. Players who $$ are P2P, they do get an advantage, but there are others who get the same or similar advantage for free, if they play it right. (no its not easy) Paying allows you to play at a different pace.

everything in this game comes over time, and all you can do is pay to speed that up.

v8nevqu1z9rz.jpg
  • Options

i agree with this, i believe that swgoh isn't a p2w game because i have seen forum posts of people f2p grinding for 2 years and getting #1 on leaderboards. having to pay to speed things up is a good alternative to having to pay to obtain anything, and this is one of the reasons i like this game better than most.
  • Options

You are new huh? Marquees will go to shipments in roughly 6 weeks. They will go on a hard node roughly 6 weeks after that.