How to 7 star finalizer

So I just activated the finalizer this morning. I wasn't able to complete the bonus tier despite the required ships and pilots being fully developed with most toons being gear 13 and relic'd except for hux. So after the event how do we go about 7 starring it? I doubt it would allow us to repeat the bonus tier to constantly win free blueprints so my next guess is buying with crystals?

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    You can refresh the bonus tier repeatedly for 999 crystals a shot.

You should be able to beat it with a bunch of g13/relic'd pilots
  • Options
    Yes. After the free bonus tier win you pay 999 crystals thereafter. Or wait like a year for free
  • Stryder80211
    52 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    s2a3of1lr1hv.jpg
    At this current point, the bonus tier will be the only way for you to earn 10 shards twice a month. Refreshing is available for 999 crystals after you beat the bonus tier, but I'm unsure if that crystal price ever rises after using it.

Basically one earns 10 shards each time the event appears by beating the bonus tier. Keep up the attempts (it takes me 1-5 times or restarts each month). There are a couple of strategy videos that might help you, but it's only worked by grinding for me.

[EDITED for original incorrect information; thanks to @Artumas]
    Post edited by Stryder80211 on
  • DemonR
    68 posts Member
    Options
    it took me 6 shots tonight - normally do it first or second time. If you are actually reliced all the ship pilots except Hux, then you can do it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have put no specific investment into the toons/ships required for that mission. so you may want to rethink what you think are the requirements.
    boba and Cad g12
    vader/TFP/KRU and Hux were all g12 when i started beating it, now they are various R levels for GLK, Vader is R3

I only just unlocked the 5th star so I didn't use Kylos shuttle, and i still dont really use it but its in the reinforcements.

the mission is more about kill order than anything else.

each time the event comes around you can repeat the final tier to earn shards, its farming like a node, but at a different pace.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Do you know what would be a cool QOL idea once you have gotten 3 stars x amount of times?
    9ifgks15hjz4.jpg
  • Options
    Do you know what would be a cool QOL idea once you have gotten 3 stars x amount of times?
    9ifgks15hjz4.jpg

Yeah, but I’d probably still battle since it’s about the only chance I get to use Finalizer. Sometimes in TW, but that’s it.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    Yeah, but I’d probably still battle since it’s about the only chance I get to use Finalizer. Sometimes in TW, but that’s it.

Good thing that apart from the Rancor raid, all simmable battles can be done manually. Never did I say take away "battle" just add "sim". :)
  • Options

Good thing that apart from the Rancor raid, all simmable battles can be done manually. Never did I say take away "battle" just add "sim". :)

I know you didn’t...was just making conversation
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    KRCS, Silencer and HT in opening lineup. Once HT is taunting, use KRCS to steal HTs TM and pass it to everyone else. It'll keep HT taunting longer. Use every assist and the full TM swap from KRCS to keep using Silencer's basic. Can strategically stun everyone if you make sure you're attacking people with more than 50% TM.

Once Hux is G11+ you can open with 3 FO ships and use a similar strategy to above. I've had 675k from Silencer by the time the battle ends.
  • Options
    It is possible with g8 KRU, g8 Kylo shuttle crew, g8 FO Tie pilot, g11 cad bane, R4 Bossk, g12 Vader.

It takes a few tries each time, but doable.

But I think the main thrust of what op wanted to know was about the bonus tier. It is available for the 10 blueprint reward every time the event runs.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    Raddus/Finalizer events are bi-monthly, not monthly. 20 free shards/month, every month, approximately.
    I know you can go at least 3 refreshes at 999 each, since I did 2 on the last raddus event and the 3rd was still 999. (could've done the 3rd, but stopped at 60/65 for 5* since my other characters weren't quite done yet, event will run again before I'm actually finished, so would've been a waste.)

You can definitely do both events' bonus missions with significantly lower gear and ability levels than you're likely actually going to have if you're working on these ships, since most people working on them are working on GLs, and thus have most of the pilots reliced. As far as I can tell, they're balanced around at least G12, not G13+, and totally doable with less than that on some characters. You just have to know the target order, and how to actually use your ships. It's similar to things like the malak event, chewbacca, 3po, etc. - if you're not using the right strategy, you're gonna have a bad time. Look up some videos/etc. for the strategy - correct targeting priority and starting line-up make a huge difference.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Hux G7 (I think). Starters KRU G12, Cad G11, Bossk G12. RIs KR Shuttle all G8, FOTFP G12. Usually takes a few attempts but better than spending gear.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I start with Bossk, FOTIE and Vader. Reinforcement order Boba, Cad and KRU.

Only Bossk is R7, rest are G12. About 50% success rate.