Sith Healer

Replies

• Options
    Ouchie wrote: »
    There could be a Sith with a heal steal. So if opponent heals team, it heals the enemy instead

Interesting idea but completely useless on defense, who would ever do a heal if you know the enemy is going to get it.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • trellent
    168 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No Explain
    While I'm not opposed to it, I don't think the game needs a Sith healer. I would like the addition of another (easy-to-farm) dark side healer. I see no reason why said healer needs to be Sith.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    No Explain
    The way of the Sith, as far as I know, has Nothing to do with healing. At the most, maybe a self heal through life steal or enemy death. Ohh wait they have that!
  • DudeMan
    10 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Plaguess for sith heals maybe? Excuse the crap spelling.
  • Options
    No Explain
    Plagueis is if anything the most viable in lore to be a healer for Sith but he probably kept people from dying to be his test subjects to find immortality. Man was still a Sith after all.
  • Options
    No Explain
    Plagueis is if anything the most viable in lore to be a healer for Sith but he probably kept people from dying to be his test subjects to find immortality. Man was still a Sith after all.

He knew the secret of immortality but kept it to himself, the speech Sid gave Anakin was a lie to get him to move to the dark side. So if/when he is implemented into the game, resurrection would be a great skill for him. All the Sith in the game should have health steal, but there needs to be real Siths. Dooku and Savage are not and never were Siths.
  • Options
    Yes Explain
    Darth Plagueis the Wise?

This. There is ample evidence in Episode III to support Sith healing.

"He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying."

"He could save others from death, but not himself."

"Learn the power of the Dark Side, Anakin. The power to save Padmé."

"Learn to use the Dark Side of the Force and you will be able to save your wife from certain death."

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved through centuries of the study of the Force."

Also, Sidious saved Vader's life after Kenobi left him for dead. Yes, medical droids did the actual healing in that case, but Sidious led the rescue. That proves it is within a Sith's nature to save another Sith, as long as it supports his own interests (which would also be the case in team combat).
  • Options
    No Explain
    I was pushing for a Dark Side healer for a long time, but I don't want them to be a Sith. The Sith don't give a crap what happens to others. This is why Sidious will heal if your own team dies. All the Sith characters don't gain a whole lot by working with anyone else. They are all independent, because that is what the Sith are.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    From a Gameplay perspective yes, but from a Star Wars lore perspective I don't know who it could be. Darth Plagueis the Wise?

He can be a Sith reviver. He can save others from dying, but not himself..
  • Options
    No Explain
    Darth Plagueis was a male Dark Lord of the Sith[1] who, at some point, chose Sheev Palpatine, a human from Naboo, as his apprentice. As master and disciple, Plagueis and Palpatine—who took the Sith moniker Darth Sidious—worked together, trying to unlock the secrets of immortality[3] and to execute their order's long-percolating plan of supplanting the Galactic Republic with a new Sith Empire.[4]

What Sid told Anakin was a lie to get him to switch to the dark side knowing the only thing he cared for was his wife. Sid did find Vador, true, but did so not because of his dream for a Sith Empire. Knowing that Anakin had more power (midi-chlorians) than any Jedi that came before him. It was done out of his want for the Empire not because he cared for Vador.
  • Options
    Yes Explain
    Xxoxxan could be used as a Sith healer, she practiced Dark Side healing and was one of the first Sith Lords ever.
  • Options
    Yes Explain
    Darth Plagueis was a male Dark Lord of the Sith[1] who, at some point, chose Sheev Palpatine, a human from Naboo, as his apprentice. As master and disciple, Plagueis and Palpatine—who took the Sith moniker Darth Sidious—worked together, trying to unlock the secrets of immortality[3] and to execute their order's long-percolating plan of supplanting the Galactic Republic with a new Sith Empire.[4]

What Sid told Anakin was a lie to get him to switch to the dark side knowing the only thing he cared for was his wife. Sid did find Vador, true, but did so not because of his dream for a Sith Empire. Knowing that Anakin had more power (midi-chlorians) than any Jedi that came before him. It was done out of his want for the Empire not because he cared for Vador.

Isn't winning the battle this games equivalent of want for the Empire?

Here's a thought: what if a Sith could heal, but the healed character had a high chance of dying at the end of battle? The Sith gets his win but his companions still die. It would fit the Sith's selfishness and also be a new twist in the game. Namely, it would be great in the arena and in final encounters, but would suck in GW.
  • Options
    No Explain
    Here is the issue, both XoXaan and Plagueis were not part of the canon. They were both only mentioned in stories and were never characters. With how bad the Dervs have done with actual characters why would we think they will add non-characters.
  • Options
    Yes Explain

Isn't winning the battle this games equivalent of want for the Empire?

Here's a thought: what if a Sith could heal, but the healed character had a high chance of dying at the end of battle? The Sith gets his win but his companions still die. It would fit the Sith's selfishness and also be a new twist in the game. Namely, it would be great in the arena and in final encounters, but would suck in GW.

Or the heal had a chance to expose the healer's allies
  • Acky649
    81 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Here is the issue, both XoXaan and Plagueis were not part of the canon. They were both only mentioned in stories and were never characters. With how bad the Dervs have done with actual characters why would we think they will add non-characters.

Plagueis is canon. He is talked about by palpatine to Anakin to turn him to the dark side. The exact convo is listed in the thread above.

On point though a sith healer makes little sense. Maybe a sith who does the opposite to Talia. Took 5% health from allies to give themselves 20% health boost
    Post edited by Acky649 on
  • boeez
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Yes Explain
    More sour grapes from the turtle.

Emperor Palpatine should be introduced with heal based on lore itself. He did heal Vader after Mustafar.
  • Jamito
    316 posts Member
    Options
    She's not Sith but it would be interesting if Barriss could function as either Dark Side or Light healer. It would fit in with canon from the Clone Wars show as she was dark in a few episodes.
  • Options
    Yes Explain
    Was thinking the same as @ Bad_on_the_outside.. so +1 on that. If he saves annakin to become Vader.. this is a healing. Imo. Not that he hoped he felt better.. but for his cause.
  • Zanhaep
    358 posts Member
    Options
    Yes Explain
    Nihilus with a massive health steal
  • Options
    No Explain
    Tusken Shaman is the healer! He has great synergy with DoT team.

"All allies gain Offense Up for 1 turn and recover health equal to 20% of Tusken Shaman's Max Health, plus an additional 10% for each enemy suffering a Damage Over Time effect."

He will have 16k health, if you have Sidious and Vader on team, it means every enemy with DoT, in other words: 70% health = 11k.

Who the hell heals 11k? lol

Shaman definitively is a hidden gem.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Zanhaep
    358 posts Member
    Options
    Yes Explain
    fberbert wrote: »
    Tusken Shaman is the healer! He has great synergy with DoT team.

"All allies gain Offense Up for 1 turn and recover health equal to 20% of Tusken Shaman's Max Health, plus an additional 10% for each enemy suffering a Damage Over Time effect."

He will have 16k health, if you have Sidious and Vader on team, it means every enemy with DoT, in other words: 70% health = 11k.

Who the hell heals 11k? lol

Shaman definitively is a hidden gem.

Definitely hidden as f2p players can't get him without paying $200
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    No Explain
    I don't see it valid to have a sith who can heal. It goes against what sith stands for. It's a spell of light.
    I like the idea more where the dark side has a stormtrooper who can heal (some ai toon can do that right?)

Really @cosmicturtle333 why even bother to go in here, vote and comment if you don't want to contribute to basically anything.

If you felt this poll not needed, ignore it next time.

• Options
    No Explain
    Zanhaep wrote: »

Definitely hidden as f2p players can't get him without paying $200

Patience dear padawan, EA always release their beasts! :)
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    From a Gameplay perspective yes, but from a Star Wars lore perspective I don't know who it could be. Darth Plagueis the Wise?

Plageuis couldn't heal himself either... He had to travel to some planet twice to get healed... Sith do not have any healing powers
  • Options
    Yes Explain
    Of course we need a sith healer!
    How else are we going to be able to incorporate Darth Darth Binks into the game?!
  • Options
    No Explain
    ubn87 wrote: »
    I don't see it valid to have a sith who can heal. It goes against what sith stands for. It's a spell of light.
    I like the idea more where the dark side has a stormtrooper who can heal (some ai toon can do that right?)

Really @cosmicturtle333 why even bother to go in here, vote and comment if you don't want to contribute to basically anything.

If you felt this poll not needed, ignore it next time.

I was just highlighting the silly Ness of another poll without adequate options or with options worded in a way which aren't very good.

If the OP wants explanations then he should ask a question and get answers, not ask for votes and answers.

'Why?' Is an entirely new question.

'No, I don't think that there should be a sith healer' is a reasonable enough answer.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    No Explain
    What the Sith need is a new character with the power of Force drain. Sith don't heal themselves like Jedi, they strengthen themselves by weakening others, like cancer.
  • Options
    No Explain
    we could just give it to Dooku and buff his HP and offense. then he could fight alone.
  • Options
    Yes Explain
    Yes,Plagueis woul fit.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yes Explain
    A Sith healer would be doable. You could have a character with a leadership skill that heals all team members on enemy death for instance, much like the newly released Tusken Shaman.

Interestingly enough, Sid, Maul and Savage all have passive self healing abilities already. Maul and Sid on enemy death, Savage on taking damage (activates at lv8).

The most lore appropriate healer would of course be Darth Plagueis. His power to manipulate life is part of the present canon, even.