• Hoth Rebel Scout
  • Hoth Rebel Soldier
  • Jyn Erso
  • K-2SO
  • Lando Calrissian
  • Pao
  • Scarif Rebel Pathfinder
  • Wedge Antilles

Okay, but what about the other Rebel fighters? Hoth Han, Rebel Officer Leia, and especially Fulcrum Ahsoka all saw combat against the Empire as ground forces. If you want to talk about Mon Mothma being specifically designed to whittle away B1 stacks in LS TB, look no further than the criminally underused Ahsoka's whirlwind - it's amazing for that.

Ahsoka should have the Phoenix tag, but in that absence, Rebel Fighter would be a good second choice. Please give Ahsoka her chance to shine!

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    More love for Ahsoka! More love for Ahsoka!
  • Options
    What is the rebel fighter tag? Is it a new thing being released?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    What is the rebel fighter tag? Is it a new thing being released?

Yes
  • Sith9er
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Absolutely. She should have the Phoenix tag, and they should have Rebel Fighter as well
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    The description given about rebel fighters being ground troops is just window dressing. Otherwise Wedge and Biggs wouldn’t be listed and others would. Really this was just a way for them to entice you to not use CLS, Han, Chewy, etc with Mon Mothma. It’s also the real reason JKL wasn’t given a Rebel tag.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    The description given about rebel fighters being ground troops is just window dressing. Otherwise Wedge and Biggs wouldn’t be listed and others would. Really this was just a way for them to entice you to not use CLS, Han, Chewy, etc with Mon Mothma. It’s also the real reason JKL wasn’t given a Rebel tag.

If you're saying it's how they maintain balance, yes, you're exactly right.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Sith9er wrote: »
    Absolutely. She should have the Phoenix tag, and they should have Rebel Fighter as well

I'm all for her getting phx tag, since it basically doesn't matter at all at this point. Actually, let's give visas a phx tag too just to see what happens.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I'm all for her getting phx tag, since it basically doesn't matter at all at this point. Actually, let's give visas a phx tag too just to see what happens.

As much as I love Ahsoka, the Phoenix tag would have never been correct because she was just never a real part of the crew. She helped them but it was only one of many things she did, as she worked with Bail Organa and other rebel cells, too. But as for the Rebel Fighter tag, she should have gotten it - especially for the reasons I just typed down.
  • Options

Do it. Allow the PHX to rise from the ashes of their own demise and become the true sith killers in the game.
    Or, just give her a the ability to summon chopper. Or both

• Options
    I know she said she wasn’t a Jedi. But if she had the Jedi tag she would really shine!!
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »

As much as I love Ahsoka, the Phoenix tag would have never been correct because she was just never a real part of the crew. She helped them but it was only one of many things she did, as she worked with Bail Organa and other rebel cells, too. But as for the Rebel Fighter tag, she should have gotten it - especially for the reasons I just typed down.

Phoenix was much bigger than the Ghost. In fact, Ahsoka was a member before the crew of the Ghost was.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »

Phoenix was much bigger than the Ghost. In fact, Ahsoka was a member before the crew of the Ghost was.

Agreed. They were more commonly known in the show as Spectre. They only started being associated as Phoenix squadron after several of the original Phoenix squad died off and the Soectres started filling in. It’s always bothered me that they are referred to as Phoenix in-game when they hardly used that moniker in the show. Phoenix referred to the A Wing squadron. Ghost and Phantom were not part of that.
    b16sbun53tvh.png

• U235
    23 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I agree.. to not give Ashoka (fulcrum) AND Phoenix squad the new rebel tag is ****. Let's face it... Phoenix at R7 is a joke and giving them this tag would be well deserved. This is just a sad way to make old WAY outdated toons useable again because without this new character it is a waste of resources. Now let's all go drop 300-900 bucks on this new character to make some toons we invested in years ago playable again. THANKS CG!
  • Options
    Aren't all rebels, rebel fighters? The two tags are redundant.

Ya'll are trying to apply lore based arguments to a tag that was created specifically to segment certain toons for game specific mechanics.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Options

Ya'll are trying to apply lore based arguments to a tag that was created specifically to segment certain toons for game specific mechanics.

What's wrong with wanting consistency in lore and mechanics? As above, shoulda been Spectres not Phoenix squad. The ships are named phantom and ghost, not bird and rebirth. If you're gonna take a job making money off one of the world's top five multimedia franchises, don't be shocked when people who are real invested catch small flaws. Don't we kinda pay their salaries? If it's okay to send food you're paying for back to the kitchen cause it's not up to snuff I don't see how it's not okay to let multi billion dollar operations know they screwed up some lore or to question their almighty interpretations. I agree that the tag is nothing more than a balance mechanic, but why not expect excellence. This whole last 20 years of mediocrity being good enough has really made people complacent.
  • Options
    Eutus wrote: »

What's wrong with wanting consistency in lore and mechanics? As above, shoulda been Spectres not Phoenix squad. The ships are named phantom and ghost, not bird and rebirth. If you're gonna take a job making money off one of the world's top five multimedia franchises, don't be shocked when people who are real invested catch small flaws. Don't we kinda pay their salaries? If it's okay to send food you're paying for back to the kitchen cause it's not up to snuff I don't see how it's not okay to let multi billion dollar operations know they screwed up some lore or to question their almighty interpretations. I agree that the tag is nothing more than a balance mechanic, but why not expect excellence. This whole last 20 years of mediocrity being good enough has really made people complacent.

There is nothing wrong with Lore and Mechanics being consistent. They just are not in this particular game, and there are/have been dozens of examples of this already.... So recognize the "rebel fighter" tag for what it is... a completely non-lore based tag that exists only for the specific implementation of mechanics.
  • Options
    The rebel faction is just so big, this is a way of splitting it up. I'm just glad they haven't also removed the basic rebel tag from these guys at the same time.

As for Ahsoka, she could easily be given the jedi tag. Jolee Bindo had left the order too hadn't he? He still gets the Jedi tag.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Eutus wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with Lore and Mechanics being consistent. They just are not in this particular game, and there are/have been dozens of examples of this already.... So recognize the "rebel fighter" tag for what it is... a completely non-lore based tag that exists only for the specific implementation of mechanics.

or specific widely held undergeared toons that a majority now have to spend gear to level up, which means $$$. Thats all it boils down too.
    Majority of players do not have to spend gear on them but yes, it brings a subset of toons in this game that aren't getting any use, some relevancy

And this isn't a bad thing. A lot of people have toons they geared up and didn't chase the meta, and those toons are just GP bloats, its nice that every single toon in this game is getting some use, even if it means the next toon only works well with Tuskens, and the one after that works with CUP and Mob Enforcer

This means that whatever toon you invest in, you'll get some amount of mileage out of it. Yeah this makes CG money, but its good for the players too
  • Options
    Ashoka Tano Fulcrum needs to have the Rebel Fighter tag.
  • Options
    I wonder if Fulcrum will get a fix, once Mandalorian Season 2 Airs, with the strong possiblity of a live action Ahsoka Tano Fulcrum. Once she moves from Cartoon to real life action, will that prompt CG to update her do you think