Your opinion about the Rebel Pathfinder Changes?

Altazar
49 posts Member
What is your opinion about the Rebel Pathfinder Changes?
I find it quite radical, he was pretty useful toon in few squads with good bonus TM in Basic ability.

Replies

• Options
    It is understandable, given Mon Mothma’s kit - the random accuracy up instead and loss of TM gain definitely forces him into the Rebel Fighter niche and out of being a pretty decent plug and play tank role, but I don’t think it is earth shattering.
    It definitely hurt Some CLS comps, but dropping old Ben into SRP’s place isn’t a terrible option. I don’t think it hurt his most important role as a means of generating speed for Bistan’s U-wing....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    it is a change for sure, but its doesnt feel like that big of a deal.

he was good, but still really an option not a key toon. I would bring him in for his tankiness and the TM was a bonus. now he can still fill that same roll in a MM team and the TM comes from a different source.

so all in all it may have lowered his tier a bit, but the team he can make should be solid and useful.
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    Options
    I think they took away the only part of his kit that made him viable.
    I understand that they don't want infinite loops but they crippled his usefulness for squads.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    I think he's gonna become an even more annoying tank under MM lead. They just need to add something about gains taunt whenever he gains offense up. That would make him incredibly hard to beat. The Rally mechanic helps with that some, if they add more people able to Rally.

SRP revives whenever he dies with a buff, and now had 100% chance to get a buff with his basic.

He will now assist with his basic when any RF teammate attacks under MM. So unless you can dispel and kill in 1 hit, he is going to be hard to keep down. Just need a way to make his taunt more persistent and you've got an INCREDIBLE tank for MM teams.

Yes it lowers his viability in other teams, but if they add a way to make a persistant taunt, MM teams with an R7 SRP will become a brick wall that will require very specific counters.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    SRP = 15% TM gain
    Hoth Scout = 10% TM gain (40% chance for 25% TM)

They could have reduced SRP's TM gain down to 10% and/or remove the TM gain on Scout's basic but too many people have a geared up SRP while nearly no one has a geared up Scout so the nerf choice is obvious for CG.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    SRP = 15% TM gain

They could have reduced SRP's TM gain down to 10% and/or remove the TM gain on Scout's basic but too many people have a geared up SRP while nearly no one has a geared up Scout so the nerf choice is obvious for CG.

Where does Hoth Scout = 10% TMG? his kit only says 40% for 25%.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    SRP = 15% TM gain

Where does Hoth Scout = 10% TMG? his kit only says 40% for 25%.
    I guess 40% for 25% makes an average of 10%. :/

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    They took a character that had no use and gave it a use. I am upset.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    My opinion is of the changes they have done it is 1 of the wisest.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Given that he would have granted 15% TM to the entire team every time he assisted, it was either remove that or don'tt give him the Rebel Fighter tag. I think they made the right choice.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Cara Dune or Scariff Rebel Pathfinder for MM lead?
  • Options
    I think that they could have made other changes to make the TM gain from attacks less degenerate overall rather than nerfing SRP in general. Pao + HRS can still generate obscene amounts of TM especially if you throw in something like Bodhi Rook to make HRS attack even more and provide bonus TM. If you run the lineup of MM + Bistan + Pao + Bodhi + HRS (treating HRS as 10% average TM given) you can easily get >10 free turns from the get go due to the obscene number of turns Bistan provides and the number of chances for TM you get off of HRS from it.

The bigger issue is that they made SRP a lot worse in every team he was used in and made him obsolete in the MM team when compared to Bistan/Bodhi. His major upside for teams he was included in was that he could grant TM and he was an okay tank, him just being a slightly-more-okay tank is not good when Rebels already have enough tanks with actual upsides.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, he is significantly worse in all 0 teams he was used in before.
  • Options
    Simply because he was not a popular toon before does not somehow mean that making him even more unusable is somehow a good thing
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Simply because he was not a popular toon before does not somehow mean that making him even more unusable is somehow a good thing

He's far from unusable now. His self-res synergizes real well with Chewthreepio and the accuracy up is important for Geonosian TB.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    We will have to see how everything plays out.