Assault Battle Difficulties really need to be looked at and adjusted

The way they made the difficulty is nothing if not downright lazy. They just gave them more hp and protection, more offense, more speed and 100% pre-load turnmeter and extra speed. That isn't interesting. That isn't intuitive, and as we have seen with Tier 3, that is not even balanceable. And don't even get me started on how Tier 3 is literally a Tier 2 reward copypaste.

Tier 2 for some Assault battles is already undoable unless you have consistently good RnG, such as the Endor Assault Battle. And now we have Tier 3, a difficulty setting so high that it's not even remotely doable in the easiest Assault Battle of them all, Rebel Roundup. There's already youtube videos coming out with people having full maxed bountyhunter teams with all zetas and everything with a Bossk Lead and they get full on wiped before they get a single turn in, 0 damage dealt.

Tier 3 is, from the footage accessable so far, downright unplayable because the enemies are so fast they start doing infinite loops, the very thing CG claims to combat the most as far as play-mechanics are concerned.

If Tier 3 in Rebel Roundup can't be cleared past Encounter 1, you **** well know you can't even try the other ones. A suggestion would be to adapt the difficulty setting to Require Relic 2, 4 and 6 for Challenge Tiers 1, 2 and 3 respectively, with Relic 6 requirements being just a bit above the current Tier 2 difficulty.

This was handled poorly and very lazily, and just after it seemed that CG was getting on the right track, we suffer this setback. Truly disappointing.

Replies

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    It's something they didn't even need to do. It's not a major event. If you qualify for it, awesome. If not, no need to do it. I don't understand how this is such a big deal.
  • Options
    Agree 100%. A very odd choice to add this 'content' which no one asked for and really serves just to punish the player base who have invested in relic'd (poor/niche) factions such as BH. I would see this as an affront were I a whale who had maxed BHs.

Also this is a poor omen in terms of possible Relic level increases so soon, or a level cap increase (which I believe CG has said isn't coming soon) - both of which aren't content and just add to players' farming backlogs.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Lio wrote: »
    It's something they didn't even need to do. It's not a major event. If you qualify for it, awesome. If not, no need to do it. I don't understand how this is such a big deal.

This.

I don't get why they did it now, but since I have no prayer of completing even one wave, and the rewards are so meh, I just don't care.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    They are vanity side quests and nothing more. The resource outlay isn't worth the rewards for Tier 2 and beyond - it's just something to do if you've maxed out everything else.
  • Options
    I get your point that it might not be big or important, but what's the point of adding something you literally can't even play? They might as well just not add it at all, and even if you have everything maxed you can't even do it. There's exactly 1 person so far who's made it past wave 1 and he still loses Bossk in it, and gradually loses more people until it's just a low health greef left in wave 8

Adding Tier 3 right now, in the way it is, made absolutely no sense and was poorly executed.
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

This.

I don't get why they did it now, but since I have no prayer of completing even one wave, and the rewards are so meh, I just don't care.

I appreciate that you have no chance of completing it and do not care. To those of us who do have put some time into this with r7, 6e mods, have moved critical avoidance arrows, moved around some speed and health around and are not even close to completing a wave it matters. I loaded in to a screen that by the time a 350 speed character has 75% tm bar the opposing Chirrut has gone a literal 8 times (not including any calls to assist). that if anyone is standing up yo might be able to move a few times.

Anyway, now to the part where maybe you should care, or maybe not. Considering that we get little to no communication (partially the fault of all the fire that happens on these threads, I can't imagine wanting to try and entertain the hatred here) all we have to go on is what we have seen historically. I for one in my own personal opinion was excited that they just invested in the technology, have spoken to a forward looking future where the game continues on for many years. Then they drop a new Assault battle tier out of no where, copy paste the rewards, and crank up the difficulty after introducing two new characters with relative speed. if this is what they mean by the ability to deliver content faster... I guess I know where CG and I stand on what is fun and engaging content. things take time and I don't expect them to drop galactic challenges over night, but what is the point of this? it's not even something to do, its unnecessary regardless of how long it took them to put into production. There is maybe 500 or so people who can even "attempt" this.

You're probably right and I have an unhealthy level of interest and investment in the game and should just let it go the course.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    I get your point that it might not be big or important, but what's the point of adding something you literally can't even play? They might as well just not add it at all, and even if you have everything maxed you can't even do it. There's exactly 1 person so far who's made it past wave 1 and he still loses Bossk in it, and gradually loses more people until it's just a low health greef left in wave 8

Adding Tier 3 right now, in the way it is, made absolutely no sense and was poorly executed.

Because if you can easily do T2 (like most can for Places of Power), you can do T3 with some effort and double up on the rewards for T2.
  • Options
    Just curious, do you have all relic 7 bounty hunters? Not all content has to be for everyone. Supposedly they can create things like this much quicker now. There is a small group of people with maxed BHs who are loving this challenge. At least one has already beaten it. If you don’t like content that’s an extreme challenge that’s ok. Missing those rewards won’t impact you much. Do the lower tiers and ignore T3.
  • Options
    Although I will say I hate RNG heavy events, and early indications are this might be one of those. We will see if a more reliable strategy is found. But that’s my only complaint.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Because if you can easily do T2 (like most can for Places of Power), you can do T3 with some effort and double up on the rewards for T2.

some effort? Not a single whale has beat it while swapping in and out inventories of 25+ speed god mods and optimal primary stats, sets, ect, all the BHs R7, and after hours of attempts and discord chats' theorycrafting. some effort indeed.

source.gif
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    6fhlqfv3qii41.jpg
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Just curious, do you have all relic 7 bounty hunters? Not all content has to be for everyone. Supposedly they can create things like this much quicker now. There is a small group of people with maxed BHs who are loving this challenge. At least one has already beaten it. If you don’t like content that’s an extreme challenge that’s ok. Missing those rewards won’t impact you much. Do the lower tiers and ignore T3.

Nope, no one has actually beaten it so far as far as available footage is concerned. There is one person who made it to wave 8, but no one who's tried and recorded it has beaten Tier 3 on Rebel Roundup.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

some effort? Not a single whale has beat it while swapping in and out inventories of 25+ speed god mods and optimal primary stats, sets, ect, all the BHs R7, and after hours of attempts and discord chats' theorycrafting. some effort indeed.

source.gif

I won't be forming my opinion until Places of Power comes. I do T2 on auto for that one. If I still fail miserably at T3 for that event, then I'll agree with you. But I've seen reports (as has Bulldog apparently) that people who meet the requirements (not just players who are hopeful they can do it with a relic'd Bossk) have been able to do it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    it's almost as if AB's are awful and take forever. Speaking of timesuck, devs
    Post edited by Gifafi on
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    even if we get to auto it one day with relic 8++ and maybe new mod tiers then what? let it play on auto for 30min? mehhhhh
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I will probably never clear Tier 2 let alone Tier 3 and I'm perfectly fine with that. My brother has a full R7 BH Arena team with excellent mods, and without G13 Embo he can't get out of Wave 1. It's frustrating but it just proves these events are so that you can't just throw a "standard" team in and collect rewards.

Heck I remember when passing the Mythic Tier was a huge deal.

It's day one. Strategies are already being discovered and tweaked. Let's all chill.
  • Options

Nope, no one has actually beaten it so far as far as available footage is concerned. There is one person who made it to wave 8, but no one who's tried and recorded it has beaten Tier 3 on Rebel Roundup.

At the time of my posting there was video evidence of someone beating wave 8. Now we’ve also got more people who are beating it. Full video will be up eventually.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

I would imagine that from their perspective, the point is similar to the point in tuning LS Geo the way they did -- if they make something new that can be beaten right now, it's immediately outdated and people are clamoring for the next thing right away. If they make something that is impossible right now, or juuuuuuust barely possible with all the right elements going for you, it allows people to grow into it as the game progresses.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

I would imagine that from their perspective, the point is similar to the point in tuning LS Geo the way they did -- if they make something new that can be beaten right now, it's immediately outdated and people are clamoring for the next thing right away. If they make something that is impossible right now, or juuuuuuust barely possible with all the right elements going for you, it allows people to grow into it as the game progresses.

No one wants to grow into stuff here, everyone is Violet Beauregarde.
  • Options
    The way they made the difficulty is nothing if not downright lazy. They just gave them more hp and protection, more offense, more speed and 100% pre-load turnmeter and extra speed. That isn't interesting. That isn't intuitive, and as we have seen with Tier 3, that is not even balanceable. And don't even get me started on how Tier 3 is literally a Tier 2 reward copypaste.

Just right quick, it is way more than 100% TM load. Even in Tier 2 they have at least 400% TM load. Baze Malbus is about 100 base speed and will attack four times before my BH can even take ONE turn, including my Bossk that is at about 300 speed.

I can full auto Tier 1, but Tier 2 takes some work. I've actually three starred it before with R4 Bossk and Boba, R5 Jango, and G12 Dengar and Cad Bane (his stun is super helpful in this event). I have to run it a few times to complete it, but it's still a pain.

Tier 3 I didn't even get to make one move and my whole team was gone. Because they took Tier 2 and turned it up to 11. (Tier 2 is turned up to 11 from Tier 1)
  • Options

I think you mean Veruca Salt.

The overall issue is that nobody, even with full R7 and optimized modded BH teams has beaten it yet. That’s not good. Nor is it good that the difficulty has been cranked up to such a degree and the rewards weren’t even touched, and the rewards themselves fromT2 were kinda lacking a little bit.

If places of power is this difficult or impossible to do, perhaps CG needs to dial it back just a wee bit.
  • Options

This is simply incorrect and inhumane. Reported.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    The overall issue is that nobody, even with full R7 and optimized modded BH teams has beaten it yet.

Bulldog says just a few posts ago that that's not true.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

I think you mean Veruca Salt.

Whoops you're right.
  • Options
    The overall issue is that nobody, even with full R7 and optimized modded BH teams has beaten it yet.

Bulldog says just a few posts ago that that's not true.

Here’s proof if you need it https://youtu.be/ALVLoBptDDs
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah can confirm it is beatable.. but spent a lot more time than I should have doing it. Joy.
  • Options
    Here’s someone else doing it with Embo lead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXEQnhN7Ens