Grand Arena Match Timeout.

Nichols
16 posts Member
Not sure if the error was on my end or this is the way grand arena is designed to be.

I was facing a Palp(L), BSF, Malak team, I killed BSF and Palp and had Malak down to half hp. I wasn't going to be able to finish him off and I didn't want him to heal back up, so I let the match timer run out.

When I went to attack the squad again, the team had reset to full hp with Palp and BSF alive like I retreated from the match where my squad was used up.

Is this the intended outcome for matches that time out?

Cheers,

Replies

• DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Nope - that’s a bug.

Edit: or not, as further information emerged.
    Post edited by DarjeloSalas on
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Nope - that’s a bug.

I bug that won't get fixed no matter how many times it happens.
  • Options
    Fantasic...

Side note, guild mates are saying Thrawn(L), Han, Chewie can counter Palp/BSF/Malak teams if they are at the same gear level.

GL folks,
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Happened to me too a while back.
    When you go afk long enough for your mobile to power save, the game disconnect from the battle and acts like you retreated
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    When you go afk long enough for your mobile to power save, the game disconnect from the battle and acts like you retreated

Yep, this is what happened. Set the phone down and left the room. Came back and it was reset.

Good to know for the future.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Nichols wrote: »

Yep, this is what happened. Set the phone down and left the room. Came back and it was reset.

That is not a.bug wirh the game then. If your phone lock-screen came up then the phone operating system put the game into a suspended state, preventing it from finishing the battle or communicating the result to the Web service.
  • Farriot
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Nichols wrote: »

Happened to me too cost me the match sadly

• DavienBlackstar
    59 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Brutal. Serious players may want to change their phones lock settings to a screen timeout longer than 5 minutes. (I've done so for far more trivial reasons.)

Beware this does offer a bigger window for unscrupulous persons in your vicinity to pick up your still unlocked phone and rifle through it. Also, battery life may suffer by an amount you notice.