Galactic bounties 3?

Since the introduction of mando has made galactic bounties a cake walk, a 3 star gear 8 mando with protection mods can survive the battle and 1 shot both nest and wampa, so going forward would there be a new galactic bounties? Where we would get gear and relic materials instead character shards?

Replies

• LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    If I could wave a wand and create this event, I would put these toons' shards as prizes. Wat, KAM, Cap Solo, Traya and one more. Any ideas?

The GBI event all have toons from the Hoth TBs (like ROLO, IPD, Wampa) as well as a raid toon (OG Solo) so I based my wish list on the established precedence. (I admit GBII doesn't share the precedence, but at least Nest is very useful.)

Cap Solo is needed for Jedi Luke and right now, the only way to get him (apart from Cash and/or Crystals) is to farm him using Cantina energy (which means you are not farming for relic mats) or you hope & pray that you get some of his shards from Rebel Round up event. (pro-tip, don't hold your breath). That is my reasoning for him.

By all means make the top prizes hard to get, but there is a difference between "hard" (think challenge tier I) and "impossible" (think challenge tier III).

Another thing, I'd love for the events to happen a bit more often than once every 45 days (on average).

Lastly, since I know how much most of you love the quests (*cough* sarcasm)....
    Bounty Hunter Quest 4/7, Complete Galactic Bounty event tier IV. This quest only can be completed by beating tier 4 of the Galactic Bounty I event, not the Galactic Bounty II event. The quest's description does not mention I or II so the description is vague because of this. Do you (CG) ever have any plans to fix this bug by either updating the description to reflect "Galactic Bounty I event" or making any GB event applicable? I think adding an "I" after the word "event" would surely be far simpler.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    No, KAM shouldn't go into this.

Say what you want about the others (wat) but the KAM mission is so extreme that putting it into an event like this would be a slap in the coffin.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    "since the introduction of mando" lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    No, KAM shouldn't go into this. Say what you want about the others (wat) but the KAM mission is so extreme that putting it into an event like this would be a slap in the coffin.

Check your math. 20 shards every ~7 weeks or about 140 after a year. If you solely relied on this method to get KAM shards, it would still take you over two years to get him to 7 stars. I would think after two years, the game would have progressed beyond him.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    No, KAM shouldn't go into this. Say what you want about the others (wat) but the KAM mission is so extreme that putting it into an event like this would be a slap in the coffin.

Check your math. 20 shards every ~7 weeks or about 140 after a year. If you solely relied on this method to get KAM shards, it would still take you over two years to get him to 7 stars. I would think after two years, the game would have progressed beyond him.

7 weeks?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    7 weeks?

GB events reoccur, 45 to 50 days on average, that's approx 7 weeks.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    When Galactic Bounties 2 launched, they talked about making more Galactic Bounties in the future, that's when we also had 5 KOTOR I Marquee for JKR so I always assumed the next GB III would have 5 tiers for each Old Republic Character

Its been 2 years since they made that statement so I'm guessing they're no longer interested in making any more Galactic Bounties
    No, KAM shouldn't go into this.

Say what you want about the others (wat) but the KAM mission is so extreme that putting it into an event like this would be a slap in the coffin.

Probably? Given how rare the event rolls around, and how bad KAM is below g13, its not even a slap in the face. If GB 3 occurred once a month, it will take players 4 months to unlock him (assuming full r7 BH squads too!) and we all know that GB 3 won't be a monthly occurrence. By the time you have a 7* KAM, he will be old news i imagine
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    They could even switch it up to increase variety (and make us gear more teams = profit) and give us events like Empire Crackdown, Jedi Rescue, Jawa Salvage...
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    7 weeks?

Huh for some reason I thought you meant LSTB, my bad.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    They could even switch it up to increase variety (and make us gear more teams = profit) and give us events like Empire Crackdown, Jedi Rescue, Jawa Salvage...

I would love an empire crackdown event. Empire is such a fun team now it would be great to have more places to use them.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    7 weeks?

Huh for some reason I thought you meant LSTB, my bad.

The G stands for Geonosislightsideterrirtory
  • Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

I would love an empire crackdown event. Empire is such a fun team now it would be great to have more places to use them.

Yeah it would be great. But my Hope's would be on sith slaughter.