Please remove negative Mastery

Currently, SLKR's siphon ability is able to reduce a character's mastery below zero (to negative values). It seems that mastery should not be able to fall below zero - currently no other stat that I am aware of is able to fall below 0.

Example: When using my Rey team with General Skywalker vs SLKR, SLKR often reduces my GS's mastery so low that his accuracy and critical damage stats start to be penalized by negative mastery (rather than simply not increased due to absence of mastery). My GAS misses almost every attack and when he does hit, I've seen him critically strike for ONE DAMAGE. To clarify this is not against a Rey using her ultimate, but 1 damage on a GS crit against a non-ulting SLKR. This implies my damage is being lowered by critically hitting due to negative critical hit damage. I've noticed this happening repeatedly.

Please change it so that Kylo's Siphon cannot reduce mastery below 0. I'm fine with him still gaining the mastery points, but the target should not be able to lose mastery they do not have.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm not sure if there are others, but Tenacity can be negative. You can see some (if not all) of these mechanics at SWGOH.gg. Tenacity down is reduces Tenacity to -199 i believe.

I could be wrong, but even though many things are % based in descriptions they can still force a negative value, i.e.- the sum of all reductions to a particular stat being greater than 100%
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    lol op what would be the point then?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    When SLKR was introduced, the fact that Mastery can be negative was a point they brought up. It was designed that way intentionally. So that is WAI.
    I feel like this is an "my strategy isn't working so the game needs to chance" type of post. Not sure thou.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I've been fighting ult Kylos for a long time using GAS and never have run into this.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I've been fighting ult Kylos for a long time using GAS and never have run into this.

Anecdotal.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    DuneFlint wrote: »

Anecdotal.

As is OP's post. Now what?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Anecdotal.

:) Iw couldn't resist throwing it back at you. No to be fair, I see my gas hit for 1 damage all the time in my GL rey team. But he gets what he needs to done before that. It's annoying seeing him miss 90% of the time, but it doesn't need changed.
  • Options

Anecdotal.

:) Iw couldn't resist throwing it back at you. No to be fair, I see my gas hit for 1 damage all the time in my GL rey team. But he gets what he needs to done before that. It's annoying seeing him miss 90% of the time, but it doesn't need changed.

This..never made sense to me. I always thought that negative accuracy doesn't increase the opponents change to dodge. That accuracy and evasion work in a similar matter to Potency and Tenacity. You can have negative tenacity, but will always have a 15% chance at minimum to resist negative effects. Similar, any accuracy under 0% does nothing, since accuracy, and I quote, "ignores a similar amount of an opponent(s) dodge". Also, GAS's basic can't be Evaded. Sure his specials can, but saying that 90% of his attacks miss seems like a massive exaggeration to me.
    Thou I can understand that with 0% accuracy (and all charterers having a 2% base evasion chance), it would be a lot more noticeable. Especially if First Order Officer is on the enemy team. As he gains Evasion from his Mastery so the mastery bonus from SLKR lead would make this guy an Evasion monster.
    I could be misunderstanding how it works thou. But with the way Accuracy is described that wouldn't make sense to me. At least we can agree on the no change needed part. I'll take what I can get from that.
  • Wacka
    22 posts Member
    Options
    When fighting GAS, SLK does become an evasion monster. After a couple of minutes, SLK will start to evade pretty much all of GAS’s attacks. Unfortunately for GL Rey, she’s designed to make battles last a long time, so eventually GL Rey squads (& especially GAS, since AI targets him) will start to have crazy high % of attacks miss. You can still win if you can time things right, but only sometimes.
  • Options
    Wacka wrote: »
    When fighting GAS, SLK does become an evasion monster. After a couple of minutes, SLK will start to evade pretty much all of GAS’s attacks. Unfortunately for GL Rey, she’s designed to make battles last a long time, so eventually GL Rey squads (& especially GAS, since AI targets him) will start to have crazy high % of attacks miss. You can still win if you can time things right, but only sometimes.

My understanding is that SLKR gains mastery, which gives him the agility attacker stats. He doesn't gain evasion, GAS just loses accuracy. No one else misses like GAS does. And yes, someone mentioned that his basic can't be evaded. But I've used his aoe and then shred special when SLKR and KRU are up and had all 3 hits miss. He misses a ton. And if those unevadable basics crit, I've frequently seen 1 damage.